Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Why do I sense that TT's entire fate
    rests on Forrest Lamp ?
    Because people are putting too much emphasis on just one player being the fix to the OL problems.

We have 4 positions that need to play better. Okung can and probably should be a better player than he is, he is just getting a pass because he is far and away the best player on the OL. The rest all need to play better. Pouncey just a little bit better, everyone else needs to really raise their games.

The other reason people feel like this is the lack of success the Chargers have had in develop OL lately. Tevi and Feeney are the closest thing we have to homegrown success, and they are the two that need to be replaced most.

People just need to calm down and watch it play out. In the end, that is all you can do. We could have spent the quality draft picks on top OL picks, and everyone would be getting the warm and fuzzies now. But we would still need help at DT, and FS, and have no depth at LB, and then the draft picks we might have reached for might not pan out and then we would have nothing to show for it, and the team would crater. You have to keep the faith.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Because people are putting too much emphasis on just one player being the fix to the OL problems.

We have 4 positions that need to play better. Okung can and probably should be a better player than he is, he is just getting a pass because he is far and away the best player on the OL. The rest all need to play better. Pouncey just a little bit better, everyone else needs to really raise their games.

The other reason people feel like this is the lack of success the Chargers have had in develop OL lately. Tevi and Feeney are the closest thing we have to homegrown success, and they are the two that need to be replaced most.

People just need to calm down and watch it play out. In the end, that is all you can do. We could have spent the quality draft picks on top OL picks, and everyone would be getting the warm and fuzzies now. But we would still need help at DT, and FS, and have no depth at LB, and then the draft picks we might have reached for might not pan out and then we would have nothing to show for it, and the team would crater. You have to keep the faith.
      Best answer yet !
      Steve, forgive my crossthreading.
      But you just mentioned in theTraining Camp Thread
      certain specific flaws in Tevi/Feeney's game.
      In your professional opinion,
      how difficult is it to correct these flaws ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

IMHO, TT's true measure as our GM won't come until after Rivers leaves.

A: Will TT find us a new franchise QB
        and
        B: Do we win a SB with said QB

or do we have a string of mediocre QBs.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I think this ranking is about accurate. The team really hasn't won much of anything with him in charge, but the team has built built up, and is a contender.

He's had some missed, but some big hits as well.

If the Bolts go on a good run this coming season, you will obviously see him rise up this list.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            IMHO, TT's true measure as our GM won't come until after Rivers leaves.

A: Will TT find us a new franchise QB
            and
            B: Do we win a SB with said QB

or do we have a string of mediocre QBs.
            We will win the SB this year and next.....but i like the way u think

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

:Cheers1:

Close to my thoughts. PR gets 3 rings back to back to back then retires as the only 3 straight time SB Champion.:cheers:
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

To ensure I don't jinx you....."yeah right that would never ever happen. Rivers will never win a SB." -AK47 05/29/2019.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Baby Spanos:

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

an awful lot to like in here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2qhLmdpWBI
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      an awful lot to like in here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2qhLmdpWBI
                      "Good players can't overcome bad coaching, it's impossible"

*Bill Belichick in that interview.

And it shows with the coaches we have had. Coaching matters and I have said that often.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Best answer yet !
                        Steve, forgive my crossthreading.
                        But you just mentioned in theTraining Camp Thread
                        certain specific flaws in Tevi/Feeney's game.
                        In your professional opinion,
                        how difficult is it to correct these flaws ?

"Feeney has problems with his footwork/balance and he needs to do a better job of identifying stunting/twisting/looping/blitzing guys who don't line up directly over him.

Tevi has to do a better job in his kick, his hand punch and sitting back in his stance."

- he indicated that they are fixable, but uncertain whether it would happen.

Can you fix footwork/balance at this stage of your career? Feeney looks a bit top heavy.
                        Last edited by powderblueboy; 06-08-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

"Feeney has problems with his footwork/balance and he needs to do a better job of identifying stunting/twisting/looping/blitzing guys who don't line up directly over him.

Tevi has to do a better job in his kick, his hand punch and sitting back in his stance."

- he indicated that they are fixable, but uncertain whether it would happen.

Can you fix footwork/balance at this stage of your career? Feeney looks a bit top heavy.
                          It seems I am more bullish on Feeney's third year development than others.

He has been working on becoming more fundamentally sound with Duke Manyweather.

I suggest that these problems are correctable.

Something like say, playing too tall, is harder to correct.

It starts with unlearning bad habits.
                          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 06-09-2019, 02:54 PM.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X