• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

kyzir was gaining on Mack on his break away td run. Mack is a 4.50 guy. Kyzer faster than his time.
    I think its a tad early for the forum to completely quit on White, personally. He's got skills.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think its a tad early for the forum to completely quit on White, personally. He's got skills.
      Too much is expected of him. Converted college safety, played 2 full games at will last year and now he's playing mike with zero experience.

the notre dame kid might be the better mike.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Too much is expected of him. Converted college safety, played 2 full games at will last year and now he's playing mike with zero experience.

the notre dame kid might be the better mike.
        Sounds good to me, White was great at the Will.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

White will be a very good player. Not sure he is suited for the middle. Seems an ideal Will. But that is where Thomas Davis plays.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• JDA21
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm kind of surprised that the Chargers aren't favored by more. The Lions do have a good dline and have invested a lot there the past couple of years in free agency and the draft. My guess is that this will be a stiff test for our oline. Call me a square but I'll throw a bet down on the Chargers as well.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JDA21 View Post
              I'm kind of surprised that the Chargers aren't favored by more. The Lions do have a good dline and have invested a lot there the past couple of years in free agency and the draft. My guess is that this will be a stiff test for our oline. Call me a square but I'll throw a bet down on the Chargers as well.
              I thought LAC should be a bigger fav too. Det was a lousy offense last year. I guess our OL v their DL is considered an equalizer. It'll be tough but I'm a coach Lynn fan. I expect him to find an advantage.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

If we are favored by 2 its actually a +5 considering the home team gets +3 by default. +5 in a neutral site like our stadium seems about right to me.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

We went to OT against a team playing with brisket who is really a good backup quality QB similar to T. Taylor.....

biggest issue is this team has shown once again that not playing starters in pre season means we start the =season having no clue how to tackle....... that was also true in most ofd the other games....

Colts have a great OL but our talking still sucks like it did last year...... most of our LBers are far too small to stuff the run.....Kiser is a S playing LBer......so is brown..... last year, James who is a huge safety was visually our biggest and strongest defender not playing on the DL...... he also hit harder and tackled better than our LBers who are too small...... Davis was good at stuffing run when he was in there, but he is not SEAU.....or Lewis, he cannot do it all.....

when all the teams made their cuts, most teams picked of any players that could help.... still cannot believe there were no OL worth grabbing...... also can't tell me that chargers would not have been better off trading with MIA for Tunsil....... 2 very late number 1's is a small price to play foe a stud young LT......

I doubt Okung will ever play again.... his life is too important to risk his health.....

Gordon should have been traded...... not for a number 1, that would never happen, but for a solid OL....... that was possible..... and would have helped the team.....

I think the backs we have now use their blocking b better than gordon....... and our run blocking is improved.....

Remember the chargers team that went too SB?..... no one could run on that team....... even the donkeys who had a 2000 yard rusher would throw on short yardage plays because with Seau and company they would not allow anyone to run...... THAT is what kept us in all those games so we could come back and win in second halves......

But if you cannot stop the run it opens up both the run and the pass and wears out your defense sop they end up not being able to stop anything......

If the colts had won the toss in OT, they would have won the game...... we could not stop them at all........ imagine what the chiefs or NE will do too us...... I'm not sure we can stop the raiders?

We should dominate DET because stafford is a poclket QB who makes bad decisions and is inconsistent with accuracy..... we should be able to pressure him....... but can we stop DET from running???

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    White will be a very good player. Not sure he is suited for the middle. Seems an ideal Will. But that is where Thomas Davis plays.

TG
                    I would like to see Davis phased out...White, Perryman, and Nwosu...with Tranquil developing depth, and Davis experienced depth. If Perryman continues to get nicked up, that's what Tranquil is for.

I like Davis, but he is showing his age thus far...need to get Tranquil worked in a bit if Perryman can't go...but I guess he might be nicked up also? Geez...it will sort out eventually...I hope!
                    Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                    (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                    23. A. Mitchell WR
                    37. K. Jenkins DT
                    69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                    110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                    181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                    253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Fellow Bolt Fans

We are one game into a new season. That one game resulted in a WIN. Did we play our best ball? No. It is only game 1. This is the type of game we lost too many seasons in the past.

Positives....

- OLINE had a great overall game and dominated OT.
                      - RBs looked outstanding
                      ​​​​​​- HH will be a weapon
                      - Kyzir 9 tackles (8solo) & TDavis 14 tackles (7solo)
                      - 1st half D
                      - OT Domination
                      ​​​​​​- overcoming in game obstacles

Negatives...

- 2nd half D
                      - run lane fills
                      - lack of consistency in QB pressure
                      - no TOs produced by D
                      ​​​​​​- horrible single series by TScott
                      - redzone TO
                      - ST lost TO
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                        glutton for punishment
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sounds good to me, White was great at the Will.
                        It is ridiculous that they are playing White at MLB after the promise he showed at the WILL last season. Davis is old and slow. I agree with LoneBolt... Nwosu, Perryman and White... with Tranquill developing and Davis as depth.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

They beat the Pats last year by 16 at home. And not only is their DL solid, they have 2 really good WR's, a promising TE and a solid running game. This will be no cake walk.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍