• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And they also shown that they overcome slow starts to the season after all the fans have broken their ankles jumping off the bandwagon. I expect that to happen again this year.
    I expected the stupid Chargers mistakes that cost us games to become less frequent. So far, it looks like an addiction or maybe a virus that is hitting the team with little or no let-up. My expectation is that sufficient improvement will not come in time, if at all for LAC to reach the playoffs.
    That said, it would please me to be wrong.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I agree but criticizing them after a very poor showing like last week is one thing but people are calling for TT and Lynn to be fired and that's a different thing. I think Lynn showed himself to be a decent coach last season and our roster is much improved since TT took over. Neither of them should be fired, imo.

I do not agree with those that say the OL is terrible. I've seen them open up big holes for the RB's in some games and on most plays Rivers has enough time to run the pass plays. I grade them as an average OL.

I do think something is seriously wrong when this offense can't put points on the board. Perhaps a new OC would help? I'd like to see them go to a hurry up offense a lot more. I'd tell PR to run the play called in the huddle and quit standing at the los so darn long. Attack! Coryell would be beside himself watching this team!
      Play the season out, then off with their heads if the player mistakes just keep coming. Seems like the coaching staff may be too darn nice, the way some starters keep messing up key plays.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

OL is better at run blocking than it has been in awhile...... (which means its better than terrible)...... the OL in pass blocking is horrible...... which is why our Offense is almost purely about dumping the ball off to RB's......... and defenses know that is what we are primarily doing........ which is why our offense scored ZERO points sunday and less and less points every week......

get ready for another shutout against PIT....... we are currently 2 games BEHIND the raiders playing an easy early schedule...... we should have lost to colts...... so our only legit win was a close game with MIA.......only complete ineptitude kept MIA from bearting us also.......

Even Lynn admitted we will not beat anyone playing like we did against MIA........

I'm preparing for Lynn(a RB coach) to bench Rivers and break out the wishbone...... this season is going to get uglier before it gets any better.......

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
          OL is better at run blocking than it has been in awhile...... (which means its better than terrible)...... the OL in pass blocking is horrible...... which is why our Offense is almost purely about dumping the ball off to RB's......... and defenses know that is what we are primarily doing........ which is why our offense scored ZERO points sunday and less and less points every week......

get ready for another shutout against PIT....... we are currently 2 games BEHIND the raiders playing an easy early schedule...... we should have lost to colts...... so our only legit win was a close game with MIA.......only complete ineptitude kept MIA from bearting us also.......

Even Lynn admitted we will not beat anyone playing like we did against MIA........

I'm preparing for Lynn(a RB coach) to bench Rivers and break out the wishbone...... this season is going to get uglier before it gets any better.......
          Its obvious Lynn prefers athletics QBs, I mean he has broght over and over and over athletics QBs to back up Rivers and you can see it in those stupid wildcat plays....

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Its obvious Lynn prefers athletics QBs, I mean he has broght over and over and over athletics QBs to back up Rivers and you can see it in those stupid wildcat plays....
            The funny thing is those wildcat plays are probably the least effective play we have run this year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

The funny thing is those wildcat plays are probably the least effective play we have run this year.
              Wildcat is a particularly bad formula for NFL. It worked marginally, briefly once a decade ago. Very briefly.

you must have a passing QB. If he can run fast, thats a bonus. But he must pass well. Mahomes, our newest flavor of "running qb" does not run the wildcat as a practice and rarely runs on purpose at all. He passes. Or runs for his life. My rule of thumb is if your QB runs more than 5 times in a game, something is going wrong.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Protect17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Stats are pesky things:

Steelers rushing offense averages 95 yards per game with a 3.5 yard average.
                Charger rushing offense average 113 yards per game with a 4.0 yard average.

Steelers passing offense averages 214 yards per game.
                Chargers passing offense average 282 yards per game.

Steelers average 19.8 points scored per game.
                Chargers average 20.6 points scored per game.

Steelers rushing defense allows 126 yards per game.
                Chargers rushing defense allows 120 yards per game.

Steelers pass defense allows 230 yards per game.
                Chargers pass defense allows 215 yards per game.

Steelers allow 22.8 points per game.
                Chargers allow 18.8 points per game.

You can certainly debate coaching staffs and Tomlin does have rings, but since the start of the 2017 season when Lynn arrived both teams have won 23 games and the Chargers have won one playoff game to none for the Steelers.

We know we have zero home field advantage and the Steeler fans will be out in force, but they are also 1-4 and will likely be starting their 3rd string QB. Our offense puts up more yard s and points and our defense allows fewer yards and points. Sheer nonsense to expect them to come in and dominate us.
                Lol have we played a Patriots team that has allowed what 2 touchdowns through 5 games ? Have we played the Ravens D who would destroy this oline also ??? Have we played our second string QB ? Ummm no but I'll tell you what if you think the Steelers lose against The Broncos at Home ?..or let that team humiliate them at Home ???? Yeah we are looking at these teams and stats differently ....How many sacks did they get in one game this year ? And how many total sacks do we have again ? Who has the better coach ? Who has the Better Dline ? Who has the better Oline ?Lets just win this game and build off of it .Go Chargers we need this .
                Last edited by Protect17; 10-08-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

I would tend to agree... this would be the time to push the panic button.

I have no expectations for this game. But it'll probably be close. (Because all Charger games seem to need to be close)
                  :freakout:
                  This is the time when they are really going to have to fight.

Super Street Fighter 2 series Guile Theme (CPS-2)Arrangement: Isao Abe (阿部 功) "Oyaji"Stage: USA

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

Lol have we played a Patriots team that has allowed what 2 touchdowns through 5 games ? Have we played the Ravens D who would destroy this oline also ??? Have we played our second string QB ? Ummm no but I'll tell you what if you think the Steelers lose against The Broncos at Home ?..or let that team humiliate them at Home ???? Yeah we are looking at these teams and stats differently ....How many sacks did they get in one game this year ? And how many total sacks do we have again ? Who has the better coach ? Who has the Better Dline ? Who has the better Oline ?Lets just win this game and build off of it .Go Chargers we need this .
                    And yet the "mighty" Steelers are 1-4...

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

FFS, that Ravens D is dog shit and got ran out of their own building with the hapless Browns dropping 40 on them. And FYI, that Browns OL is worse than ours is.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

FFS, that Ravens D is dog shit and got ran out of their own building with the hapless Browns dropping 40 on them. And FYI, that Browns OL is worse than ours is.
                        Did they replace all of the players that played the Chargers last January? I vaguely recall we maybe played these nightly Ravens ... damn memory ... shoot, never mind.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Well if we're not the same team, I suppose other teams can change too.

Comment

Working...
                          X