• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I stand corrected Feeney is indeed an all pro. The sacks were Rivers fault.
    Next thing you know, Lynn will claim Feeney is playing at an "elite" level...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Love your analysis Cat.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        Love your analysis Cat.
        Thanks! It gives me a chance to vent after a frustrating loss, but I also learn a lot from comments from others...

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Next thing you know, Lynn will claim Feeney is playing at an "elite" level...
          HAHA no kidding right?

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Right before the half, naturally, Bradley only rushes 4, giving Watson plenty of time to find an open man to take them into FG range. King and Watkins don't get much help from Rayshawn...but don't worry...Lynn said Rayshawn is playing at an "elite" level, so ignore this play, too...(note: FG attempt missed, but it WAS from 56 yds...)

image.png
            Omg TC. This drove me nuts while watching. Also some of our clock management on offense before the half made 0 sense to me as usual. I know we scored and left only what 22 seconds left, but the play selection was that of a clueless coach from what I recall. We got lucky we didn't pay for it before halftime.

Lynn needs to get a close on how to finish our first halves and how to start 2nds.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

So i just re watched the offensive snaps for the game. My gosh, Tevi lacks discipline. He false starts repeatedly - we are lucky it isn't called more often.

Was he the same guy who caused false starts that were missed by the refs last year on 2 TD plays in different games (that had opposing fans pissed)? Or was that someone else?

Also, On the the play where rivers fumbled, what was he doing? Did his back hurt or did he just give up? Guy was laying on the ground like a deadbeat with his hand on his back. A few moments later gets as if nothing happened LOL.
              Last edited by SDBORN; 09-25-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                So i just re watched the offensive snaps for the game. My gosh, Tevi lacks discipline. He false starts repeatedly - we are lucky it isn't called more often.

Was he the same guy who caused false starts that were missed by the refs last year on 2 TD plays in different games (that had opposing fans pissed)? Or was that someone else?

Also, On the the play where rivers fumbled, what was he doing? Did his back hurt or did he just give up? Guy was laying on the ground like a deadbeat with his hand on his back. A few moments later gets as if nothing happened LOL.
                Tevi in pass pro looks about the same as last year--does okay in some games, but totally gets beat in other games. Remember, Tevi was an emergency replacement for Barks, who was actually starting to improve in pass pro before he got injured. So the Bolts never really addressed the RT spot. And now the Okung injury. Not good...

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Tevi in pass pro looks about the same as last year--does okay in some games, but totally gets beat in other games. Remember, Tevi was an emergency replacement for Barks, who was actually starting to improve in pass pro before he got injured. So the Bolts never really addressed the RT spot. And now the Okung injury. Not good...
                  Daniel Popper addressed Tevi a couple of times recently and his take is that fans have a much lower opinion of Tevi than his play warrants, especially after breaking down game film. He has struggled at times but overall he is playing at a much higher level than us fans think and the coaches see that. Go figure.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Daniel Popper addressed Tevi a couple of times recently and his take is that fans have a much lower opinion of Tevi than his play warrants, especially after breaking down game film. He has struggled at times but overall he is playing at a much higher level than us fans think and the coaches see that. Go figure.
                    In run blocking, Tevi is above average. In pass pro, Popper is entitled to his opinion, but the stats don't lie. So far, Tevi has allowed 2.5 sacks in 3 games. Unless he gets his act together real fast, this extrapolates out to around 12+ sacks allowed on the season:

image.png
                    The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

In run blocking, Tevi is above average. In pass pro, Popper is entitled to his opinion, but the stats don't lie. So far, Tevi has allowed 2.5 sacks in 3 games. Unless he gets his act together real fast, this extrapolates out to around 12+ sacks allowed on the season:

image.png
                      http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...=30303&team=24
                      Yep. He's fine in run blocking, that's not the issue. And he sucks in pass pro regardless of what popper says.

And he needs to address those jumpy feet pre snap either way.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

still baffles me Whiz doesnt run more.

Comment

Working...
                        X