Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

seems like more often than not, they (NFL) try to ignore player bad conduct until video surfaces or a player gets indicted or something and public pressure makes them deal with it. I'm thinking Rae Carruth (contract hit on pregnant GF), Ray Lewis (murder) and Ray Rice (domestic/assault battery) off the top of my head. These are serious Felony charges. Consensual Prostitution has long been considered a "victimless crime" and that's basically where Kraft's behavior fits in. I know they are alleging he was caught in a bigger web of organized crime and sexual slavery sting, but nobody alleges he knew anything about that or participated in it. If he was alleged to be a Kingpin or co-conspirator, or knowing participant in the sex slave trade, then it would be a whole other story and reaction SHOULD be severe and he should face full extent of prosecution. That just doesn't seem to be the case here, even though media coverage makes it sound that way at times.
    But we do have to ask ourselves why multiple billionaires are dropping $50 bucks at a massage parlor located at a strip mall. Is there possibly more than meets the eye here, or are they just that dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      If it was "just a prostitute", then it probably wouldn't be a big deal. It looks like the "prostitute" was actually a slave in a human trafficking ring.
      But would he have known that? It's not like they advertise on the door. Granted it doesn't make it right, but I don't see how it would make any difference in this situation whether the person was a slave or not. End of the day they're going after him for soliciting sex from a prostitute, the slave part makes it worse but it's likely he wouldn't have known that.

Anyway, yet another gate for the Patriots organisation.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

But we do have to ask ourselves why multiple billionaires are dropping $50 bucks at a massage parlor located at a strip mall. Is there possibly more than meets the eye here, or are they just that dumb?
        Just dumb. Billionaires do dumb stuff, but can pay their way out of things, except maybe in this case.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post

But would he have known that? It's not like they advertise on the door. Granted it doesn't make it right, but I don't see how it would make any difference in this situation whether the person was a slave or not. End of the day they're going after him for soliciting sex from a prostitute, the slave part makes it worse but it's likely he wouldn't have known that.

Anyway, yet another gate for the Patriots organisation.
          The latest report is that the women that serviced him were not sex slaves, just plain old prostitutes.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Just dumb. Billionaires do dumb stuff, but can pay their way out of things, except maybe in this case.
            He is facing two misdemeanor charges, so I'm not sure he has to pay his way out of anything.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Very interesting question. Reports are that he flew to Florida, visited the prostitutes (supposedly Kraft had 2--kudos young man) and then flew to KC for the AFCCG. That's really going out of your way unless he was already close by. But what was so special about this place? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Very interesting question. Reports are that he flew to Florida, visited the prostitutes (supposedly Kraft had 2--kudos young man) and then flew to KC for the AFCCG. That's really going out of your way unless he was already close by. But what was so special about this place? Inquiring minds want to know.
                the Discount Club of course! Buy 9 at regular price and the 10th visit is free! :biggrin:
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Apparently, after discovery, the video is made public. There's your field day.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                    ~ Charger Fan ~
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Jupiter, FL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Apparently, he has a home in Palm Beach.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Apparently, after discovery, the video is made public. There's your field day.
                      Can't think of many things I'd want to watch less than that!

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Can't think of many things I'd want to watch less than that!

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

seems like more often than not, they (NFL) try to ignore player bad conduct until video surfaces or a player gets indicted or something and public pressure makes them deal with it. I'm thinking Rae Carruth (contract hit on pregnant GF), Ray Lewis (murder) and Ray Rice (domestic/assault battery) off the top of my head. These are serious Felony charges. Consensual Prostitution has long been considered a "victimless crime" and that's basically where Kraft's behavior fits in. I know they are alleging he was caught in a bigger web of organized crime and sexual slavery sting, but nobody alleges he knew anything about that or participated in it. If he was alleged to be a Kingpin or co-conspirator, or knowing participant in the sex slave trade, then it would be a whole other story and reaction SHOULD be severe and he should face full extent of prosecution. That just doesn't seem to be the case here, even though media coverage makes it sound that way at times.
                          Last edited by Budsman; 02-26-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X