POLL: What should the Bolts do with Gordon?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Rivers held out to get the money he wanted in his rookie deal. MGIII didn't have that option so he's holding out now. Same thing. Rivers wanted market value and so does MG iII
    Gordon agreed to accept the $5.6 million he is slated to make this year when he signed his contract. Rivers had not signed a contract, hence never agreed to anything. Big difference.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gordon agreed to accept the $5.6 million he is slated to make this year when he signed his contract. Rivers had not signed a contract, hence never agreed to anything. Big difference.
      How much of a choice did Gordon have with slotted contracts?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No one but you pities MGs position. That choir is singing in another church.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I've read/heard some of his comments. He's not an elite RB comparing himself to Ezekiel and how the Cowboy's run off of him, his tweet or IG regarding the comments from another player on PR's comments...I'm over mg. Let him sit out the season and see how big his bank acct is afterwards. NO the O does NOT run thru u gordon. but if you were tom come back to the team and play balls to the wall lights out then all will be forgiven...you can get your big fat contract next year with some other team/

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

He's holding out for a big payday, with a knee that may be deteriorating. Hmmmm, wonder if the two are connected?
            That would be suggesting the team doesn't know about his physical health. I can't believe that to be true.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That would be suggesting the team doesn't know about his physical health. I can't believe that to be true.
              Only MG knows how much pain he might be experiencing.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                I've read/heard some of his comments. He's not an elite RB comparing himself to Ezekiel and how the Cowboy's run off of him, his tweet or IG regarding the comments from another player on PR's comments...I'm over mg. Let him sit out the season and see how big his bank acct is afterwards. NO the O does NOT run thru u gordon. but if you were tom come back to the team and play balls to the wall lights out then all will be forgiven...you can get your big fat contract next year with some other team/
                This is maybe the saddest part of all this, his current actions all but guarantee TT will not resign him, at all. Guess that's why he drafted JJ, just astutely hedging his bet.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He sure didn't earn his 6+MM rookie year earnings. He has improved since then no doubt. But he has not way outproduced his pay of his rookie deal IMO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Now TPB.
                    Here, take one of Bill's chill pills.
                    It's only day four of MG III's holdout,
                    and it's gonna be a long hot summer.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

If i own the team im going to Rivers privately. Im cutting a deal with him where he forgoes 3-4M this year and he gives it to Gordon. Rivers comes out and says he is doing this just this one time to give him a chance to finally win a SB. This way other players wont think the team did it. So its not setting a precedent. Then im also agreeing to a new contract for Rivers where we give him 27M Per over 3 years. But announce it as 30M the first year 27M and 27M.

Melvin makes 8M this year and then Rivers gets paid back in the first year of his new contract.

Gordon plays this year. We win the SB. Rivers is extended. Gordon gets a huge contract with some other team and we get a 3rd round comp. Then draft another RB next year.

sesame street idk GIF

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Yet he signed a legally binding contract anyway. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to sign it. Didn't see him offering the team any money back in his first 3 seasons when he was hurt and averaged under 4 yards a carry. As others have pointed out, the guy is coming off a season where he missed a quarter of the regular season and was a complete non-factor in the playoffs. Somehow, he feels it entitles him to elite RB money. IMO, he hasn't earned it.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          No one but you pities MGs position. That choir is singing in another church.
                          I don't pity him. Not at all. TT is with me

Comment

Working...
                          X