I love it! That was a cool movie too.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• X-man
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I love this signing and think it bodes well for the young guys like Varrett & Co. that they will get to shadow DBs in the caliber of Eric Weddle & Brandon Flowers. Varrett already has a chip on his shoulder for being constantly reminded of his size....and who better then a guy of very similar height who has proven you can still be an elite corner with some talent and good technique? Flowers may not have had his best year last year, but he's banking on john paganos dee as a nice fit for his skill set...and think it was a wise choice on his part because you know deep down that he wants to paid as one of the top CBs in the league. If he can stay healthy and play lights out like in the past...he will get that big contract again (and maybe with us).

As many times as shareece went down last year (1st yr as starter who was learning how to deal with injuries)...it really made sense for the chargers to add more depth across the board. Ghee is supposedly a solid player to...but he too has a lengthy injury history. With the addition of Flowers it not only adds depth...but solid depth. If the Lightning Bolts can stay healthy...I'm really looking forward to see what this team can do. Piss on the NFC west...we went into other team's hostile environments all last year (undefeated at home) and still whooped that ( ! ) ... So why would we change our mentality now?

Comment

• zoom
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Let the tryouts begin! Flowers, Wright and Gilchrist all in the last years of their deals. Pretty nice to be able to analyze whether either of them should get a long term deal.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          If you convolve the average yards per pass completed with the sum of the squares of the hypotenuse, taking into consideration the fourth Eigenvalue as n approaches infinity and then compare that with the percentage of plays the Chargers defense had to defend a field longer than 57.2 yards while factoring in the angle of deflection, composition of the turf, and average weight per carry of each NFL running back since 1940, you come up with 4.328. I think this reinforces the point made on this board previously.

Namely, it clearly demonstrates that Verrett and Flowers are both sub 6 footers.

"It's quite obvious, Chumly."

TG

Bonus points for anyone who knows where that last quote came from.
          Tennessee Tuxedo?
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
            I love this signing and think it bodes well for the young guys like Varrett & Co. that they will get to shadow DBs in the caliber of Eric Weddle & Brandon Flowers. Varrett already has a chip on his shoulder for being constantly reminded of his size....and who better then a guy of very similar height who has proven you can still be an elite corner with some talent and good technique? Flowers may not have had his best year last year, but he's banking on john paganos dee as a nice fit for his skill set...and think it was a wise choice on his part because you know deep down that he wants to paid as one of the top CBs in the league. If he can stay healthy and play lights out like in the past...he will get that big contract again (and maybe with us).

As many times as shareece went down last year (1st yr as starter who was learning how to deal with injuries)...it really made sense for the chargers to add more depth across the board. Ghee is supposedly a solid player to...but he too has a lengthy injury history. With the addition of Flowers it not only adds depth...but solid depth. If the Lightning Bolts can stay healthy...I'm really looking forward to see what this team can do. Piss on the NFC west...we went into other team's hostile environments all last year (undefeated at home) and still whooped that ( ! ) ... So why would we change our mentality now?
            concur with this. There's no way our secondary is not greatly improved by adding a 1st round draft pick CB, Pro bowl FA CB, returning the promising Williams healthy, adding Ghee, returning Marshall, Addae progress allowing "the underated" Gilchrist to stay at NB- and don't forget the promising UDFA Safety we picked up from Arizona. We could have better than average starters, as well as backups across the secondary even if the injuries happen.

And yeah, I don't give a shit about the schedule with MM in charge and a year smarter. Every year teams that are supposed to be great (remember Houston last year) fall apart and others step up to take the top rungs of the playoff ladder. I expect us to be very competitive each week and playoffs for sure.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• kets
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              If you convolve the average yards per pass completed with the sum of the squares of the hypotenuse, taking into consideration the fourth Eigenvalue as n approaches infinity and then compare that with the percentage of plays the Chargers defense had to defend a field longer than 57.2 yards while factoring in the angle of deflection, composition of the turf, and average weight per carry of each NFL running back since 1940, you come up with 4.328. I think this reinforces the point made on this board previously.

Namely, it clearly demonstrates that Verrett and Flowers are both sub 6 footers.

"It's quite obvious, Chumly."

TG

Bonus points for anyone who knows where that last quote came from.
              Pawnstars?

Comment

• Grinners
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Electro-cushioners

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  concur with this. There's no way our secondary is not greatly improved by adding a 1st round draft pick CB, Pro bowl FA CB, returning the promising Williams healthy, adding Ghee, returning Marshall, Addae progress allowing "the underated" Gilchrist to stay at NB- and don't forget the promising UDFA Safety we picked up from Arizona. We could have better than average starters, as well as backups across the secondary even if the injuries happen.

And yeah, I don't give a shit about the schedule with MM in charge and a year smarter. Every year teams that are supposed to be great (remember Houston last year) fall apart and others step up to take the top rungs of the playoff ladder. I expect us to be very competitive each week and playoffs for sure.
                  You never really know. At this point, it is still just a paper exercise. But the same can be said of every single team in the league.

As far as us, ideally we would have liked to have had an improvement at the other CB spot, so that when we brought in Flowers, we had fairly established (using the word loosely with Addae) with all of our key secondary guys. But we don't. I am pretty happy, and I think we have done what can be done at the other CB spot. We have 3 good prospects all fighting it out for 1 spot, and that usually pays off. Again, not a sure thing, but it looks pretty good at this point.

A lot will depend on how the pass rush does, and that is a mixed bag. Ingram and Attaochu both have the potential to be great pass rushing OLB, and I like the mix of skills they bring. But both are raw, and are going to need time to develop. We have some other prospects and older vets, so it will be up to them to add some pass rush while we try to give the younger guys the right mix of playing time and production.

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    So that's Yuba's real name? Weird.
                    Award winner for ironic post of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                      Award winner for ironic post of the day.

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Just listened to most of his segment on 1090 this morning. Sounds very eager and it sounds like he knows the right thing to say. He didn't throw his former team or coaches under the bus, but he did say he is eager to play them twice a year. He noted that once he was released, one of the first teams he was interested in was the Bolts. Sounded like Coach Pagano was a big reason for that. For the parts I listened to, they didn't get into his role (which I assume is out on the Island).

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

The signing of Flowers represents another great offseason move by Telesco.

Similar to the case with our OLB position, CB is looking much deeper this this year and now better on top with the addition of Flowers. I am wondering how many CBs we will keep, though. It looks like Flowers and Wright may end up as our starters. Verrett may end up as the first slot CB option. My guess is that Gilchrist is kept as reserve SS and will not count against our CB allotment. If so, that would leave S. Williams, Ghee, Marshall and C. Davis to battle it our for the remaining CB spots. I think C. Butler, G. Ducre, and B. Jones are probably extreme longshots at this point. If Darby shows well at SS, that could put even more pressure on the players trying to make the team at CB as the team might consider using Gilchrist as pat of the CB count and not SS count in that scenario.

Looking at it, we are light years ahead of last year and that is exciting.

Now my concern is more about teams trying to pound the rock against us as the pass rush and coverage looks like it will be much improved. It would be great to find an upgrade for the DL, but that may be difficult at this point.

Comment

Working...
                          X