• chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I expect a 2 year deal for Rivers soon.
    I agree and I think he'll be willing to help the team by not insisting on a higher contract than the last guy signed. He wants a SB win before he quits and he knows he needs good teammates for that. He must have really fat bank account!
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That takes a lot of imagination!
      veryourhead:
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree and I think he'll be willing to help the team by not insisting on a higher contract than the last guy signed. He wants a SB win before he quits and he knows he needs good teammates for that. He must have really fat bank account!
        It will be close to a quarter billion after this year. I would be shocked if he gets into the 30+M range. He might because the team may not even be thinking about a discount. Im hoping it ends up going that route however.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I would be surprised if anything other than a cap friendly deal happens.

Obviously Phil puts the very highest value
          in being able to continue playing football
          while simultaneously enjoying stability for his family.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It will be close to a quarter billion after this year. I would be shocked if he gets into the 30+M range. He might because the team may not even be thinking about a discount. Im hoping it ends up going that route however.
            I expect he signs for approximately the same amount as Ben did, just like his last contract. The NFLPA and agents frown on "discounts", though I'm not sure how much real pressure that actually brings.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I expect he signs for approximately the same amount as Ben did, just like his last contract. The NFLPA and agents frown on "discounts", though I'm not sure how much real pressure that actually brings.
              Brees and Brady did deals to help the team. At least thats the word on the streets. I dont know the details. You may be right. It probably will be fair market value. But Rivers himself may make it a point to go less.

I just have the gut feeling that Rivers will do something to help us. I could be wrong. Could be my own desires in play here.

Either way i wont be upset if he is retained another 2 years. I do expect blowback from a few fans if he goes max though.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Rives has 100% availability, something no other qb has. That's worth a lot.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  It's clear that Lynn values mobility in a qb. Rivers is still productive but he skipped voluntary camp and has 2019 left. I question the wisdom of investing $30m of the cap in an aging qb. If Rivers wants to win he needs to sacrifice. Otherwise, Lynn is getting guys at the position that have the tools he likes.
                  Mountain, meet Molehill. The reason why Rivers missed the voluntary workouts was because of the timing of Easter this year. It's one of the most important religious holidays and invariably, he spends it with his family.

The coaches and staff were well aware of his commitment, and had no problem at all with Rivers doing what was of utmost importance to him and his family.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Boltjolt you need a "post delete" 12 step program.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Boltjolt you need a "post delete" 12 step program.
                      Lol, well if I see somebody said something similar, I'll delete to not pile on. Or I'll just decide to not say it lol

Also i edit a ton because I can't type for crap on my phone and as you know,.....many typos so I have to edit lol. So sometimes I'll just say screw it and delete it.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, well if I see somebody said something similar, I'll delete to not pile on. Or I'll just decide to not say it lol

Also i edit a ton because I can't type for crap on my phone and as you know,.....many typos so I have to edit lol. So sometimes I'll just say screw it and delete it.
                        Just playin. Its never completely gone when you delete. We have to come in and hard delete it. Ive just noticed around 20 of your deletes the past few days. lol

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

I'm automatically rooting for Stick to be the heir because I've always wanted to root for a starting qb with a single digit (2)
                          P1. Block Destruction
                          P2. Shocking Effort
                          P3. Ball Disruption
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

Working...
                          X