First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I think this is all just fanboy dreaming. What the hell could we possibly give up to the Jags for Ramsey and once we have him how could we afford to pay him? This is isn't fantasy football, this is business with re-allocation of assets and expenses and the Chargers don't have much to give in either of those areas.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Protect17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

If w get out bid by the Chiefs or freaking Patriots for a Player begging to play for us I'm done .I am finally done .

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        I think this is all just fanboy dreaming. What the hell could we possibly give up to the Jags for Ramsey and once we have him how could we afford to pay him? This is isn't fantasy football, this is business with re-allocation of assets and expenses and the Chargers don't have much to give in either of those areas.
        Ramsey is under rookie contract for 2 more years.

And Jags are looking for a 1st round pick, knowing Telesco's draft history, do you honestly believe that Telesco will draft someone better with the pick than Jalen Ramsey?
        Last edited by UglyTruth; 09-16-2019, 04:32 PM.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Protect17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

If you don't think Jalen Ramsey is not worth a first round pick after the history of our recent first rounders your a delusional fan boy .

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
            We could give them a 1st and melvin gordon. If youre worried about the cap. We eventually wont resign hayward so his check ia gone,mebane will be gone, plwnty of waya to cut the cap

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Ramsey is under rookie contract for 3 more years.

And Jags are looking for a 1st round pick, knowing Telesco's draft history, do you honestly believe that Telesco will draft someone better with the pick than Jalen Ramsey?
              You sure hes got 3 years left on his rookie? Him and bosa were the same draft. I feel like its 2 years plus the franchise tag to make it 3

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                If you don't think Jalen Ramsey is not worth a first round pick after the history of our recent first rounders your a delusional fan boy .
                Can we actually email the organization?? Cuz ill do it in a heart beat. Eapecially if all ghe charger fans were doing it. 13 emails might get their attention

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

You sure hes got 3 years left on his rookie? Him and bosa were the same draft. I feel like its 2 years plus the franchise tag to make it 3
                  You're right, it's 2 years.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Ramsey is under rookie contract for 3 more years.

Current Contract

Jalen Ramsey signed a 4 year, $23,351,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $15,182,546 signing bonus, $22,901,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,837,750. In 2019, Ramsey will earn a base salary of $3,634,227, while carrying a cap hit of $7,429,865 and a dead cap value of $7,429,865.
                    CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $23,351,000 SIGNING BONUS$15,182,546 AVERAGE SALARY$5,837,750 GTD AT SIGN:$22,901,000 TOTAL GTD:$22,901,000 FREE AGENT:2021 / UFA
                    2016 21 $450,000 $3,795,636 $4,245,636 $22,901,000 $15,632,546($15,632,546)
                    2017 22 $1,511,409 $3,795,636 $5,307,045 $19,105,364 $1,511,409($17,143,955)
                    2018 23 $2,572,818 $3,795,636 $6,368,454 $13,798,319 $2,572,818($19,716,773)
                    2019 24 $3,634,227 $3,795,638 $7,429,865 $7,429,865 $3,634,227($23,351,000)
                    2020 25 $13,703,000 - $13,703,000 - $13,703,000($37,054,000)
                    2021 26 UFA
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                      What? Ya..sure. Welcome to the board bro...
                      Anyway, you do realize the Jags have to accept our lower half first round pick offer (if in fact we would actually make that offer)? You don't think the Jags are gonna take the highest and best? Plus...IF he is still on a his rookie deal, no way either party (JR or TT) wants to make that trade without an agreed upon extension.

BTW...this is all from the player and not the Jags themselves which as far as I can tell are not ready to trade a franchise player because of a tweet.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

He wants an extension, folks...though you may get his rookie contract numbers for the next 2 years, there is gonna be a hefty signing bonus, and a ton of guaranteed money involved...
                        Still...make the deal. It would be worth it.

Bradley must be going nuts for this...

Of course, I don't understand cap finances very well, or what we would have to do to work this in...it may not even be possible...but if it is, I really like idea as a fan.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

By the way...I would give a first and a third...all pro CB is worth every bit of that.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X