Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    LOL, yes, well aware thank you. Again, ive got nothing against Tutu. I just dont think he is as valuable as you and SDfan think he is. Osgood did more his first two seasons here than Tutu has as a WR and is a much better STs player. Just saying if certain scenarios play out, he could be the odd man out. I dont see why that is so upsetting. He is a bottom tier WR. Those types get replaced all the time
    Please check out Osgood and Ajirotutu's game logs. They are available online. Then you will see how preposterously wrong it is to say Osgood did more in his first two seasons than Tutu did as a WR. I will grant you that Osgood is a better ST player, but he was not nearly as productive at WR. Only in his second season did he put up any numbers at all, and they weren't too different to the numbers Tutu put up in his first season here, except not as good.

--

Tutu could be the odd man out. We agree.

But Tutu is an established vet who has demonstrated that if the team is forced to play him, he will perform adequately and won't make mistakes, and that is something coaches value highly. If you replace him with a rookie that has potential and has played gunner at the college level, you are opening yourself up to the growing pains which comes with those players. Coaches are averse to that in a non-rebuilding season. In order for such a player to replace an established vet in prime form, that player would have to outplay the vet significantly in camp.

So, Tutu could be the odd man out, but it's not bloody likely.
    Adipose

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      Please check out Osgood and Ajirotutu's game logs. They are available online. Then you will see how preposterously wrong it is to say Osgood did more in his first two seasons than Tutu did as a WR. I will grant you that Osgood is a better ST player, but he was not nearly as productive at WR. Only in his second season did he put up any numbers at all, and they weren't too different to the numbers Tutu put up in his first season here, except not as good.

--

Tutu could be the odd man out. We agree.

But Tutu is an established vet who has demonstrated that if the team is forced to play him, he will perform adequately and won't make mistakes, and that is something coaches value highly. If you replace him with a rookie that has potential and has played gunner at the college level, you are opening yourself up to the growing pains which comes with those players. Coaches are averse to that in a non-rebuilding season. In order for such a player to replace an established vet in prime form, that player would have to outplay the vet significantly in camp.

Never said it was a highly likely scenario. Reese is raw and has a ways to go but has big play potentual. Really it is how the coaches see his value . Inmann i know nothing about. Its all how it plays out in TC. Either way i dont care who stays and who goes. We are talking about 5th & 6th WRs here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Inmann i know nothing about.
        Went to school at Virginia, was a UDFA for the Jaguars in 2011, went to the Toronto Argonauts in 2012.

can also solve a Rubik's cube pretty damn quickly.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Like how he goes up high, also plays the traffic well in the middle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            Went to school at Virginia, was a UDFA for the Jaguars in 2011, went to the Toronto Argonauts in 2012.

Well that i knew. I meant ive never seen him play so ive no idea how well he has done....til this video.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

Was that meant to be fast?

Ok, ok, while I've had some faster times, on average I'm about where he's at. But, he looks at the Cube the whole time! What's up with that? I find that what really gets people's attention (and occasionally girls' digits, etc.) is doing it without looking. Really, you only need a half dozen or so really quick glances once you've got your base.

Rubik's Cube logo:
              Adipose

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post

With the competition at WR this year, I put it at 50/50.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Never said it was a highly likely scenario. Reese is raw and has a ways to go but has big play potentual. Really it is how the coaches see his value . Inmann i know nothing about. Its all how it plays out in TC. Either way i dont care who stays and who goes. We are talking about 5th & 6th WRs here.
                  if you don't think its a highly likely scenario- why are you so vigorously defending the convoluted scenario you laid out for it to happen?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Its been argued on this board before (ad nauseam, see the Yuba doctoral thesis on the 2012 vs 2013 defense) that a rookie with a big upside is more valuable than a mediocre vet that has flat lined. Just sayin...
                    except that Yuba was talking about keeping Vet STARTERS in Franklin, Jammer, Phillips who were past their prime- not a 5th on the depth chart guy IN his prime who does double duty as a valuable Special Teamer. Wpuldn't say either of Inmann or Reese has "big" upside either. just sayin

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      With the competition at WR this year, I put it at 50/50.
                      5/95 Tutu gets directly REPLACED by either Reese or Inmann

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I think a lot of people may be underestimating how difficult being a gunner can be. But if you prefer to have Stuckey double teamed by the 2 best guys on the other team, while their punt returner and kick returners build up a head of steam so they can make that first move, then we should just focus on WR as being the primary deciding factor.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Hmm, how much body of work did Keenan Allen have last year as a rookie? None!
                          invalid comparison. Allen was a 1st round rated talent who slipped to the 3rd because of concern about his knee and poor 40 time. Inmann was UDFA cut in NFL camp who went to CFL, Grice a 6th rounder, Reese a 7th rounder. THOSE guys you are so high on have NO body of NFL work to sway coaches to keep them over a solid roleplayer who DOES.

Comment

Working...
                          X