• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • assman3000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Wow.

So he stayed in football shape somehow?!?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Just give him JJ's workload. What was it in the last game.....5 carries???
      Yep...apparently, Lynn didn't want to mess with the Ekkie "chemistry"...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I read that MG is only going to pay half his fines for missing TC, but also will miss out on 3 game checks.
        I guess only charging MG3 half his TC fines is TT offering an olive branch...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
          Wow.

So he stayed in football shape somehow?!?
          Absolutely...Gordon has been playing MADDEN every day of his holdout...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Don't care what he has to pay. He turned down 10+ mil a year

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Savvy GM move

I don't like it, but good on TT.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

The thing with clots is that they can be related to deep fat. Visceral deep tissue fat. Which is a precursor to heart related issues. Type 2 Diabetes. Host of other health issues. Its obesity. And he is probably "Pre" a lot of bad things.

Okung is a cerebral guy with a ton of other interests. Hes also sitting on close to 100M in earnings. Hes done well. It may make more sense for his long term goals to really get healthy. And lose weight. To better manage his chances of living a ling healthy life. And enjoying all the money he has earned.

I want him back. He may be back. But this is a big scare for a man. An overweight man who is most likely seriously obese based on his deep fat. May have been a contributor. He may retire. I would.

Just the reality of it.
                Yeah I can see him follow the Chris Bosh (NBA) route which sucks for the team but is probably in his best interests.

Just wish the team would try to pull a trade for a tackle, whether it's Trent Williams or someone else at perhaps the 2nd most important position of an NFL roster.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Yeah I can see him follow the Chris Bosh (NBA) route which sucks for the team but is probably in his best interests.

Just wish the team would try to pull a trade for a tackle, whether it's Trent Williams or someone else at perhaps the 2nd most important position of an NFL roster.
                  I don't think the skins would have any interest in a RB who would want big money next year. This year is already a bust for them. It makes 0 sense for the skins to make this trade.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I don't think the skins would have any interest in a RB who would want big money next year. This year is already a bust for them. It makes 0 sense for the skins to make this trade.
                    Not talking about trading Gordon for him, I'd trade picks for him. Telesco has already proven and shown that he cannot draft linemen (for either offense or defense) so might as trade the pick that he would waste on a bust on a proven player like Williams. A 1st and a 3rd should get it done. Or a 1st and a 2nd with a 3rd coming back from Washington along with Williams.

- 69-74 record
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

The Redskins wouldn't be making a trade to get long term value. It is all about saving face at this point. They have an immediate need at RB, and if they can get Gordon to play at his current deal, then it works.

Besides, they are not going to get a lot in return for Williams. Again, AB, best WR in football for a 3rd? You don't trade top draft value for players with huge contracts. Teams never do. Maybe if the player is completely clean, but Williams injury history makes that impossible. They are looking for a mid round pick at best. The problem is that their front office is losing a grip on the team, so they need something more, but that is their problem.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Slowly but surely, Scott is developing into an acceptable OLT.

Keep accruing snaps, Trent.

Patience.

The Unit is coming along.

Ie there is no need to commit Salary Cap craziness re Trent Williams !
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Slowly but surely, Scott is developing into an acceptable OLT.

Keep accruing snaps, Trent.

Patience.

The Unit is coming along.

Ie there is no need to commit Salary Cap craziness re Trent Williams !
                          No he's not, Scott has gotten worse despite playing against worse teams.

Good players cost $$$. Without good players on that O line, Rivers gets killed and you'll get to enjoy yourself to a season full of Tyrod Taylor (yuck).

- 69-74 record

Comment

Working...
                          X