• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I think everyone liked Annie. Just like everyone liked Tim Sullivan. I am not sure what bozo at the UT is making all these braniac decisions.

TG
    Never cared for Sullivan, but like Annie.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
      I think it's John Lynch Sr. The retired safety's dad.
      That explains a lot. I sent him an email once politely commenting about one of his on air hosts and he told me I should go listen to another radio station! Great understanding of your client base there.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Never cared for Sullivan, but like Annie.
        Sullivan was the best sports reporter that paper has had since I started reading it. He's the only one who had any talent and wasn't a complete butt smooch to the Chargers. Acee has talent as a writer, but is a horrible butt smooch. Gehlken has less talent and is less of a butt smooch, but still has enough of the smooch gene that we don't need to take him seriously. Canepa is a talented, yet lazy, writer, and used to be legit. But now he's the biggest butt smooch the world has ever known. Trotter wasn't so much a butt smooch as he was boring. Jerry Magee was a great writer (definitely never a butt smooch) who should have retired about a decade earlier. The last, I don't know, 6 or 7 years of his career, his pieces weren't even worth smashing a fly with.

Sullivan got canned because he didn't follow the paper's butt-smooch philosophy toward big businessmen like the Spanoses.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

To be honest pretty much everything that comes out of the UT sports related is devoid of actual content. Football in particular has just fluff. None of them know shit about football. They don't provide any real analysis of the team.

Only thing that's actually useful is the twitter feeds. At least they are pretty good at getting updates out quickly.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

What about TJ Slimers?
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              To be honest pretty much everything that comes out of the UT sports related is devoid of actual content. Football in particular has just fluff. None of them know shit about football. They don't provide any real analysis of the team.

Only thing that's actually useful is the twitter feeds. At least they are pretty good at getting updates out quickly.
              I don't need analysis. I just wish they'd ask some tougher questions. You're right about the fluff.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I forgot about him. I was kind of young (high school, I think) when Simers was with the Union or the Tribune or both. Plus, I think that was when the L.A. Times still had that San Diego edition, which I delivered, and, therefore, read instead of the Union or the Tribune or that green paper.

Comment

• Kyle
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  Sullivan was the best sports reporter that paper has had since I started reading it. He's the only one who had any talent and wasn't a complete butt smooch to the Chargers. Acee has talent as a writer, but is a horrible butt smooch. Gehlken has less talent and is less of a butt smooch, but still has enough of the smooch gene that we don't need to take him seriously. Canepa is a talented, yet lazy, writer, and used to be legit. But now he's the biggest butt smooch the world has ever known. Trotter wasn't so much a butt smooch as he was boring. Jerry Magee was a great writer (definitely never a butt smooch) who should have retired about a decade earlier. The last, I don't know, 6 or 7 years of his career, his pieces weren't even worth smashing a fly with.

Sullivan got canned because he didn't follow the paper's butt-smooch philosophy toward big businessmen like the Spanoses.
                  I agree about Sullivan. I'm a Reds fan and before Sullivan covered the Chargers he was the best best writer for the Reds. Somehow he got the access and stories without kissing ass. And he's always had insightful articles instead of regurgitating the same thing every other writer and talking head is focused on.
                  sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

@annieheilbrunn: With Mouton down, not sure what's more troubling at the moment: Depth at ILB, depth at secondary or depth on the D-line. #chargers
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      @den60: With mouton down, not sure what's more troubling at the moment: Philip rivers at qb, philip rivers at qb, or philip rivers at qb. #chargers
                      Can't seem to make capital letters after the first word in a sentence.
                      Last edited by QSmokey; 07-27-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        @annieheilbrunn: With Mouton down, not sure what's more troubling at the moment: Depth at ILB, depth at secondary or depth on the D-line. #chargers
                        Depth at D-line. It's the most important part of the defense.
                        However, the secondary doesn't even have enough starters.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

@annieheilbrunn: LT: "If you just look at the roster, I have to go with the #Chiefs" as far as being closer to the #Broncos in AFC West (vs. #Chargers).
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X