• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RaKurai50 View Post
    Greetings forum members! Allow me to apologize in advance for any future rude, boorish, dismissive, or otherwise arrogant behavior. A long-time lurker, I have nothing but respect for the collective football acumen of this most bad-ass board, made up of some of the most loyal, knowledgeable, fans in this league. I learn something new each and every visit and for that, I truly love you all.

Utter nonsense. The Jags appear primed to remain cellar dwellers in 2019. 2017, their lone good (decent) season, looks very much like an outlier at this stage. Now that they're starting a rookie QB, they're going to contend for a division title??? Just wait until Minshew faces-off against a legitimate NFL defense.

If there was even a minute threat that Watson could play a full 16 games, MAYBE. But the way he continually exposes himself, there's very little reason to expect he makes it through the season, let alone into the playoffs. Tunsil was a turnstile in week one and Watson was sacked six times. SIX TIMES. He also took 11 hits. 11! Now, I realize he hasn't had time to properly acclimate, but he was outplayed (arguably) by Trent Scott. TRENT SCOTT!

Last season, the Texan's strength of schedule was ranked 32nd. This year? 3rd.

Goooood luck with that. Sans Clowney, teams are now free to double-up on Watt, greatly hindering his impact. With a now depleted front 7, and an offensive line that remains leaky, not allowing Watson to establish consistent offensive production, the Texans are trending down hard.

Watson-Hopkins-Stills kept them in the game last week, but that (albeit impressive) trio's lifespan seems suspect.

Predictably, the NFL's legion of beer-soaked, ball-watchers has been seduced by the Texan's (admittedly sexy) skill positions group and I for one could not be more grateful. Likewise, the shear (on paper) potential of the Jaguar's all-star, defense is certain to lead many an aspiring handicapper down the primrose path (again) this season, which is also very sweet.

Fortunately, no one gives a damn what I think (nor, perhaps, should they) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Regardless, that division, barring catastrophic injury, seems far more likely to come down to Colts - Titans from my perspective. If I had to choose, I would take the Colts, if only because of the (superior) talent surrounding Brissett, and the fact that he looks like a better pure passer than Mariota. The Titans might not get waxed as bad this year by the Colts, as they did in 2018, but, at least as it stands, I certainly see no good reason to favor the Titans in either of their matchups this season.

This should put the Bolts opening day, overtime victory in a different light for some, especially given the key components missing (James, Okung, M. Davis, T. Williams, M. Gordon).

Boltnut
    I swear that this is not an alias. For one, he can articulate better than I ever could lol.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The only thing I'm 99.9% sure of is that there won't be a tie... :More Q Please:

I am expecting a close game...
      A close or ugly victory with no further injuries. Ideally I would take a blowout victory with no injuries but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Greetings forum members! Allow me to apologize in advance for any future rude, boorish, dismissive, or otherwise arrogant behavior. A long-time lurker, I have nothing but respect for the collective football acumen of this most bad-ass board, made up of some of the most loyal, knowledgeable, fans in this league. I learn something new each and every visit and for that, I truly love you all.

Utter nonsense. The Jags appear primed to remain cellar dwellers in 2019. 2017, their lone good (decent) season, looks very much like an outlier at this stage. Now that they're starting a rookie QB, they're going to contend for a division title??? Just wait until Minshew faces-off against a legitimate NFL defense.

If there was even a minute threat that Watson could play a full 16 games, MAYBE. But the way he continually exposes himself, there's very little reason to expect he makes it through the season, let alone into the playoffs. Tunsil was a turnstile in week one and Watson was sacked six times. SIX TIMES. He also took 11 hits. 11! Now, I realize he hasn't had time to properly acclimate, but he was outplayed (arguably) by Trent Scott. TRENT SCOTT!

Goooood luck with that. Sans Clowney, teams are now free to double-up on Watt, greatly hindering his impact. With a now depleted front 7, and an offensive line that remains leaky, not allowing Watson to establish consistent offensive production, the Texans are trending down hard.

Watson-Hopkins-Stills kept them in the game last week, but that (albeit impressive) trio's lifespan seems suspect.

Predictably, the NFL's legion of beer-soaked, ball-watchers has been seduced by the Texan's (admittedly sexy) skill positions group and I for one could not be more grateful. Likewise, the shear (on paper) potential of the Jaguar's all-star, defense is certain to lead many an aspiring handicapper down the primrose path (again) this season, which is also very sweet.

Fortunately, no one gives a damn what I think (nor, perhaps, should they) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Regardless, that division, barring catastrophic injury, seems far more likely to come down to Colts - Titans from my perspective. If I had to choose, I would take the Colts, if only because of the (superior) talent surrounding Brissett, and the fact that he looks like a better pure passer than Mariota. The Titans might not get waxed as bad this year by the Colts, as they did in 2018, but, at least as it stands, I certainly see no good reason to favor the Titans in either of their matchups this season.

This should put the Bolts opening day, overtime victory in a different light for some, especially given the key components missing (James, Okung, M. Davis, T. Williams, M. Gordon).

Thanks for contributing a great post.
        Daniel is that you ?
        You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

CBS broadcast map. Chargers-Lions is the yellow. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are the announcers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Solid,..rack hlm

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Patton called up from the PS. Yes! Been wanting to see what he can do in a real game. Hope he gets a few targets tomorrow.

The Chargers signed wide receiver Andre Patton to their 53-man roster on Saturday. To make room for Patton, Los Angeles released linebacker Chris Peace from the active roster. With WR Mike Williams…

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Lions fans say they will win because... just because. Lynn is a far better coach and to me that is worth a lot .

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The arguments I've seen from the Lion fans is mostly non-football... the Chargers are flying east and the Lion players are looking to make up for blowing their lead against AZ. I think a lot will ride on how Stafford plays. He's paid like a top 10 QB, but at times he's pretty average. Talent and coaching edge is with the Chargers.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I rate this matchup as even. The Chargers have too many injuries to key personnel. MW may not play. Our secondary is a shambles, our linebacking corps is shaky and our LT shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Memo to Tranquill.
                      AZ blocked a punt last Sunday vs DET.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• assman3000
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

CBS broadcast map. Chargers-Lions is the yellow. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are the announcers.
                        Oh good. No Fouts, equals a W

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post

Oh good. No Fouts, equals a W
                          Wasn't Fouts on the broadcast v Indy?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment