Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Got it, Panama.
    Mahomes though...
    Kids a player. I think our D will be better this year as will our ST over a full 16. I do not see their D being any better to be honest. We went 1-1 head to head last season. Not sure why everyone downplays our chances and pumps up our rivals. I like the incremental improvements, our coaching staff and our roster.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Got it, Panama.
      Mahomes though...
      Is Tyreek Hill playing for KC this season?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ~sdc
          PURA VIDA
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

UGA is in my neck of the woods. Hardman drove Dawg fans crazy. You're right, unbelievable athlete. Just not a very good football player.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

UGA is in my neck of the woods. Hardman drove Dawg fans crazy. You're right, unbelievable athlete. Just not a very good football player.
            Bad hands ?
            He would have to be respected, with his deep speed,
            in case Mecole accidently catches the ball.

Comment

• chargers1316
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              As far as our QB, RB and Receivers, I don't know how much better we could get. Name a 2nd string QB who is better than Tyrod. He may be a low-end starter, but he is at or just below the caliber of a starter. No one has any better QB situation than we do. Last year, Wentz and Foles, but that is the best situation for any NFL team has had for years. I would give us a solid A.

The RB will continue to improve with Jackson and Newsome getting experience. They proved they can be effective runners and receivers last year. They will improve in their pass protection, just like Ekeler really raised his game last season. He was horrible in pass protection and ball protection, but neither of those was a problem last year. A- for the lack of experienced depth

We have 3 starting caliber WR for the 3 WR spots, and a top-notch TE. We have little established depth, but we will almost certainly going to have to cut some promising prospects at the end of TC, so we are not bad. As good or better than most NFL teams. A-

OL is the biggest issue. It is a better than average group, but that speaks more to the state of OL play in the NFL. There is a severe shortage of good+ OL, and the demand is as high as ever. But these days, even if you draft OL high, it is going to take time to develop them. C+
              I agree 100%.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

A lot of pundits are placing KC at #1 in preseason power rankings.

Central to that is Patrick Mahomes,
                also projected to repeat as MVP.

These predictons are made with the knowledge that the high impact Hill will likely be not playing for KC in '19.

Their offense should still be formidable, and I would not discount the impact of defenders Frank Clark, Emmanuel Ogbah, Dorian O'Daniel, Darron Lee, Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill plus RB Carlos Hyde.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

A lot of pundits are placing KC at #1 in preseason power rankings.

Central to that is Patrick Mahomes,
                  also projected to repeat as MVP.

These predictons are made with the knowledge that the high impact Hill will likely be not playing for KC in '19.

Their offense should still be formidable, and I would not discount the impact of defenders Frank Clark, Emmanuel Ogbah, Dorian O'Daniel, Darron Lee, Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill plus RB Carlos Hyde.
                  KC was a Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone infraction away from going to the Super Bowl. Tyreek killed us in the opener. I dont think he's replaceable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

KC was a Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone infraction away from going to the Super Bowl. Tyreek killed us in the opener. I dont think he's replaceable.
                    I don't think Tyreek is replaceable either.

His world class speed, change of direction and short, thick build, make him both virtually unstoppable and somewhat durable.

But it is surprising to read this take from you, as you touted Mahomes early.

Don't you think Mahomes will get by without Hill ?

Reid will use the tools he has at his disposal.

Mahomes will be even better in '19.

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

KCs defense will be better. I mean, they can't be worse than last year. Their coverage with Thornhill and Honey Badger will improve the secondary. A little less pressure with Dee ford and Houston gone, but better secondary play will give the D-Line more time to get home.

I see the Defense as slightly improved, with the offense a little worse due to the loss of Hill and Hunt. You just can't fully replace those two.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
                        KCs defense will be better. I mean, they can't be worse than last year. Their coverage with Thornhill and Honey Badger will improve the secondary. A little less pressure with Dee ford and Houston gone, but better secondary play will give the D-Line more time to get home.

I see the Defense as slightly improved, with the offense a little worse due to the loss of Hill and Hunt. You just can't fully replace those two.
                        AFCW will be tough this year IMV.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

KC's offense won't come to a screeching halt without Hill, but it is not going to be the same without him. They will be a solid offense, but nothing like what they had this season. They were already going to be missing Hunt, but now they have to replace Hill's speed. Mecole Hardman is a very fast guy, but he is nowhere near the player Hill was. Kelce is still a nearly elite TE, but how much can he do if he is the focus of every D they face?

KC D will be a lot better. There is no doubt. But again, when you rank 31st, there is nowhere to go but up.

Their secondary is still very thin, and that is tough in a league that is really nickel or dime 75% of the snaps. I'm not sold on some of their starters either. CB are Breeland and Fuller and a bunch of guys who have been kicking around. And Breeland, who played moderately well last year has a history of being up and down, but mostly down. Fuller is good, but isn't a great fit as an outside CB, and has always done his best work in the slot. They need a true CB to move Fuller inside, or their nickel is going to get torched.

They lack depth on the DL. Outside might be OK if Attaochu, Speaks or Kpassagnon really steps up. Inside, they spent a high pick on Khalen Saunders, who is a nice developmental pick, but has a long way to go given his lack of technique and his time at Western Illinois.

The only position they are really deep at is LB, and that isn't a good matchup in today's NFL.

A lot of how the D will perform will probaly depend on how much Spags is willing to adjust his scheme. Historically, he loves to play the Jimmy Johnson (long time Eagles DC) blitzing 43 D, that plays a lot of man coverage behind blitzing front 7, with mixing up coverages behind the blitzes. Their secondary is not a good fit for that, so will Spag's adjust and play more zone, bend but don't break, which is the strength of the players he has, and compliments his offense, or will be stubborn and try and make his D work? His recent history says he will try and make his scheme work, even if the personnel doesn't fit the D (see his previous stops in St. Louis, 2nd NY Giants stop and Saints).

Comment

Working...
                          X