Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority. I'd like to see the Chargers bring him in and see how healthy he is.
    I'm all for that. I don't think it ever hurts to bring a player in for a look. Never hurts to kick the tires a bit.

It just depends on what they find before I would sign them.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I just see the safety market drying up and while berry brings risk he also brings a lot of reward. He isn't that old and if it's not a big money deal he could be worth the risk. His pedigree is strong.

We we have been flushing money down the drain on Varret for the last two years at least this is an all pro level player. It's a risk but may be worth taking.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
        I just see the safety market drying up and while berry brings risk he also brings a lot of reward. He isn't that old and if it's not a big money deal he could be worth the risk. His pedigree is strong.

We we have been flushing money down the drain on Varret for the last two years at least this is an all pro level player. It's a risk but may be worth taking.
        He WAS an all pro player. If he isn't right and going to be playing with pain because he doesn't want surgery, why sign him? We don't want the shell of what be was.
        i think we could bring him in for a workout to see what kind of shape he is in and then decide
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He WAS an all pro player. If he isn't right and going to be playing with pain because he doesn't want surgery, why sign him? We don't want the shell of what be was.
          i think we could bring him in for a workout to see what kind of shape he is in and then decide
          Of course be picky. Don't throw your money at him. But if the doctors say it won't affect his play and he accepts a Short term high incentive deal he could be a bargain.

Comment

• shruggy
            shruggy was here
            • Dec 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            The last I heard on NFLN is that his condition doesn't require surgery but will present pain, thus is manageable with a mix of rest, treatment and toughness.
            if that's the case, I'd love to throw a reasonable offer.
            signing of Davis and an expensive backup qb are win-now moves, and so would signing Berry
            Kind of reminds me of what Antonio Gates dealt with when he had plantar fasciatis.*

*I decided not to look up the spelling for this, and just went for it.

Comment

• CTrout
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If you had to choose between Berry or Donald Penn....who you want?

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                I guess I'm in the minority. I'd like to see the Chargers bring him in and see how healthy he is.
                So would I. And if someone else wants to throw a bunch of money at him, let them have him. But we should at least take a look under the hood.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                  If you had to choose between Berry or Donald Penn....who you want?
                  Without a doubt Penn, but I suspect penn will be able to get more money. I mean if it was an even deal with the money going one way or the other OL to protect or and open holes in the run game all day.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Verret go to the Pro Bowl?

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

KC knows Berry's health status and abilities better than anyone- and they chose to move on. You gotta wonder why they didn't at least try to re-structure his contract to reduce cost if they thought he could still be productive for full seasons and not miss a bunch of games, right? Instead they went out and signed another big contract FA- so maybe $ isn't the issue with Berry. People here are suggesting Berry should sign a discounted, incentive laden "prove it" contract with the Chargers, but wouldn't you expect KC already investigated that with him before moving on?

My sense is the Chargers feel they have enough guys on the roster already and expect 1 will emerge to more than adequately replace Addae, but would still sign the right guy that falls into their lap at the right price, or in the draft or UDFA period after the draft. As long as Boston is still out there, I think it's possible he ends up a Charger again.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

KC knows Berry's health status and abilities better than anyone- and they chose to move on. You gotta wonder why they didn't at least try to re-structure his contract to reduce cost if they thought he could still be productive for full seasons and not miss a bunch of games, right? Instead they went out and signed another big contract FA- so maybe $ isn't the issue with Berry. People here are suggesting Berry should sign a discounted, incentive laden "prove it" contract with the Chargers, but wouldn't you expect KC already investigated that with him before moving on?

My sense is the Chargers feel they have enough guys on the roster already and expect 1 will emerge to more than adequately replace Addae, but would still sign the right guy that falls into their lap at the right price, or in the draft or UDFA period after the draft. As long as Boston is still out there, I think it's possible he ends up a Charger again.
                        Good Lord, I forgot he was still sitting there. That guy has to hate this time of year.........

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Verret go to the Pro Bowl?
                          Do you think Verrett is anything close to Berry, and I said all pro, not pro bowl.

Comment

Working...
                          X