Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    "Based upon not being a doctor, not knowing the actual diagnosis and knowing only that he missed the bulk of the season, had a slow recovery and considered retiring, I think he should join the forum."
    Sounds like a great idea.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Neck injury 100% or not, he will be on IR by mid season.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The well wishers are out in force i see...
        I see a guy who does not want to quit on HIS team if he has the same risks as the next guy. And why would we love any player like Flyod if he didnt feel this way. I admire him think he is a good guy a team guy and last I checked, we could need a guy just like that. If he wants to play I will not write him off by midseason. I know this isnt perfect, but what do we got after Allen and Brown at WR? What?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          I see a guy who does not want to quit on HIS team if he has the same risks as the next guy. And why would we love any player like Flyod if he didnt feel this way. I admire him think he is a good guy a team guy and last I checked, we could need a guy just like that. If he wants to play I will not write him off by midseason. I know this isnt perfect, but what do we got after Allen and Brown at WR? What?
          Should of drafted a WR sooner or drafted two of them. I wish no ill will on Floyd and i agree he is a good guy. That is a fact. It is also a fact that he has been injury prone his whole career. Just wouldnt be surprised if he is IR'd at some point next season. I just hope his neck is fine.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I'm good with Reese and Inman but I'd also be okay with Floyd coming back. Change of heart!
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Malcom Floyd (neck) has been fully cleared.
                Floyd ran with the first-team offense in Tuesday's OTAs session. "Cleared for everything," Floyd said. "There are no risks. I'm good to go. ... I'm not tentative. I'm very confident and just eager (to play)." Heading into his age-33 season, Floyd's future was in doubt after he went down last September, but he'll be in the driver's seat to start opposite Keenan Allen if he has a healthy and productive camp.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I guess that's why we went WR so late in the draft.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

It's easy to say he is not going to be tentative now, since nobody is hitting him. And with all the guys we have coming into compete, I wouldn't be surprised if he has slipped any, that he may not make the team. The Floyd of old would certainly not, but the Floyd of old wasn't coming off a neck injury.

However, due to his injury prone nature, we should probably consider having him split time. We have a fair # of WR, and we even had Brown and Royal splitting time late last year when we went to more 12 personnel (2 TE). We still mixed in some 11 personnel (3 WR) late, but even that alignment one or more of the WR was really Gates and Green.

The big thing he adds is the element that helps stretch the field. Reese has better speed, but Floyd has the long stride that just eats up ground as he gains speed. And given our goalline woes, the sideline fade on the goalline wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      I guess that's why we went WR so late in the draft.
                      Writing was kinda on the wall with the comments made prior to the draft. With his expected return, any rookie we drafted would likely have spent the season on the bench.

I'm just happy that Brown will be on the bench and that we should have two legit outside options that defenses have to respect.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Until i see him make it through a season im not exactly convinced we are set at the position. My expectations for a 7th round WR are tempered. They must still have high hopes for Brown. I just thought it was a great draft to get that #2 stud. Hopefully Reese turns out to be a Hilton type.

There were rumblings amongst team staffs that stated the draft is so deep you can get a starting WR very late. Wouldnt be surprised if Reese was given a 3rd or 4th round grade by TT. Im hoping other teams had him rated high as well but passed on him since they had already taken a WR.

And with the way this team is cursed with annual WR injuries i could easily see a highly drafted WR get plenty of playing time. Allen was thrusted into his role that way.

I expect Green to have a monster role this year.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Who said we were set at the position? Like has been mentioned before, he's a one year stop gap IMO. His contract isn't guaranteed next year. Brown will be a free agent. Bunch of other contracts come off the cap. Next year we bring in a long term WR either via FA or a high draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X