• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They actually don't run the ball very well. They are 19th in rushing yards per game and 22nd in average per attempt. This goes along with allowing a sack on 14.22% of their passing plays, worst in the league. The Chargers allow a sack on 4.58% by comparison. This game will feature two truly putrid offensive lines.
    Those stats dont matter...... DEN supposedly was poor at stopping the run but they stopped chargers cold.....

the important thing is that TEN "LOVES" to run and if they find a team that cannot tackle or stop the run like the Chargers(especially since Chargers are also strugglinging just to score a time or 2 per game), they will run and run and run and never stop till the final gun......

TEN will not have to throw any risky passes...... though they will throw some screens at us since we dont like to cover those either.....

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Those stats dont matter...... DEN supposedly was poor at stopping the run but they stopped chargers cold.....

the important thing is that TEN "LOVES" to run and if they find a team that cannot tackle or stop the run like the Chargers(especially since Chargers are also strugglinging just to score a time or 2 per game), they will run and run and run and never stop till the final gun......

TEN will not have to throw any risky passes...... though they will throw some screens at us since we dont like to cover those either.....
      The stats don't matter? Okay.... Denver had one bad game against the run, that doesn't mean they are bad against the run.

For a team that likes to run and run, The Titans attempt more passes per game than they do rushes.

If we tackle like we did in the first half, they will have success running. If we tackle like we did in the second half, they won't.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
        Chargers need to tank the rest of the season out. That’s the ONLY way for this team to return to a contender.
        no problemo
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The stats don't matter? Okay.... Denver had one bad game against the run, that doesn't mean they are bad against the run.

For a team that likes to run and run, The Titans attempt more passes per game than they do rushes.

If we tackle like we did in the first half, they will have success running. If we tackle like we did in the second half, they won't.
          What if we tackle like we did in the first half in the first half, and then we tackle like we did in the 2nd half like we did in the 2nd half? got a model for that?
          because my eyes are seeing an unscientific trend (ok, call it impression) that it takes the team 30 minutes or so to figure out to tackle almost every week.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What if we tackle like we did in the first half in the first half, and then we tackle like we did in the 2nd half like we did in the 2nd half? got a model for that?
            because my eyes are seeing an unscientific trend (ok, call it impression) that it takes the team 30 minutes or so to figure out to tackle almost every week.
            Dmac, I see a lot of truth in this. Generally speaking, we seem to play best in the 4th quarter, usually on both offense and D. This points to a lack of preparation by our coaches, AND a failure to make adjustments early in the game.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The Chargers have been bad against a Ryan Tannehill led team. Just wanted to point that out. After all, they lost to a third string QB.

Might being underdogs be the thing to reverse the curse of this team?
              Honestly... be real honest here.. how many of you actually thought that the 3rd String QB was going to beat us? I did....hope was with me to win that game.. but being a Charger fan you knew that we are experts at making rookies and benchwarmers look like 2 time SB winners...

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

I also think is that time of year where we all start to cry like little girls and see the team start wnning... that's what I do at the slots maching in vegas anyway.... and suddenly I start making money. Thats exactly what it happened last year as well....

Comment

• DallasEire
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2019
                  • Send PM

If this season plays true to form you can lay up to 2.5 pts with Tennessee this weekend.

Tennessee Oilers 3
                  San Diego Chargers 0

The Chargers will somehow give up 611 yards in the first half but will only yield the FG. I expect San Diego to run the ball 40-50 times for no yardage at all. Lynn will likely praise his "young men up front" whom, by and large played well to keep the team from posting negative yardage and gave San Diego a chance to win.

This one, in total scope, may rival the Ray Goff vs Phil Fulmer Moron Bowls of their era.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DallasEire View Post
                    If this season plays true to form you can lay up to 2.5 pts with Tennessee this weekend.

Tennessee Oilers 3
                    San Diego Chargers 0

The Chargers will somehow give up 611 yards in the first half but will only yield the FG. I expect San Diego to run the ball 40-50 times for no yardage at all. Lynn will likely praise his "young men up front" whom, by and large played well to keep the team from posting negative yardage and gave San Diego a chance to win.

This one, in total scope, may rival the Ray Goff vs Phil Fulmer Moron Bowls of their era.
                    The negative posts aren't usually my thing, but your sadly realistic prognostications and whimsy won me over. :rasta:

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DallasEire View Post

Tennessee Oilers 3
                      San Diego Chargers 0

Frickin Hilarious. We have two ex head-coaches plus current experienced head coach and we can't manage our way out of a paper-bag. I'm not sure that these midget geniuses could win with all first round draft picks.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Honestly... be real honest here.. how many of you actually thought that the 3rd String QB was going to beat us? I did....hope was with me to win that game.. but being a Charger fan you knew that we are experts at making rookies and benchwarmers look like 2 time SB winners...
                        I actually told a steeler friend of mine right before the game - '' '' enjoy it cuz you are about to be gifted a game by the Chargers ''

The charger way is to make the worst look best.

Comment

• El_Tee
                          I’m No Noob
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Disney World, FL
                          • Send PM

Our defenders try to punch the ball out instead of just wrapping people up. It’s not a good recipe for containing chunk plays.

Comment

Working...
                          X