Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    More designed runs & play action would help.
    I respect the hell out of Keenan but do not think he should have to carry the offense every week.
    That is a recipe for disaster. I don't care if you are Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins...you have only one receiver who the QB is willing to throw to (including tight ends) and you make the opposing defense's job quite simple.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Mike Williams has a back issue again? Is it the same malady that wrecked his rookie season?

Which WRs are we going to have active tomorrow? Keenan and ???. Dontrelle Inman, who just re-joined the team, and Geremy Davis? Davis caught two passes from Eli Manning as a rookie. In 3.25 seasons as a member of the Chargers organization, he has never caught a pass in a game. I guess I am surprised they didn't elevate Patton again. They must have very little faith in him, though I wonder why they keep him (and Scott) on the PS if they don't see future potential. They've never given Patton a chance to prove what he can or cannot do in real games. He has looked very good in practice and in preseason action. I wonder if a lot of that has to do with Rivers, simply not trusting inexperienced WRs? I don't know.
      Think MW has been having spasms so no, not the same.

Inman knows the offense.
      Geremy Davis imo should be cut.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That is a recipe for disaster. I don't care if you are Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins...you have only one receiver who the QB is willing to throw to (including tight ends) and you make the opposing defense's job quite simple.
        That and you run at an 18 - 45 play deficit for the game. That makes the job much easier before you even start keying in on one receiver

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Yep...time to rev up the ground attack, some short passes that the wind shouldn't affect, and PLEASE, Phil, DON'T audible into any long passes...last thing we need is a wind-blown bomb going for a pick...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Dolphins have a long injury list too but they are actively tanking

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Seems like a bunch of money has gone with the Dolphins of late. Don't know who they are, but they think the spread is too large. The spread is now 14.5. I think the win should be by a comfortable margin though.

The good thing is that they have more beatable teams on their schedule, particularly Washington after their next week bye. However, we know how it seems that Miami is a tough place for the Chargers to win.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

OL has been better at the run game and we're down all our starters except KA at WR so they should be planning to run and run again tomorrow.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Activating MG3, check.
                      Promoting Patton, check. We're thin at wideout, and Patton sure deserves a promotion after his solid preseason...
                      Releasing Johnson, check. He whiffed on special teams...a very weak dumpster dive signing...
                      Waiving Peace...uh, don't agree with this one, but I guess they had to free up a spot...hope he gets back to PS...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Activating MG3, check.
                        Promoting Patton, check. We're thin at wideout, and Patton sure deserves a promotion after his solid preseason...
                        Releasing Johnson, check. He whiffed on special teams...a very weak dumpster dive signing...
                        Waiving Peace...uh, don't agree with this one, but I guess they had to free up a spot...hope he gets back to PS...
                        Should of cut Teamer to make room.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Should of cut Teamer to make room.
                          Lynn doesn't want to mess with the "chemistry" at safety...

Comment

Working...
                          X