• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm almost afraid to see our record after 6 games knowing that we probably should have been 6-0.
    Yeah, this is a very frustrating team to root for. It would be one thing if we lost to a clearly superior team but to let teams hang around and lose because we keep shooting ourselves in the foot is just so maddening.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm almost afraid to see our record after 6 games knowing that we probably should have been 6-0.
      Keep in mind we are a missed extra point away from being 0-3.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They did? They lost by 25 points and did not score a TD.
        Guess I should have qualified that by stating in the first half. They also held Prescott to his lowest passing totals so far this year, yds, pct. td and rating.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I guess the 12-4 record last year had me expecting the team to make strides and be better this year. Reality is we won several games we could have very easily lost last year. Tenn, Pitt and KC being the obvious ones. Maybe this is just an 8-8 team

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Chargers are averaging ONLY 20 points per game against 3 so so defenses...... but are giving up 22 its per game against 3 so so offenses...... that's -2 for those struggling with math

There is no way in hell that we should be favored by almost our average offensive output....... which is actually 2 points less per game since 6 pts came in OT?

if not for winning a coin toss in OT, we would be 0-3 against 3 teams we should have relatively easily beaten..... Chargers are the definition of why games are not won on paper.....

Our best Safety not named James is Adderley...... and he needs to start this Sunday..... this team is not good enough to leave talent on the bench......

If we watch other games around the league, there are rookie and backup QB's scoring points fairly easily..... not struggling like Chargers have been.....

I think part of the Chargers problems is that Wiz has our offense programmed to move so slowly{pace wise) using up all 45 seconds of every play clock, that when this team needs to hurry up, and actually move the ball, we struggle with that.....

years ago this used to be a TE oriented offense.... now with not real TE's om the roster, it has become a RB oriented offense(HC was a RB coach so go figure)...... mixing in a few throws too allen and williams,,,,, Im assuming Chargers will bring Gates back sometime in 2nd half of season ...... there must be plan to bring him back otherwise Gates would have had a retirement announcement and Chargers would have a ceremony for him......

This team is tough to watch because the things we do wrong:

bad angles
            bad tackling
            bad coverage
            bad pass blocking
            stupid penalties whenever we make a great play
            stupid decisions (like attempting a long bomb to end zone with 2 min on the clock which if caught for game tying TD would have given texans 2 mins to get a FG and win)
            and this team is back to the psychology of playing DOWN to the competition and keeping every game close.......which keeps the enemy close enough to win......

.....are things that will make you lose to any team no matter how bad they are.......

It kills me to see this team already eliminated from division contention...... we are now playing for a WC...... anyone see the chiefs losing more than 1 or 2 games?...... with one of them being the last game when they rest everyone because they have number one seed locked away.....

Only teams that could beat chiefs are NE, Balt (oops they lost), ands maybe Chargers once(if chargers play out of their minds).....

I don't think anyone else in league has firepower to do it.....maybe dallas...?

Mahomes is on the madden cover so he is has a high likllyhood to get hurt this year......Ive noticed Reid has him running around far less this year....... not rooting for anyone to get hurt but its probably our only chance to win division..... though im not sure we can even beat raiders or broncos playing like we have been so far..... they have strong running games..... and fast defenses......

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

By that same token we are a couple ticky tack penalties away from being 3-0. In reality, we are about where we should be at 1-2 with all the dumb things we have done to ourselves. But the margin of victory in some games is so small that one or two plays either direction decides the outcome.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guess the 12-4 record last year had me expecting the team to make strides and be better this year. Reality is we won several games we could have very easily lost last year. Tenn, Pitt and KC being the obvious ones. Maybe this is just an 8-8 team
                That is a great point......

Football is a basic game, if you can't tackle and stop the run, you will not win many games....... and if you cannot pass block well for your QB, you cannot pass when you really have to...... you are limited to PA when the defense is expecting run......

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                  I think part of the Chargers problems is that Wiz has our offense programmed to move so slowly{pace wise) using up all 45 seconds of every play clock, that when this team needs to hurry up, and actually move the ball, we struggle with that.....
                  This part is not true. We drove down and scored right before the half in our last 2 games with around a minute or so left. At the end of the game yesterday we drove and and should have tied it but for Benjamins hands of stone. We also would have had a first down at the Houston 7 that with 30 seconds left but that pass got wiped out by a penalty.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

LAC can lose to anybody. Getting TDs called back, critical bonehead penalties, missed assignments, big problem.
                    We never win at Miami, at least not in this decade.
                    Take Miami to win.

Comment

• Krazy_Legs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Hey, the Bolts may cover...but who in their right mind would bet on them to win by 17?

They've shown ZERO ability to put away inferior teams, and I wouldn't be surprised if that continued this week.

Comment

• Krazy_Legs
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah, other than the Denver game...quite a few things broke our way last year.

We were good, but I think people got caught up in our record. 12-win teams compete for the SB. That wasn't a SB-caliber team. NE proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. I live in New England and a lot of sports radio guys up here predicted the Bolts to win and just about every Pats fan was nervous heading into that game. I just shook my head knowing what was likely about to go down.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This part is not true. We drove down and scored right before the half in our last 2 games with around a minute or so left. At the end of the game yesterday we drove and and should have tied it but for Benjamins hands of stone. We also would have had a first down at the Houston 7 that with 30 seconds left but that pass got wiped out by a penalty.
                          Im not talking about the last drive of each half...... This team needs some urgency to play for TD's EVERY possession like the KC, NE, and NO do...... if this team were averaging 30+ points our defense would suddenly get better, would get more sacks, and turnovers and therefore more scoring opportunities....

14 points in a half is NOT enough in today's NFL....... we should have lost week one also.....

The same bumbling mistakes are costing us these games and will cause us to lose or barely squeak by vs Miami.......

Comment

Working...
                          X