2014 Training Camp Observations Thread

Post em here.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

OK, just to be clear Fleet. Is this Chargers training camps only? Is this just this years camps or should we apply metrics/outcomes based on past camps? Can we discuss the effects of this mini camp/OTA on future ones?

Not trying to be a dick, just looking for clarity. Don't want this one going sideways like the "draft grade" thread.

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I would probably run all camp info through a quadrated anglified sceptimiter theorem then divide it by pi triangled y/#2-+=56^ over X then multiply the rividexated quotient over the means scepyum linear polygranulated algorithm. Graph it then apply the suplicentricated overdialated quotient. Probably be the easiest way to approach this.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Why am I hearing Eddie Murphy's "Boogie In Your Butt"?

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I would probably run all camp info through a quadrated anglified sceptimiter theorem then divide it by pi triangled y/#2-+=56^ over X then multiply the rividexated quotient over the means scepyum linear polygranulated algorithm. Graph it then apply the suplicentricated overdialated quotient. Probably be the easiest way to approach this.
          But it has to be in Base e.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            But it has to be in Base e.
            Oh noes! I'm a web dev and can only manage hexadecimal.
            Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

You guys can do whatever you want with data and calculations. But I'm going to stick to 'would have' analysis. For example, 'If Grice had broken three more tackles in the morning session that would have translated into beep boop boop boop beep...2.31 more regular season wins. Loser.'

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Rookie Mini-Camp May 16-18.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Time to overdialate this quotients
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Rookie Mini-Camp May 16-18.
                    Thanks for that.

Does anyone have a schedule of all the OTA's and minicamps? Are any of them going to be open?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Law looks the part: At 6-foot-1 and 255 pounds, outside linebacker Cordarro Law made his presence felt. The Southern Mississippi product finished with 14 sacks in the CFL with the Calgary Stampeders in 2013, and signed a futures contract with San Diego in January. Now, the 25-year-old is fighting an uphill battle to make the final roster. Law batted down a pass and looked quick coming off the edge during team drills.

Watt at right guard: Third-round pick Chris Watt was touted for his versatility, with an ability to play all three interior offensive line positions. However, Watt was lined up at right guard at rookie minicamp -- the same position of Jeromey Clary, who is to make $4.55 million in total compensation in 2014. Watt lining up at right guard probably is not a coincidence.

Talent in the secondary: Although first-round draft choice Jason Verrett did not practice because he’s still rehabbing from shoulder surgery, a couple young defensive backs caught my eye during team drills. Arizona State product Alden Darby had a nice pass breakup over the middle, and so did Auburn cornerback Chris Davis. At 5-10 and 192 pounds, Darby looked fluid going through individual drills with the defensive backs. Davis, at 5-10 and 201 pounds, is stoutly built like a running back. Rutgers product Brandon Jones also made a nice break on the ball to pick off a pass during team drills. Jones was on the practice squad last season for San Diego.

Roll call: Verrett is wearing No. 22, and second-round draft choice Jerry Attaochu is No. 97. Watt is No. 65, defensive tackle Ryan Carrethers is No. 92, running back Marion Grice is No. 26 and receiver Tevin Reese is No. 84.

Excused absences: Offensive guard D.J. Johnson and Reese will not be at the rookie minicamp this week so they can attend graduation ceremonies. Along with Verrett, Grice did not practice because of a foot injury.
                      Interesting to read about Law. Hoping he forces his way on the roster.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Law reminds me a little of Michael Sam when he played in college.

Comment

Working...
                        X