Bolts vs Steelers MOJO Game Day Thread (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

My take is that Lynn is a serviceable coach as long as injuries don't deplete us of certain key players, such as James, Okung and Pouncey. Now, some coaches can adapt to the loss of players better than others, by changing scheme to cover our injury losses. Also, Lynn, along with Whiz and Bradley do a horrible job of making in-game adjustments. Everyone and his brother could see that the Steelers were stopping our run game cold--but no--Whiz keeps sending Gordon up the gut mindlessly for nada or almost nada. Our only success was in the pass game, but by the time Whiz gave Rivers the hurry-up O green light, it was too late. Then, Rivers makes it worse with his picks and bad passes. A couple of near picks also. Then, on D, Bradley fails to position our LB's properly to prevent the Steelers from repeatedly gashing us in the run game. Of course, it doesn't help that dudes like Jatavis whiff frequently. This is a total collapse, including Lynn, Whiz, Bradley and Rivers.
    I genuinely appreciate your take in the mist of all the emotion but if a HC can’t adjust in game to save his life, what good is he as a final decision maker?
    the reason I single out Lynn is because I see the same lack luster effort in all 3 phases of the game—actually, ironically, I see more spunk on special teams than I do on O & D.
    guys are going through the motions and that’s on the HC.
    The oline is as bad as I’ve seen, but with Lynn we should have SOME semblance of a ground game.
    whiz has to go and unfortunately that means Rivers too as I don’t see Rivers learning a new offense/system

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SCRATCHBOLTNZ
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2017
      • Send PM

I give Lynn a pass at the moment, because I believe in him as a good Man-manager but he needs good co-ordinators to suplement his skills and, quite frankly, Whiz and Bradley just don't cut it anymore.

They have made no progress as a coaching unit IMO.

Sure they have had lots of injuries to overcome, but a good coaching unit will coach-up the rest of the players low down on the depth chart to compete or step up when they need to and I'm just seeing progress to the level there should be!

Also, it annoys me that our receivers never seem to be open. Occasionally somone will break free (usually Allen) but rarely do we see the offense creating mismatches and getting wide open like alot of other teams do. Rivers always seems to be throwing it do a player that has 2-3 op players around him!

We need a young, revolutionary offensive mind to get involved and any half-decent defensive coach...cause I don;t think Bradley is even that anymore.

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

Nobody can argue we’ve come out motivated, injuries are just an excuse, I see 4 losses that were very winnable games and yet here we are.

I’d get rid of EVERYONE including Telesco at this point. EVERYONE.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Talk about lack of awareness, three charger defenders were trying to keep their RB short of the first down on 3rd down. Their RB was half a yard short but still standing and getting stood up short of the first down by two struggling Charger defenders. In comes #99 Tillery to take tackling command and proceeds to push and tackle him forward well pass the first down marker.

Gee, Tillery, that's sure showing them who's boss. You could have helped pull him short like the other two were trying to do but nooooo. You had to charge in like a bull and tackle him a yard forward, allowing him the first down. Get some situational awareness, you thick headed newb.

Comment

• RobH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tokyo, Japan
            • University English Lecturer
            • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
            Nobody can argue we’ve come out motivated, injuries are just an excuse, I see 4 losses that were very winnable games and yet here we are.

I’d get rid of EVERYONE including Telesco at this point. EVERYONE.
            Yeah, but you can't get rid of John Spanos, and therein lies the problem. He's President of Football Operations, or something like that, and he loves to work draft day and let everyone know he's in there with TT. My guess he is just as liable for a lot of the bad drafting and hiring as anyone. So no matter who they hire, you still got the Spanos spawn there to make his mark.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

If Whisenhunt remains as OC tomorrow, what kind of message does it convey to the Chargers?

The Cardinals fired Mike McCoy last year right around this time of the year after their offense looked anaemic with far less talent than the Chargers offense has.

Why the hell can’t we do the same?

Promote Shane Steichen to offensive coordinator. The Colts were close to hiring him away as OC last year

[UPDATE: There are conflicting reports on the Colts' OC situation. Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that Nick Sirianni is the expected hire.] …

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

What's happening to Lynn is exactly what happened to Mike McCoy: a good first two seasons & then the wheels came off due to injuries, particularly on the offensive line.
                Schottenheimer got the ball rolling in his 3rd season because he could eventually put together an oline. Telesco is still looking for a center after 6 years - ridiculous.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

What is scary is the next two weeks we play defenses that generate as much pressure as the Steelers in the Titans and Bears.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Any opinions on Lamps first start?
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Any opinions on Lamps first start?
                      Had one holding call which was actually Feeney’s fault because Feeney couldn’t hold a block to save his life.

Other than that, he did fine.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

ironic that their #55 had a banner day.... Steelers are no joke w/now Minkah Fitzpatrick, TJ Watt, and ++ on D.

their third string QB was 15/20, their team jumped out to a 24-0 lead, and our Dline was getting moved off the ball/LOS.

PR went 26/44, under duress more oft than not, had 3 TO's to his name, and we couldn't run the ball to save our lives.

good to see Henry back in the mix, and MW got in for a coupla few (still @50 percent conversion rate.... Keenan @one third for that matter.... on lockdown).

and won't pretend to know the answer for the run game, albeit would gander a guess that we need an OC and badly.... we also need to do a better job w/ToP (prolly well related to our run game or lack thereof ?)

also don't know what to do 'bout our "homefield" advantage/malaise ?? hopefully that changes by way of Hollywood Park.

and def not putting this on AL (@least not anymore than we should for a loss.... they happen), as save for his first four losses, he pretty much ran the table after that and thru last season.... we'll see what he does now, as he has def hit another bump in the road.

and without minimizing what Critty and others have shared re: Philip, do think it falls not just on Phil, but the players on the whole, which for me falls at the foot of Young John Spanos.

his downfall/shortcoming comes from two central belief structures/patterns.... ever since our pursuit of Earl Mitchell, we seem to have eschewed a belief in a run stopping/plugging, pocket collapsing NT ?? from what I can recall, this team has always been (much) better w/a real NT than without ??

the other erroneous behavior stems from the use of draft capital and FA monies on the receiving position in lieu of the Oline…. the examples I've used repeatedly are the signing of Travis before Bobby Massie or the like, and when we had a dire need @tackle, and ditto for squandering a top 7 pick on another receiver rather than making the prescient pick of Ryan Ramczyk, which woulda saved us the Okung FA monies and cemented the position for the foreseeable future.

if I'm John Spanos, am having the decency to let Captain/Major Tom remake his scouting department of his prerogative, as the pitchforks will be coming for him and not young John.... have said many a time, we need to remove/clean out any unnecessary AJ residual getting in the way of a better drafting record from our FO.

these things happen, as personally am surprised by the Browns dismal start to things, and not unlike our own sputtering.

this season so far reminds me of when Drew Brees had to muddle thru w/an injury plagued Curtis Conway and the intermittent sightings of a one David Boston.... he just wasn't that good without a bona fide receiving corps, and me thinx that is at the crux of Rivers' struggles, again without minimizing the challenges of our Oline.

and last as a forum, think we can readjust our expectations/outlook for this team and as an NFL franchise, to not be so anxious/quick to anoint ourselves as the chosen AFC West ones, as both Denver and Oakland have shown to have some mettle and are decent organizations and then some from time to time.... we have work to do.

get us a NT, OC, WR and RB.... John.... (good luck.... in Hollywood Park

(is it time for a "Dear John" thread ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

saw quite a few players not giving 100% effort tonight. will be pointing them out in film study. Cut these bums and get some undrafted hungry guys in here that WANT to play in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X