• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    I meant bargain over the life of the contract IF he develops. He got overpaid for his current production uptodate. I'm not a fan of paying for potential.
    Yes, that makes sense and I agree with you that Mitchell has not proven to be worth $4M per year so far in his career.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      Nix is likely a better pass rusher than Reyes and is way better against the run than Reyes. Reyes has a two year developmental head start on him, though, so it would be close.

Reyes is not that great against the pass, so it wouldn't take that much of a pass rush from a NT to beat him out and because Soliai is so good against the run, his being pretty good for a NT against the pass tends to get overlooked. I wouldn't assume that Reyes is that much better as a pass rusher than Soliai is. The question is how much of hit in run defense you want to take to put in a guy like Reyes, who is barely better as a pass rusher and not half as good as a run defender. On third and long, I would use Reyes, but on second and long I would prefer a guy like Soliai to prevent teams from running draws for 7 yards and getting into third and manageable.

Thank you for finally acknowledging that good NTs stay on the field more. Glad we finally got that point across.

When was that ever a question? The problem is that you are pointing to 2 players that are both top 10 draft picks and are the only guys that can do it effectively. The rest of the NT's in the league generally can't pass rush for shit. Oh and both those players are making bank.

Nix to be clear, I don't think, will be a great pass rusher. He will definitely collapse pockets, but I don't see him as a huge penetrating DT type of player unless he loses weight. You are really underselling Reyes. He is a very good pass rusher and will only improve.

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

[/B]
        When was that ever a question? The problem is that you are pointing to 2 players that are both top 10 draft picks and are the only guys that can do it effectively. The rest of the NT's in the league generally can't pass rush for shit. Oh and both those players are making bank.

Nix to be clear, I don't think, will be a great pass rusher. He will definitely collapse pockets, but I don't see him as a huge penetrating DT type of player unless he loses weight. You are really underselling Reyes. He is a very good pass rusher and will only improve.
        I might be underselling 2012 Reyes, but not 2013 Reyes, who was a huge disappointment. We'll see which one shows up this year.

Panama and Steve have been going on for weeks about how no NTs ever play when teams go to nickel packages. For weeks I have been saying that good ones do and I cited larger snap percentages by several NTs in recent years and even when Jamal was with us and it was never even acknowledged.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Thank you for finally acknowledging that good NTs stay on the field more. Glad we finally got that point across.
          Go back and re-read my previous posts. Except for calling you a fucking moron, I didn't say anything in that post I hadn't already said previously.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Panama and Steve have been going on for weeks about how no NTs ever play when teams go to nickel packages.
            Learn to read, you pustulent twat!
            Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

:disco:

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

:disco:
                How fat has Vaughn Freakin' Martin gotten since being cut? Maybe he can be the new 4 down NT if he's big enough.

Comment

• mikec
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  Visit this site dedicated to William Shakespeare including a Shakespearean Insults Generator.Fast and accurate Shakespearean Insults Generator.Have fun with the Shakespearean Insults Generator.

Thou loathed bat-fowling eunuch!

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    well said

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

For Yubaking's legal records, I like his posts (at least the parts I skim through).

I can't say I agree with all of them - even the parts I understand or bother to read.

But there's no reason to call him a fucking moron or even a twat.

The dude is a Chargers fan - and obviously passionate about it. If you want to argue with him, you aren't going to convince him that he's wrong (at least not in those words).

You can either enjoy your arguments with him or just skip his posts.

In other words, we've all made the righteous decision to be Chargers fans despite all the pain this insane infatuation comes with. Let's get along and not get anybody re-banned or turn this into a Haters Convention. (Well, unless it's a Raider Haters Convention or a Manning Slam Fest.)

Party on and Go Bolts.
                      Last edited by thelightningwill; 03-11-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        For Yubaking's legal records, I like his posts (at least the parts I skim through).
                        If you read more of his posts, I'm thinking you'll understand why he get's the reactions he does (not that name calling is called for).

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Nix is never going to be a pass rusher. He may get a few clean up sacks, but you can get 1 or 2 a season if you are just on the field enough. But Nix is just too slow to be effective getting after the passer.

Comment

Working...
                          X