• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protect17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    So Fournette avg 3.7 receptions per game.
    Compared to Gordon. Avg 3.3 receptions per game.
    And Gordon has had the better QB the whole time.

And career Gordon avg of 1 fumble every 5.5 games and Fournette 1 fumble every 7.6 games.

Fournette is a more talented and explosive player.

Both have had some injury concerns.

Gordon is 26. Fournette is 24.

Fournette is an upgrade.
    But, let's go get Ramsey.

TT do it!!!!!!
    Well said and something tells me both these men would love this team .

Comment

• Protect17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This is another valuable point
      if James feels similar to Ramsey, they will likely both end up playing for one team, why not us?
      nightmare scenario to see them both wear silver/black
      Sometimes you absolutely have to throw it all against the wall .I just think with Ben and Drew out we need to strike this year lets go for it Now !!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

reports are that an AFC team has offered a first in 2020 and a player for Ramsey

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

Sometimes you absolutely have to throw it all against the wall .I just think with Ben and Drew out we need to strike this year lets go for it Now !!
          Yes sir!
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Protect17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            reports are that an AFC team has offered a first in 2020 and a player for Ramsey
            Now to me that's us ....that has to be us and to me ? We can expand that kindof offer to a 3rd to close it tonight .We must close this deal tonight .Expand it one more yard Tele and we have an All time great secondary the likes that could catapult this team only seen Marty's last year .LA Chargers take this moment and take the LA market back .

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Ramsey's rookie contract is set to expire at the end of the 2020 season, and he has already made it known he has been eyeing other franchises should he hit the market. In August, Ramsey expressed that he would have interest in playing for the Titans or Raiders, saying the lack of state income tax and the chance to make moves beyond the game would be the biggest perks of playing for the soon-to-be Las Vegas-based franchise.
              Doesn't care about winning, just his paycheck. NO Thanks

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

He said he wants to play with Derwin James as well.
                Til he saw the tax brackets

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

If we trade for Ramsey, how will we be able to trade for Trent Williams?

Comment

• Protect17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes sir!
                    Critty I don't think people understand how this changes everything for this team .Passing league we have Maholmes and Brady to get past what better way than shut the Flights down ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that may be a good trade....... maybe James can help keep ramsey under control?

the big question is can we sign ramsey, bosa and Rivers?

all 3 will deserve top money for their positions......

since Chargers have made no effort to trade for OL help, or the Miami S/CB who Pitt just traded for, or reading for any real LBer's to shore up our horrible LBer group, i doubt we will trade for him.....

anyone listen to Lynn's post game press conference? Lynn was asked about our bad run defense and he said he though we did a good job stopping the run and only gave upon 3.8 yards per carry???..... does he not realize when its, 3rd and 1 or 2 yards that giving up 3.8 yards gives them a first down??? not sure where that 3.8 comes from cause all i remember is they backs breaking tackles and gaining extra yards on many play that was not run at Bosa who stuffed them..... only 2 stupid decisions by Stafford kept the game close.....
                      Chargers coaches seem to be happy with this team playing bad teams very close ......

Chargers will get routed by NE or KC, or any team that can score points...... if we go into game with
                      Texans playing like we did first 2 games we will get blown out...... and Whiz had better start using all of our offensive players instead of only using Allen and Ekler.........
                      He is right, the run defense was much better than against Indy. Under 4 YPC is pretty decent. I'll take that every week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Miami's top RB is Kenyan Drake, who has 10 carries for 31 yards and 7 receptions for 44 yards. The Dolphins have been blown out 43-0 and 59-10. Their RBs have yet to score after two games.

Can you think of a team that could use MG III more?
                        Ain't nothing wrong with Drake. Their offense and OL suck.
                        They are trading players away, not aquiring players that want 13 mil a year lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                          I am surprised by the negative discussion so far in this thread about Ramsey.

Please consider the following groups of players:

A. Shaq Thompson, Breshad Perriman, Byron Jones, Laken Tomlinson, Phillip Dorsett, Damarious Randall, Stephone Anthony, and Malcolm Browm.
                          B. William Jackson, Artie Burns, Paxton Lynch, Kenny Clark, Joshua Garnett, Robert Nkemdiche, Vernon Butler, and Germain Ifedi
                          C. Jabril Peppers, Takkarist McKinley, Tre'Davious White, Taco Charlton, David Njoku, T.J. Watt, Reuben Foster, and Ryan Ramczyk.
                          D. Haven Hurst, Calvin Ridley, Rashaad Penny, Terrell Edmunds, Taven Bryan, Mike Hughes, Sony Michel, and Lamar Jackson.

These players represent the final 8 picks made in the first round of each NFL draft from 2015-2018, which is where our proposed two first round draft picks would likely fall as far as a Jalen Ramsey trade is concerned. Of the 32 players selected in the 4 years in question, exactly two have been named as Pro Bowlers. None are as accomplished as Ramsey. Even seeing how the 32 players have turned out (a hindsight benefit we would not have if the picks are kept) and being able to select from the entire group of players (which we would not be able to do unless we finished with the 25th pick each season), there are not any two players in the entire group of 4 drafts taken together that I would keep over Ramsey.

Ramsey' familiarity with Bradley's system is a huge plus, not a minus, as is his familiarity with James and friendship with Hayward.

Who cares if Ramsey promotes himself through off of the field statements and conduct? He is a great player at a position of need who has never missed a game in three plus seasons. He is at least as valuable as Bosa and given his lack of injury history, I would argue that he is more valuable than Bosa. Would you give up two late first round draft picks to get Joey Bosa? To get Derwin James? I would in a heartbeat and Ramsey is on that level.

Imagine a late season defense that features Bosa, Tillery, Jones and Ingram up front; White (taking over for Davis), Perryman and Nwosu at LB; and Hayward, Ramsey, James and Adderley in the secondary (with King as the nickel CB). That defense would be very tough. The secondary in particular would be amazing. It would have a chance to be the kind of defense that could win a Super Bowl even with an average offense and ours is better than that.

Give the Jags the two first round picks. It's worth it.
                          He is familiar with it.....and he does NOT like it. It's been mentioned in here a few times, is a fact. He isn't a fan of Bradley's Defense.

I'd call that a minus.

Comment

Working...
                          X