• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    While it may be a bit worrisome to think that Lissemore and Geathers can effectively man the NT position from here on out, Cam did nothing while he was here to warrant an additional contract. He had plenty of time to solidify himself and showed little to no signs of improvement when he had the chance. To sign him to another two years and expect the quality of play at the position to improve would just make no sense.
    This.

Expecting Dline/OLB to be drafted high.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      This might belong in the Fire Telesco NOW! thread.
      Why?

I don't think the plan is to go into the season with Lissemore and Geathers as the top 2 at NT. And I think CB just became a huge need in the draft.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BoltBalls
        Always keep eye contact!
        • Jun 2013
        • SD!
        • Send PM

Why is everyone afraid of Geathers? He was a rookie last year who showed some flashes in the preseason and he definitely looks the part for a NT. The guy was a sought after UDFA and chose the Chargers over other teams. Plenty of potential there.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
          showed some flashes in the preseason and he definitely looks the part for a NT
          Plenty of guys show flashes in preseason and look the part(mostly because they are playing against other scrubs). But I don't think going into the season with the hope that he and Lissemore can be the top 2 would be the best plan.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
            Why is everyone afraid of Geathers? He was a rookie last year who showed some flashes in the preseason and he definitely looks the part for a NT. The guy was a sought after UDFA and chose the Chargers over other teams. Plenty of potential there.
            I'm not afraid of him but I surely wouldn't be betting on getting anything substantial out of him from what I have seen so far. He may have been a sought after UDFA, but that just means he wasn't good enough to be drafted in 7 rounds.

Comment

• BoltBalls
              Always keep eye contact!
              • Jun 2013
              • SD!
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              I'm not afraid of him but I surely wouldn't be betting on getting anything substantial out of him from what I have seen so far. He may have been a sought after UDFA, but that just means he wasn't good enough to be drafted in 7 rounds.
              Jamal Williams was a supplemental drafted player that didn't become an elite starter until his 3rd season. Plus Geathers has the pedigree as both of his brothers, father, uncle and cousin all play or played in the NFL. I think he has potential and I would like to see him get his shot as a starting NT.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Lissemore can do the job but it would be nice to get someone better than the other guys in the mix too.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

I like Geathers, but he was definitely raw. I do think he has the tools to develop into a starting caliber NT.

I suspect we go into TC with Lissemore as the starter at NT, with a high drafted rookie, Geathers, and Jerideu all battling for those backup spots.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                    Always keep eye contact!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SD!
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    I like Geathers, but he was definitely raw. I do think he has the tools to develop into a starting caliber NT.

I suspect we go into TC with Lissemore as the starter at NT, with a high drafted rookie, Geathers, and Jerideu all battling for those backup spots.
                    Yeah I agree and that sounds about right. The rookie may or may not be a high pick, it should all depend on who is the best available. If Louis Nix falls to us at #25 then that would be great. However if one of the better pass rushing LBs are also on the board I would take that instead IMO. Even a CB would be preferred if he is rated higher than the best DT.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Why?

I don't think the plan is to go into the season with Lissemore and Geathers as the top 2 at NT. And I think CB just became a huge need in the draft.
                      Because I jmissed the 'yet' part of the original post. Got it.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I'm not afraid of him but I surely wouldn't be betting on getting anything substantial out of him from what I have seen so far.
                        Exactly, I don't think its the best bet hoping that Lissimore and Gaithers are enough. They should at least bring in competition and I think TT will.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

@RapSheet: Other teams interested in BJ Raji before he signed his deal with the #Packers? #Raiders and #Chiefs.

Guess there was zero interest in Raji.

Comment

Working...
                          X