• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Biggest mistake you can make is to reach for need. If you need a position, and all the top people you want are gone...don't just grab the "next guy"...get a good player that can help you somewhere else.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      yep, Telesco and McCoy are the best hires Spanos ever made and were exactly what was needed to re-invigorate and even save the franchise. I'm pleased he was able to change his M.O. after all these years- and wondering if his sons got him to see the light on the modern NFL.
      UnNorving logo:
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
        “Everybody has been looking for years and years and years big corners that can cover. Nobody goes in with the philosophy ‘I want some really small cover corners.’ Everybody wants big and fast.
        :sammydavislogo:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We need guys that can cover people number one and tackle. If they come in a smaller size, they come in a smaller size. If they are average size, they’re average size. If you hold out looking for just Richard Sherman, you’ll be waiting a long time.”
          Yes.

Probably his route running.
          Yes.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            Yes.

Yes.
            Daily Affirmation logo:
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

This is Telesco's first draft with scouting and all being done his way, with his people. I'm anxious to see how he does, and from what I heard, I like his approach.

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                yep, Telesco and McCoy are the best hires Spanos ever made and were exactly what was needed to re-invigorate and even save the franchise. I'm pleased he was able to change his M.O. after all these years- and wondering if his sons got him to see the light on the modern NFL.
                Trying to get Den60 back into the fold I see...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Unless he's completely punking us, its pretty clear that his strategy will be Best Player Available, unless that player is in a well stocked position vs. drafting on covering a need position. He'll trade up if the value player still on their board greatly exceeds the spot (e.g. T'eo) in the first few rounds. All that means is that TT won't draft a kicker, punter, LS or a QB, and probably RB, FB and TE, and he probably won't trade down just to make the value of the player at a "need" equal to the draft position.

I still believe that an NT that can apply pressure on the QB, as well as take on blockers would do best to help the D, but I'm not sure if Nix is the answer there at #25. If they do stay at #25, they better draft someone that we can expect to start in game 1, unless Barr drops into their lap.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Unless he's completely punking us, its pretty clear that his strategy will be Best Player Available, unless that player is in a well stocked position vs. drafting on covering a need position. He'll trade up if the value player still on their board greatly exceeds the spot (e.g. T'eo) in the first few rounds. All that means is that TT won't draft a kicker, punter, LS or a QB, and probably RB, FB and TE, and he probably won't trade down just to make the value of the player at a "need" equal to the draft position.

I still believe that an NT that can apply pressure on the QB, as well as take on blockers would do best to help the D, but I'm not sure if Nix is the answer there at #25. If they do stay at #25, they better draft someone that we can expect to start in game 1, unless Barr drops into their lap.
                    Watch us pick Gabe Jackson ;-)

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

If Barr's there, I think you have to take him. If not, the question its Shazier or CB in my mind. And if the CBs ranked through Verrett are gone, I think you trade back.

Comment

Working...
                      X