Rivers noddle is like a whip!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Confidence is the all mighty term... Rivers looks confident. There is definatley a bit of a change in him...

Comment

• Hard Charger
        Chargers fan since 1977!
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Rivers noddle is like a whip!
        I wish my noddle was like a whip!

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I notice that Rivers' arm seems to look better and stronger when he is throwing from an upright position instead of flat on his back or running for his life, as was the case the last two years under Norv.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            I remember this from LAST year, because there was all the speculation about him being injured the year before.

People were saying Rivers had much more zip on the ball.

Now, he may be leaner...which is probably good...but I don't read too much into his arm being "live".
            I thought there was wide speculation that Rivers had LOST some zip on the ball last year. I remember his arm strength being brought into question at about this time last year and into preseason games.
            sigpic

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

I think that gets speculated a lot any time an NFL QB struggles. But since arm strength is not that big an issue, I think way too much is made of it. It's just something that is easy to see, easy to qualify. But how many strong armed guys just drill pass right through LB? One of Rivers great gifts is his ability to throw all the passes. He can gun it, or play with touch, and usually seems to know just the right amount to put on it.

Rivers had a lot of passes float and get away from him last year that were a product of his getting hit so much, and the bad mechanical things that it causes. You go back and watch, ever single pass like that (floaters) was due to a very visible mechanical problem. Add that to his starting to force passes and just put the ball up for grabs, it explains his int pretty well.

The problem with Rivers is not the physical things. Those are easy to fix. The problem is the forcing the ball. Mental problems are always tougher to really fix, because once you stop reacting and start thinking, anything can happen on the field.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Somebody invariably says this about Rivers' arm every year.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Actually, I think this is probably true of every QB on every team. It is a lot like pitchers early in baseball season. everyones arms are fresh, everyone has great heat. After the season goes for a while, everyone loses heat.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Jaws has been pretty outspoken on his belief that Rivers' arm has weakened. I think most of the speculation since, has just been parroted from that. Jaws seems to have held firm to his opinion as well.
                    I consider it just the one source, but I'm still not sure what to make of it, as I generally respect his opinions.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Jaws has been pretty outspoken on his belief that Rivers' arm has weakened. I think most of the speculation since, has just been parroted from that. Jaws seems to have held firm to his opinion as well.
                      I consider it just the one source, but I'm still not sure what to make of it, as I generally respect his opinions.
                      Jaworsky's opinions are boring. He takes about 10 minutes to explain something that could be better said in a couple words.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Jaworsky's opinions are boring. He takes about 10 minutes to explain something that could be better said in a couple words.
                        So you think he should have just said "Rivers sucks?"

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
                          I notice that Rivers' arm seems to look better and stronger when he is throwing from an upright position instead of flat on his back or running for his life, as was the case the last two years under Norv.
                          If you notice the same this year let me just be the first to say you aren't watching re-runs...

Comment

Working...
                          X