POLL: Is it time to start the re-building process?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

False question.

Every season is a rebuild.

Add new, eliminate old.

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

We definitely need some key pieces to throw into the mix as other people here have pointed out. After this last draft though I am not sure we have the right people to get them to us. Thought several picks were reaches. I think the thing we would have to start with is a replacement for TT. At this point I think I would rather have the team try to use a Ouija board to channel the spirit of John Butler for next years draft.

If Rivers still wants to come back I say we give him one more year at least. I think the benefit would be to be able to help whoever is the next QB for the team transition into the role.

Getting a replacement for Benjamin is a must and some more speed into the receiving corp has to be done. At the end of the year I say let Gordon walk and go where ever he wants and find a rookie next year to help carry the load for Ekeler and Jackson. Of course none of that matters without line help and we know we definitely need help there. Just not sure how much until we hear more about the health of our injured starters.

At this point I don't really even want to address the defense.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I agree with OP's point 1.
        I don't think the D would be that far off once Bradley is replaced with someone willing to unleash the hounds once in a while. Mebane needs to retire, and Ingram is not earning his keep.

The offense is more of a mess.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

No Rebuild.

Develop.
          Upgrade.
          Reinforce.

Obviously trenches.

But the TE spot absolutely needs a player similar to Hunter Henry. I mentioned this every off season. I did not like Gates as the only guy. They drafted Henry to replace Gates. Ok. But I was thinking Gates is old and will retire, so it will be back to 1 good TE.
          I don't like it. Get another TE. Past 3 drafts have been really good TE classes. This year not so much.
          But they really need to think about having a better back up to Hunter and also 2 TE sets where both TE can run routes. Would like to see it in redzone. Another good TE would be more useful than Benjamin. Rivers would benefit more from another TE than he does trying to get the ball to Trajic Benjamin.

This is where I look at TT & Spanos and think they are just not good enough at this team building thing.

I have also been asking to draft a QB early in past couple drafts to sit and learn behind Rivers, so they transition can be more seem less from old franchise QB to new Franchise QB. And I have wanted that selection to be a big bet. Watson. Jackson. A new style of QB. They obviously dont think like I do.

This is a good class of QBs. TT should get one.
          Another TE.
          Draft o-line for sure.
          Deep threat WR.
          Draft these players from power big schools.
          Stop the small school trying to show genius drafting.
          And Add veteran o-line to the unit via free agency.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Telesco is another Bill Polian disciple like A.J. so the team pretty much looks just like it did when A.J. was here and looks very much like the Colts team that went 2-14 without Peyton Manning. There's no real theme with regard to personnel defensively. The defensive front 7 gets pushed around. Offensive line can't protect the QB and can't dominate the line of scrimmage.

Those are trademarks of a Bill Polian football team.

How many football games would this current team win without Rivers? Hell, they might go 2-14 WITH Rivers.

A good GM should be able to build an 8-8 team with a backup QB. Study teams that manage to play decent with bad QB play and look how they're built.

Carolina, Buffalo, Tennessee, Pitt hell even Denver.

The injuries are just an excuse. James is out but other than him none of these other injuries are that bad. Okung was already well in decline last year.

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I would not give Telesco another regime. He sees the door with this coaching staff when they go. The guy has not impressed enough to warrant an extension.

Time to get back to physical football. It starts on the inside and builds out. Trenches first, skill 2nd.

We are as soft/finesse as it gets currently
              ​​​​

​​​​
              I don't think it makes sense to rebuild the team with the guy who built the original mess.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Where is the vote option for" another stupid poll"?

Just need less injuries and Telesco to make some.trades for a key guy.

Seattle lost their TE so there is word they are trying to pry OJ Howard from Tampa Bay in a trade.

That's the kind of things Telesco should be doing.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think we have a lot of good young players. I just don't think we can get it done with a QB who is not mobile now. It makes me sad to say it, but I don't think we should re-sign Rivers for next year. Even right now, I believe we would have a better chance of winning with Tyrod. Other teams are having no problem getting to us with rushing 4. When they blitz, we're doomed. These last 2 games have taken a chunk out of me.

Comment

• assman3000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Benching Rivers is an overreaction.

I say we win 8 more games.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

no rebuild

just no more skill players drafted until we get good trenches. yup 7 rounds of trenches picks.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The Spamnoses are not going to part ways with Tom Telesco. They are comfortable with him, and that is what matters the most to them. They aren't going to cut AL loose either at this point, for the same reason. No matter what happens this season, he will be HC next season. That is the Spamnoses' way. They also aren't going to force the best QB in franchise history out the door until he says he is done. The best we can hope for is that the team finds its way back to the attitude and quality of play of last year's team.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                          THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                          Generous Donor
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Gotta love ‘overreaction week’.
                          NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

Working...
                          X