Destroying the Donks GDT - winning streak continues (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think someone else see's something in him they think they can make better.
    Lots of pundits still like Ingram. I didn't like him coming out of college. He has had his moments but hasn't been near to what many thought of him.

Gordon is a RB, not a pass rusher. Those are harder to find and what we argue to justify resigning Bosa for huge bucks and maybe he can get an extension from said team. I don't want us to extend him.

I'm not a big fan of Ingram but I'm sure some out there are. When he plays well I give him his due bit it isn't often enough for my liking.
    Ingram's best years are behind him. He had 10.5 sacks two years ago, declined to 7 sacks all last year in 16 games, just 1 this year in 4 games. He's on pace to have a whopping total of 4 in 16 games, but now he's injured, so he'll be lucky to get 3. I realize sacks don't tell the whole story, but when you're a DE, it sure better be a big part of it...

image.png

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Denver 20-13 over L.A. Chargers

B Broncos
      The Broncos showcased all the problems that had them off to an 0-4 start in the first place, but this time the defense played at the level head coach Vic Fangio believed they would at the beginning of the season. The Broncos held the Chargers to 13 points and didn't give up an offensive touchdown, forced three turnovers, and held the Chargers' high-powered offense to 246 yards on the day. Denver didn't even have a sack in the game, making the performance all the more impressive. Philip Rivers had 48 pass attempts for only 211 yards as the Chargers only managed 3.8 yards per play. Denver still played inconsistent on offense (only having two field goals after scoring touchdowns on the first two possessions) and gave up a special teams touchdown, but was able to finish the job and get into the win column.
      D Chargers
      Not a banner day for the Chargers offense, which had just 246 yards and only averaged 3.8 yards per play. Los Angeles had two red zone turnovers that cost the Chargers 14 points on the field an an opportunity to erase a 17-point deficit and beat the Broncos. The Chargers defense held the Broncos to 195 yards on their final nine possessions, getting two interceptions, but the offense failed to get a touchdown even though they had two possessions that took them inside the Broncos' 2-yard line but scored zero points. The Chargers don't have an offensive identity, and the return of Melvin Gordon (16 touches, 38 yards) didn't help.

Broncos-Chargers grades by Jeff Kerr (Love the grades? Hate the grades? Let him know on Twitter.)
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

come 2011, Antwan Barnes had 11 sacks for the San Diego Chargers....
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
        X