• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

If he doesnt end up with the Cards the Pats will make him s star watch. lol. Mahomes may want the Chiefs to grab him. Good utility player for TT. But he has to be available. Cant play if you are always hurt. Kingsbury was so high on him when we took him. I sort of felt like he was brought here as a blocking WR. And a guy that can move around like an Hback. Line up in the slot and outside. I think Telesco considered him a high priority free agent and used a pick on him to make sure thy got him.

I think eventually he finds work. And will prove some of the doubters wrong.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Good on him if/when he does. No one might claim him.

But, more reps for Scott, Moore, et al. Not a bad thing as they are ready and making heads turn now.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
        I thought he was going to be our version of Cooper Kupp. This is disappointing news. Not even a chance to see him in preseason. I thought he looked a little out of shape in one of the golfing photos. Watch the Chiefs OR THE CHEATRIOTS pick him up and become another weapon for Mahomes.
        There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Arizona will claim Cantrell

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I'm guessing that Artavis Scott, Geremy Davis and Patton, and/or the other UDFA's have all proven to be equal to, or better, than Cantrell, even when Cantrell was healthy, AND that the Bolts got tired of the repeated injuries and expense...good luck, Dylan, except when u play against US!

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think he clears waivers and goes on IR.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                I'm expecting this too. Not really expecting anything from him in the future though as the guys is either incredibly unlucky with injuries or isn't built to take the pounding in the NFL as he can't even make it to the first preseason game 2 years in a row.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'm very disappointed, but its better if Bolts karma picks on the backups and leaves our starters alone.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Why the Slide?: Malachi Dupre

​​​​​​By Charlie Campbell, @draftcampbell

One of the more discussed wide receivers in the SEC over the past few seasons was LSU wide receiver Malachi Dupre. There was a lot of hype about his skill set of size and quickness despite a lack of big production in college. Part of that lack was due to the Tigers having terrible quarterback play the past few years, which held back the passing offense consistently. Still, Dupre was projected by many to have second-day potential for the 2017 NFL Draft, but he slid all the way to the seventh round.

According to sources, Dupre slid in large part because teams graded him lower than the media projection. He was getting third-day grades from many teams. Here's how one top scout broke down the evaluation of Dupre, "Dupre has been overhyped since he was in high school. His production was nothing to get excited about, but recruiting analysts saw his frame, leaping numbers from track, and projected in a major program, he'd blow up. It never happened though. He's got ability, but I'm not sold that he has the intangibles to become a success. To be clear, there are red flags in his makeup as a prospect, but not the guy as a person. He's going to need to have immediate success, but you're talking about a guy who isn't special athletically outside of his leaping ability. He doesn't contribute anything regarding special teams, so he has to walk into your building as your No. 2, and you'll have to overlook the lack of strength, toughness, and concern that he can't separate versus NFL corners. They struggled getting him match-ups outside. That position has a huge bust rate with players that have a similar make up."

​​​​​​In the seventh round, Dupre went off the board to the Green Bay Packers, and that was not a good landing spot for him. The Packers have a good offense, led by one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL, but they are loaded at wide receiver. Additionally, Green Bay drafted a wide receiver two rounds before Dupre in DeAngelo Yancey, and that indicates the organization obviously likes Yancey more. The Packers also have some roster locks in Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams, which leaves just two or three spots available for a crowded group that includes Dupre, Yancey, Geronimo Allison, Max McCaffrey, Jeff Janis, Trevor Davis, Montay Crockett and Michael Clark. Allison flashed late last year, so one would think that he would be a favorite for one of those spots. Dupre hasn't been a contributor on special teams, and that will have to change immediately for him to make the Packers' 53-man roster. A spot on the practice squad looks more likely for Dupre.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. We have receivers here that WANT it, I put those guys on the 53.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

At this point, teams are looking for bodies to run their TC practices. You don't want players on your final 53 being run to death and being worn out when the start of the season comes.

These two are fine. Not beginning of the off season fine, but OK for this time of year. There is a very, very, very anorexically thin chance that they will finally "get it" and step their games up. It won't happen, but it could.

So, they take reps in practice, have enough athletic ability to be useful players in drills to give our DB some work. Not great work, but players who can do that are not on the street ready to be signed to be in TC.

When cuts come, we scour the waiver wire and get someone better, if we even need to, based on how well the other WR are playing.

Sucks about Cantrell.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          I can't see a team claiming him and then waiting part of the regular season to get healthy. It is a waste of a roster spot.

If Cantrell has blackmail pictures of Kingberry, then maybe, but that is his only chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X