Build the defense now, then trade up for Trevor Lawrence when he comes out

one can wish

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

It will be very interesting to see how the negotiations for extending Bosa go. On one hand, we have a playoff caliber team and he is thriving in our D and appears to like playing under Gus and with Melvin and crew. On the other hand, Team Bosa is all business and I don't expect any kind of a hometown discount. I hope we lock him up before he is tagged and things get ugly.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt
        Watson had his best game this season against us because he had all day to throw when normally he is sacked 5 times a game and pressured more often
        imagine how bad it would have been if Joey wasn't having a monster season ...
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          imagine how bad it would have been if Joey wasn't having a monster season ...
          My fear is Joey gets tired of doing it all himself and leaves as soon as he gets a chance.

As others have mentioned brining Ramsey onboard would probably guarantee Derwin sticks around for a while after his rookie contract too

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

My fear is Joey gets tired of doing it all himself and leaves as soon as he gets a chance.

As others have mentioned brining Ramsey onboard would probably guarantee Derwin sticks around for a while after his rookie contract too
            good points.....

especially after Rivers retires..... all we will have is a defense..... and running game.....

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt

Today's game still shows if you can get pressure on Brady, Mahomes,Brees,Rivers.....any QB....you can win those games if they are disrupted. If they aren't, I don't care if you have 4 Ramsey's, with all day to throw they will find open receivers.

Watson had his best game this season against us because he had all day to throw when normally he is sacked 5 times a game and pressured more often
              Yep. It's not rocket science. Just look at what the Bills were doing against the Pats and their banged up oline recently. With ample time average qbs can look like all stars

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

He's already good as gone. I will be pleased to be wrong, but Bosas are Bosas. Mom n Dad optimize deals and his next deal will be more optimal elsewhere. Just a guess ... again, hope i'm wrong. He held out just for the timing of his bonus pay. his brother blew off his last college season to ensure he was top 3 pick and didn't get a career injury. They will play hard for whoever they are with at the moment, because thats just how they play. but they won't get all sentimental about it. He won't leave because he's tired, he'll leave because he'll somewhere somehow get a better deal from one of the other 31. They are all about cold clear business analyses and they listen closely to mom n dad, who both remember dads career and very well understand that their business won't give a shit about them when they are done. The business dropped dad like a dirty stone once he wasn't of value. Their family gets it more than perhaps any.

That's just modern pro sports, we all need to understand and not take every business decision made by either a player or a team personally. Its how it must be, because making sentimental decisions would be worse for a team. And a $1500 season ticket doesn't buy us a human that owes us a thing beyond that season, much less a team. it buys us 24 hours of entertainment (plus another 6 hours of crap preseason ).
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

I agree that Bosa won't be here. Some other team will offer him more money and we will wonder why we can afford him as we have garbage like Perryman extended and on the books.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Yeah if Bosa leaves this defense will literally be Derwin and that's it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                      I agree that Bosa won't be here. Some other team will offer him more money and we will wonder why we can afford him as we have garbage like Perryman extended and on the books.
                      Next season Denzel has a 8.57 mil cap hit but only a 2 mil dead cap hit. Could be cut or restructured. This season his cap number is 3.4 mil
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia F/U Telesco
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Next season Denzel has a 8.57 mil cap hit but only a 2 mil dead cap hit. Could be cut or restructured. This season his cap number is 3.4 mil
                        Did Bosa play against pitt? I didn't hear his name called much.

Comment

Working...
                        X