Bolts vs Steelers MOJO Game Day Thread (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

And for the good stuff...............

PFF LA Chargers Retweeted

PFF Fantasy Football
    @PFF_Fantasy

Week 6 TE Fantasy Football Leaders

1. Hunter Henry 30.0
    2. Austin Hooper 25.7
    3. George Kittle 18.3
    4. Mark Andrews 13.9

FLEX O Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers

If anyone was wondering how key a healthy Hunter Henry could be for the Chargers, we saw just how good he can be on Sunday Night Football. Including two scores, he racked up 100 receiving yards from 36 snaps in route, good enough to see him average 2.78 yards per route run on the night.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

And more good stuff......... S Rayshawn Jenkins, Los Angeles Chargers

Jenkins has started every game for the Chargers in 2019, but Sunday Night Football saw his best performance of the year so far. The 2017 fourth-round draft pick out of Miami pulled in an interception in coverage and had a tackle resulting in a defensive stop on his way to a 91.8 PFF game grade.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Pittsburgh Steelers

This was about as conservative of a game plan as you’ll see in a 2019 NFL game. Devlin Hodges was the definition of game manager in this one, taking just a few shots on Sunday night that traveled further than 10 yards downfield. When asked to throw, Hodges spent much of the night getting the ball quickly into the hands of his playmakers – primarily James Conner – and put the honus on them to keep the offense moving.

Conner was asked to carry the load, and he did just that until a quad injury knocked him out in the second half. Conner was especially fantastic as a receiver, where he hauled in all seven of his targets and picked up crucial first downs on balls thrown to him short of the sticks, forcing one missed tackle after another.

Devin Bush recorded the first two turnovers for the s=Steelers, but neither of the plays required him to do a lot. One was a poor pass from Philip Rivers that went backward for a fumble, and the other was a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage that he intercepted.

T.J. Watt gave Sam Tevi problems all game long. He recorded a sack, three hits and also a batted pass. Watt showed his ability to win with speed consistently against Tevi. Los Angeles Chargers

Rayshawn Jenkins had the highlight play of the night for the Chargers’ defense, getting a great read on one of the few deep balls thrown by Hodges and jumping the route for a crucial interception as LA tried digging themselves out of the hole they got themselves into in the first half.

It was a quiet night for the Chargers’ pass-rush. Pittsburgh did a nice job at scheming plays to get the ball out of Hodges’ hands quickly, but Los Angeles finished the night without knocking Pittsburgh’s quarterback on the ground a single time.

Rivers had a tough game with his offensive line unable to find a consistent way to protect him and the Steelers getting pressure without blitzing and leaving two safeties deep for most of the game. While he recorded 320 yards passing, most of this came late as the Chargers tried to claw their way back into the game. The worst play by Rivers was overthrowing a flare route to Melvin Gordon that went backward and was recorded as a fumble for Rivers.

Hunter Henry broke the two-deep shell of the Steelers. He caught eight of his nine targets for 100 yards and two touchdowns, with his best catch coming at the back of the end zone where he managed to toe-tap both feet to give the Chargers a little bit of hope down the stretch.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Except for an OL that flat out stinks and a D that plays so deep that it is ineffective, the rest of the team is respectable. But those two deficiencies are killing us.

Well, I better throw in tht the D plays soft and can't consistently tackle to save their lives.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            And for the good stuff...............

PFF LA Chargers Retweeted

PFF Fantasy Football
            @PFF_Fantasy

Week 6 TE Fantasy Football Leaders

1. Hunter Henry 30.0
            2. Austin Hooper 25.7
            3. George Kittle 18.3
            4. Mark Andrews 13.9

FLEX O Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers

If anyone was wondering how key a healthy Hunter Henry could be for the Chargers, we saw just how good he can be on Sunday Night Football. Including two scores, he racked up 100 receiving yards from 36 snaps in route, good enough to see him average 2.78 yards per route run on the night.
            I kept him on my bench as I have Dissly in that league. Poor Dissly pops his Achilles and goes scoreless, while Hunter goes ape shit in his return. :shrug: Fantasy is a fickle bitch.

On a side note, I also had Kittle benched for Dissly in another league because he was supposed to have some groin issue and was reported as iffy. :facepalm1:

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Except for an OL that flat out stinks and a D that plays so deep that it is ineffective, the rest of the team is respectable. But those two deficiencies are killing us.

Well, I better throw in tht the D plays soft and can't consistently tackle to save their lives.
              My head almost exploded when Jatavis bounced off Conner, while barely even affecting his path to the endzone.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

My head almost exploded when Jatavis bounced off Conner, while barely even affecting his path to the endzone.
                it looked like a child trying to tackle Jim Brown.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Rivers is increasingly having to throw long passes off his back foot which causes them to be inaccurate and up for grabs.That toss from the end zone to Benjamin is an example that had no chance and looked more like a Hail Mary. Also, his short passes over the middle are getting batted more and more by defensive linemen, partially due to his throwing style and lackluster pass blocking.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

it looked like a child trying to tackle Jim Brown.
                    Like all those 150lb “linebackers”
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Jatavis has problems with wrapping up...
                      and with his groin.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'll bet we could dumpster dive and find a better tackling LB than "Bouncewhiffy Brown"...

Comment

Working...
                        X