• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I remember hearing how Perry was the "leader" of that Ohio st defense (part of the hype I suppose)
    oh also, he signed his rookie deal and it was unfairly compared to Bosa and his holdout.
    I was there when Bosa announced Perry live from Qualcomm stadium during day 2 of the draft
    Joey read the card and said "this is a good one, Joshua Perry, Ohio state"
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Don't get me wrong, I think Tranquill is going to be a steal where Tommy T drafted him. He is already demonstrating that. Not comparing him to Joshua Perry as a player, but it's just kind of eerie the parallels. There was buzz about Perry, probably much more optimistic than warranted, and I was kind of shocked when he washed out so quickly. As noted, Perry was a bit large and too slow of a mover for LB, and might have been better suited for DE, but he would have been undersized there. I am looking forward to watching Tranquill develop this season!

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

In one preseason game Tranquill has shown more than Perry did in his total NFL tenure. I see no comparison as NFL players.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          In one preseason game Tranquill has shown more than Perry did in his total NFL tenure. I see no comparison as NFL players.
          100% agree with this.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I think Tranquill is going to be a steal where Tommy T drafted him. He is already demonstrating that. Not comparing him to Joshua Perry as a player, but it's just kind of eerie the parallels. There was buzz about Perry, probably much more optimistic than warranted, and I was kind of shocked when he washed out so quickly. As noted, Perry was a bit large and too slow of a mover for LB, and might have been better suited for DE, but he would have been undersized there. I am looking forward to watching Tranquill develop this season!
            It wasn't so much as Perry was slow, as slow to react. He never adjusted to the NFL game and looked lost. he waited to react to plays and then went after the ball. He was always a step behind. You never really know what a college player, especially a LB will do. You can project, but sometimes you are just wrong.

Tranquill was a quick reactor for a college player, but has stepped it up big time so far. He is reacting even faster than when he was in college. He is one of those college players who is simply stepping his game up, which everyone needs to do, but he isn't taking years to do it. HE isn't waiting to just see where the ball goes, he is reading the formation the alignments..... and he knows what to do when he sees stuff starting to happen.

I can't wait to see Tranquill in his next game. He was reacting well, his footwork is better than it was in college. The Cards play to Air Raid that is so popular in college these days, so that probably helped. Now he has to do it against NO, although he has been practicing against it for a few days, so it should be another good test.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It wasn't so much as Perry was slow, as slow to react. He never adjusted to the NFL game and looked lost. he waited to react to plays and then went after the ball. He was always a step behind. You never really know what a college player, especially a LB will do. You can project, but sometimes you are just wrong.

Tranquill was a quick reactor for a college player, but has stepped it up big time so far. He is reacting even faster than when he was in college. He is one of those college players who is simply stepping his game up, which everyone needs to do, but he isn't taking years to do it. HE isn't waiting to just see where the ball goes, he is reading the formation the alignments..... and he knows what to do when he sees stuff starting to happen.

I can't wait to see Tranquill in his next game. He was reacting well, his footwork is better than it was in college. The Cards play to Air Raid that is so popular in college these days, so that probably helped. Now he has to do it against NO, although he has been practicing against it for a few days, so it should be another good test.
              Beg to differ. Perry was slow after he reacted too
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

In the Cards game, when Tranquill got that pick, one of the announcers said he thought Tranquill "baited the QB" to make the throw, then made his break to snag it. If so, smart...

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

I hope he does well. The last LB we drafted from ND was just average.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    Welcome to the Powder Blues!

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Welcome to the Powder Blues!
                      Thank you !!!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        Good to have to have with us PR#1

Comment

• GUYMAN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Did he play against NO? Don't see any stats (maybe he had no tackles...)

Comment

Working...
                          X