POLL: Changes The Bolts REALLY Need To Make After 2 Ugly Losses?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I'm actually not against the AI ref thing. At least the game would be called fairly for both sides. Can't complain about that.

i still think the league is going to get to a point where they are so afraid of injury liability that they will move to a pressure sensitive suit that will be able to tell if a player gets touched hard enough to be down, essentially high tech two hand touch.
    Lol, that'll be the end of football for me. I won't watch that shit

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I hate blaming things on the refs but it's just happening too consistently on critical game changing plays this season. We have to beat the opponent, the refs and our own boneheadedness
      Take just the boneheadedness out of the equation and we are 3-0 right. At lease we have control over that. But guess what, we just aren't a well run/coached team.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
        Release the hounds and play in the backfield...............
        They'll just over pursue LOL

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
          Rayshawn Jenkins was of the very few original starters in the secondary. But his performance yesterday suggested that he may not be suited to man the single-high role. Jenkins was on the wrong end of a lot of plays and was late to diagnose, which led to big gains for the Texans.

[jwplayer Md8I3xz1-ThvAeFxT] The Chargers entered Sunday’s game against the Texans without nine key players. Los Angeles did a decent job disguising them the first two games by filling in the…

Guess I am wrong about FS...................
          Too bad cause according to Lynn, Jenkins is playing at an elite level.

Lynn's probably going to be disappointed when Jenkins doesn't get voted in to the Pro Bowl or named to one of the All Pro teams.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lynn just wants to keep RJ confidence high when he switches him to SS.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Eric Williams@eric_d_williams
              Lynn said Rayshawn Jenkins is playing at an elite level at free safety right now, making it hard for Nasir Adderley to get on the field. However, Lynn said Adderley could work his way onto the field as a sixth defensive back in obvious passing situations.

And Schofield is playing like a Hall-of-Famer, making it impossible for Lamp to see any playing time.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Coach Lynn not using his talented players

Not accessing player talent properly when kicking game was failing, under performing we replaced the kicker, and punter last year, but this year I don't know what Lynn is doing with players now, but he has some very questionable moves. If Lynn doesn't make changes week 4 to get players in that need to be in against Miami I am going to be really pissed, it is a good game to make changes against a very weak opponent and get the players that need to be in game experience and confidence going forward with what should be a easy stretch, Broncos, Steelers

1. Feeney and Schofield stink and you will not put Lamp in to replace one of them
                2. Tevi and Scott both a liability one of them needs replaced Pipkins can't do any worse
                3. Safety play you start Teamer who has no game experience over Watkins or better yet just put in a very talent player who has range in Adderly at FS and move Jenkins to SS
                4. 3rd reciever Benjamin is not it, and Inman may need to be the 4th reciever time to get Patton in
                5. Tranquill just needs to be in the game period he needs to be rotated in the defense
                6. Someone other than Fayscon needs a shot at CB they can't be much worser

Exhibit 2. wasting challenge if it isn't blatant it isn't worth throwing the flag.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  Coach Lynn not using his talented players

Not accessing player talent properly when kicking game was failing, under performing we replaced the kicker, and punter last year, but this year I don't know what Lynn is doing with players now, but he has some very questionable moves. If Lynn doesn't make changes week 4 to get players in that need to be in against Miami I am going to be really pissed, it is a good game to make changes against a very weak opponent and get the players that need to be in game experience and confidence going forward with what should be a easy stretch, Broncos, Steelers

1. Feeney and Schofield stink and you will not put Lamp in to replace one of them
                  2. Tevi and Scott both a liability one of them needs replaced Pipkins can't do any worse
                  3. Safety play you start Teamer who has no game experience over Watkins or better yet just put in a very talent player who has range in Adderly at FS and move Jenkins to SS
                  4. 3rd reciever Benjamin is not it, and Inman may need to be the 4th reciever time to get Patton in
                  5. Tranquill just needs to be in the game period he needs to be rotated in the defense
                  6. Someone other than Fayscon needs a shot at CB they can't be much worser

Exhibit 2. wasting challenge if it isn't blatant it isn't worth throwing the flag.
                  I would like to at least see Pip in for Tevi or Scott at times, depending on who is getting beat worse. In this game, it was Tevi, who looked gassed to me. Agree on Teamer--his first game, and thrown to the wolves, got picked on repeatedly. Why not rotate Adderley with him at least? Agree on Benji--yank him and put Patton in...at least rotate him...yep, Tranquill needs more reps...get him in the rotation, Coach...

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I hope the changes we see against one of the "weaker teams" in the NFL Miami are;

1. Run the ball with Justin Jackson. Start AE but run the fricking ball............and then run the fricking ball again
                    2. Nasir Adderley play some FS and Rayshawn Jenkins play SS
                    3. Put Jaylen Watkins at Corner to replace Facyson
                    4. Sprinkle in some Drue Tranquille at LB
                    5. Rush the interior linemen and stop worrying about encircling the QB on every play Pressure up the middle Pressure up the middle

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike Williams has 8 catches for 157 yards and 0 TDs in 3 games. Keenan Allen had 13 catches for 183 yards and 2 TDs just in today's game. MW seems to be content to be a distant No. 2 to KA, which is not what you expect from a Top 10 pick.
                      He missed virtually all of game 2.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Too bad cause according to Lynn, Jenkins is playing at an elite level.

Lynn's probably going to be disappointed when Jenkins doesn't get voted in to the Pro Bowl or named to one of the All Pro teams.
                        Rayshawn has played very well. I would like to see his run fill angles continue to improve. His reaction speed, key reads, and route reco have been more than solid. He has an INT and other that was taken away for the BS offsetting penalties shit. Rayshawn has been a bit over cautious in his depth and that will improve with reps. His speed and athleticism are great back there.

Nas should eventually beat him out. It has not happened yet.
                        PBs are popularity contest, not the best players.
                        APs are the elite of elite. The navy seals of professional football players. Very few are recognized with this honor.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I'm actually not against the AI ref thing. At least the game would be called fairly for both sides. Can't complain about that.

i still think the league is going to get to a point where they are so afraid of injury liability that they will move to a pressure sensitive suit that will be able to tell if a player gets touched hard enough to be down, essentially high tech two hand touch.
                          Wow...imagine the ref's explanation after the penalty: "Sensitivity gauge on suit registered a 6 on a scale of ten, one-tenth past the threshold level for an excessive hit...15-yard penalty...first down!"

Comment

Working...
                          X