• Show
Clear All
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Which is why it wont happen, lol. Im not much of a fan of Kiper and even less a fan of McShay.
    Ha, maybe not. But I had identified Jean-Baptiste even before Kiper rolled out with that choice, b/c I just can't see the other marquee CBs (Fuller, Gilbert, Dennard) lasting to the 25th pick.

I think J-B would be a nice addition to our otherwise undersized secondary. Plus, he's been durable his entire college career, which would be a plus given that we always seem to gamble & lose on injury-prone guys.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

I think McGill is a better player than Jean-Batiste. Ive never seen JP mocked that high but i only venture to two or three draft sites that i think are good so i dnt see places like Walter Football...not saying that is the one you looked at, im just saying.
      I have watched every game McGill has played in college, most of them live, and even I am surprised at the love McGill is getting in this draft season. The guy has always just been sort of average. I mean he has lined up against some of the best in the country but he is not really a big play maker either. Also, I was never a fan of his tackling...teams used to game plan running right at him on the edge. He will not be the one that solves the Chargers corner woes...
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If there is one position I can see falling, it is cb. Pass rushers, WRs, lineman, they're all more important.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          If there is one position I can see falling, it is cb. Pass rushers, WRs, lineman, they're all more important.
          That's what I'm hoping for. Would really, really, like to see fuller or Denard there. Doubt it will happen, but I'd like it.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            That's what I'm hoping for. Would really, really, like to see fuller or Denard there. Doubt it will happen, but I'd like it.
            I would be very surprised given how much more valuable CBs have become. Would be nice. Both those guys are pro ready.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              Dollars don't necessarily support that based on this offseason. I think they are at least on par now.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Dennard is a press/boundary cb. Not sure he would do well in our zone. But ive been wanting more press for a while now. Lovie Smith said when he went to the Bucs that you can use a guy like Revis up close in his style of D. But then he went and cut him. lol Zone coverage with no pass rush scares the hell out of me.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He had one injury and that was a shoulder injury. He had surgury on it twice and why he missed 2012 as well. Played every game last year. I wouldnt take JB til round 3 either.
                  I would look at JB in the late second if he is there and we went pass rush in the first. But I like Gaines a lot as well. I think he is a very underrated corner.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    I would look at JB in the late second if he is there and we went pass rush in the first. But I like Gaines a lot as well. I think he is a very underrated corner.
                    If Gaines is there i take him in a heart beat over JB. In fact i hope somebody does take JB early and if we dont get a CB in the first, it helps push Gaines to us.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

I think Verrett has a strong possibility of being TT's guy. TT values game film over the other things and Verrett is said to have had the strongest game film from last year.

Comment

• TTThunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        I think Verrett has a strong possibility of being TT's guy. TT values game film over the other things and Verrett is said to have had the strongest game film from last year.
                        Wow, you are right on target!

Which remaining pass rusher/WR have strong game film?

Go TT!!!

Comment

• Big Dog
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
                          1. Verrett
                          2. Fuller
                          3. Gilbert
                          4. Dennard

I love Verrett's awareness and movement skills. He plays fastest among all the CB's. His change of direction skills are very good. He covers WRs like a pest that won't go away. He makes QBs have to be perfect. If a QB tries to throw a jump ball, Verrett has a very good vertical that makes up for his 5' 9 1/2" height.

I really like Fuller and Gilbert, too, and would not be disappointed with either.

I have reservations about Dennard with regard to his speed and style of play that could bring on penalties.

Roby is too much of a risk to take in the 1st. Character issues and toasted too much last year to feel comfortable with him.
                          Look who called their shot ....

Comment

Working...
                          X