• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    @Oakland was never considered a game we should lose.
    Any road game is a potential loss. Starting so late also didn't do us favors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Showing up ready to play that game woulda helped.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        (1) Many people considered those to be games we should lose.

(2) Those were early in the season, so if your argument is that we have not been making progress in the right direction, citing those games is not very meaningful as they occurred too early to be indicative of either progress or lack of it.
        The last game we played, we choked.
        Denver was the favorite and outplayed us for most of the game, but some miracles started happening and we were suddenly one easy play from being back in the game. Then we fucked up.
        Love my team, but, for whatever reason, we have never come through in the end. Hopefully that changes this year, but I'm not expecting it.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I'm looking forward to seeing how our Notre Dame Chris Watt can back up the interior o-line. And if anyone hears anything on the West Texas A&M Watts kid please tell us. If those two young guys can step in and be respectable in a pinch then I'm feeling much better about the o-line...at least the interior. I like Ohrnberger too. Health is his issue. Troutman is hit and miss. Maybe Trout is just better on the left side.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            The last game we played, we choked.
            Denver was the favorite and outplayed us for most of the game, but some miracles started happening and we were suddenly one easy play from being back in the game. Then we fucked up.
            Love my team, but, for whatever reason, we have never come through in the end. Hopefully that changes this year, but I'm not expecting it.
            I guess it's a matter of perspective. We weren't expected to win and didn't have the lead, so I don't consider it a choke. Rather, we fell short of the improbably comeback.
            Adipose

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              I honestly don't see any way we could regress offensively. We either improve or remain a top 10 offense. Either way, the offensive side of the ball will allow us to win games.

The defensive side is where they need to make strides to get this team into Super Bowl contention.
              Disagree: we had three losses where the other team failed to score three TDs, which means we scored even less. Even the playoff loss to Denver, they only got 24 freakin' points on us. If our O was okay, those losses would've been wins and the Denver game might've turned out differently.

Still a lot of work to do, on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Disagree: we had three losses where the other team failed to score three TDs, which means we scored even less. Even the playoff loss to Denver, they only got 24 freakin' points on us. If our O was okay, those losses would've been wins and the Denver game might've turned out differently.

Still a lot of work to do, on both sides of the ball.
                I don't really count the Denver loss because we didn't have a RB or an experienced RG. It also took Wiz forever to open up the offense.

That said, we aren't going to be amazing on offense every week. It just doesn't happen. We statistically were one of the best offenses in the league. It wasn't a fluke IMO. We also didn't get ANY help from the defense. I expect some defensive scores this season and a few more possessions coming our way.

Again, I just don't see our offense regressing. We should have about the same level of play from Rivers (which wasn't out of this world). We should have improved line play by virtue of just being together a year and improved play by Fluker (which was outstanding to begin with considering he was a rookie). All of our WRs should have a better understanding of the offense and how to correctly adjust to defensive queues. Everything should just be slightly better. I really don't see how we would regress barring injury.

Better depth across the board as well.
                Last edited by Beerman; 06-12-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  I don't really count the Denver loss because we didn't have a RB or an experienced RG. It also took Wiz forever to open up the offense.

That said, we aren't going to be amazing on offense every week. It just doesn't happen. We statistically were one of the best offenses in the league. It wasn't a fluke IMO. We also didn't get ANY help from the defense. I expect some defensive scores this season and a few more possessions coming our way.

Again, I just don't see our offense regressing. We should have about the same level of play from Rivers (which wasn't out of this world). We should have improved line play by virtue of just being together a year and improved play by Fluker (which was outstanding to begin with considering he was a rookie). All of our WRs should have a better understanding of the offense and how to correctly adjust to defensive queues. Everything should just be slightly better. I really don't see how we would regress barring injury.

Better depth across the board as well.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Well I hope we're better on O, Beer, we might win some more games that way. (same goes for D too)

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I'm gonna keep this simple and not go through every game on our upcoming schedule. I give us +2 wins over last season- simply because I think our coaching staff lost us 2-3 games last year and I don't see that happening in their 2nd year and with Wiz gone. Like Beer, I don't see this offense regressing, and to counter Alex, I also don't see as many injuries as last year requiring all the in-season OLine shuffling. With any luck on TC being healthy, the defense should be considerably better than what we started last year with and hopefully improved over what we ended last year with on our streak. NFC West was tough last year- but that doesn't guarantee they are all as good this year or will play US that tough. I'm more than cautiously optimistic we have a REALLY good run this year.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

10-6 logo:

And Rivers is a hell of a lot better than just "not out of this world".
                        Last year he had the handcuffs off for the first time in years.
                        Let's get him some help and see what happens next.

I seem to be disagreeing with Beerman a bit as of late, but I do respect his opinion immensely. That said, I don't think we've yet seen what Rivers is capable of.

Time to test this limbs

While I'm up this tree let's see how far out the limbs hold up...
                        I don't think Peyton is a better QB despite the systems he's played in that were tailored to him.
                        I know Brady is not a better QB than Phillip. He's a smart QB, but he's not better.
                        Aaron Rogers I will give you, for now.
                        Again, we've yet to see Rivers with all the pieces at his disposal, and in a system that fits him to a T.
                        I think this limb will hold up fine...
                        Let's get him the pieces and extend him until he is close to 40.

Elite QB logo:
                        Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 06-12-2014, 09:51 PM.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

I'm not saying Rivers can't improve, I'm just saying he shouldn't regress. I think the completion % stays about the same, his TDs go up, but the yardage total goes down slightly. It's a product of having a more efficient running attack for the entire year.

Comment

Working...
                          X