• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shock&Awe
    Great White North
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

The "run-first"guys rarely ever pan out, which is why I'm expecting the Ravens to be back in the QB pull in 2021. Mobility is good and desired, Andrew Luck, DeShaun Watson, Mahomes, have it, but they also developed the ability to read defenses in college which spring boarded them in the pros to almost instant success.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
      The "run-first"guys rarely ever pan out, which is why I'm expecting the Ravens to be back in the QB pull in 2021. Mobility is good and desired, Andrew Luck, DeShaun Watson, Mahomes, have it, but they also developed the ability to read defenses in college which spring boarded them in the pros to almost instant success.
      I agree, the problem is based on all the QBs we've brought in since Lynn became our coach and his stated preference for mobile QBs we might be in for a scrambler next.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Im kind of expecting Liuget to come back. The dust is settling and i dont think there is a ton of interest in him. He could be a nice depth guy and it limits his snaps keeping him healthy.

If not him or someone else i question if going into the draft with literally 2 guys on the roster is smart. Is it not telegraphing a serious position of need? We have McGill but hes a practice squad guy. Just a body at this point.

Id probably feel better going into the draft with a 3rd DT on the roster. I dont want to have to trade picks to keep teams from jumping in front of us for a DT. Of which im certain teams know we are in the hunt for. Its pretty obvious.

I wouldnt be surprised if we are trying to get some value at the position right now.
        If Liguet gets Philon money I go liguet 100%. He's a higher upside player with a good emount of seasoning.

Im also with you on not telegraphing needs. But maybe telesco doesn't care about telegraphing the need for dL since this draft is extremely deep at dL. It's unlikely someone trades up and jumps us so late for a dt when there is so much depth. He could also be thinking that if there are a lot of dt drafted and teams are cutting their vets that quality dt depth can be had post draft too, if nothing else it will push the price down on the position.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Eli >> Rosen

Corey was a mid first rounder.... don't think he's depth/a rotational guy.... he's a starter (when he's healthy

and Telesco did make mention of things re: extending some peoples, and.... have the suspicion that he might just wait on things there ??

would also volunteer that the avg GM hits on about half his selections (in the draft.... not sure what the stats are for FA ?)

you pretty much have to hit on your first rounder.... (to keep your job, albeit a good dozen or so day one prospects don't make the grade)

so maybe you get one of two day two, and one or two on day three.... think that's a pretty much avg GM.

if you are proficient/prescient in acquiring extra picks, or more sentient than your fellow GMs, perhaps you improve on your percentages and/or total haul ??

ps. think coaches are not just looking for passing QBs, but rather (highly) accurate throwing QBs.
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
          X