***OFFICIAL Bolts vs. Titans Game Day Thread*** (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BearWithJetpack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Bosa is a monster and he's practically alone out there. I don't think it's unfair to say he's the Charger's best player.

​​​His brother is ripping it up on the Niners, but their entire line is first rounders. It would be pretty cool some day to see a year where Joey wins AFC DPotY while Nick wins it in the NFC. Hopefully Joey is a Charger if and when.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Chargers snap counts vs. Titans

(DEF): M. Davis 64, Jenkins 64, Teamer 64, Hayward 59, T. Davis 53, Bosa 51, Square 47, Tillery 45, Perryman 44, King 42, Nwosu 40, Rochell 33, White 22, Tranquill 22, Broughton 18, Egbule 13, Watkins 10, McGill 9, Facyson 5.

(OFF): Scott 64, Tevi 64, Feeney 64, Schofield 64, Rivers 64, M. Williams 61, Allen 60, Henry 58, Quessenberry 38, Ekeler 38, Gordon 34, G. Davis 28, Lamp 28, Patton 20, Green 12, Watt 8, Kendricks 2, Pipkins 1, Groy 1.
      not sure how much there is to take away from the above, and.... not sure eye understand why King isn't in @FS when we aren't in nickel ?? and Broughton did pretty well with limited snaps.

and no spreading the ball around on O.... no Patton, Virgil, Watt or Kendricks ?? like Andre and think he is a heady receiver, albeit wondering if he is an NFL contributor ??

we really need to reshuffle our scouting department....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
        Put Phil out to stud.
        Well, maybe not.
        Rivers style and Lynn's philosophy does not meld.
        We need to pick the right QB,
        and he might be a lefty.
        durability issues are raising their head in some draft corners there.... ??

Burrow is becoming iconic, Herbert and Tua look a tad on the risky side, Eason looks like a gambit (I'd be willing to take), and then there's guys like Jalen Hurts and/or Jordan Love, and.... Jake Fromm is falling out of first round consideration.... :0

and don't think Phil is going out to pasture quite yet, and yes.... AL could go down with the run first/mobile QB ship.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

There will be a QB.
          There will be an OT.
          Which way you goin' ?
          R-E-L-A-X.... we'll be drafting top twenty by season's end....

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

You know what's coming.
            9-7.
            Wild Card #2.
            yep.... would put us drafting late teens or just thereabouts,

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

will also add that Jeffrey Simmons has some scary monster to him, and.... game was on the road, we had a depleted roster/swiss cheese starting cadre, and Tannehill ain't exactly chopped liver, albeit we prolly made him look better than he is, per usual of late for our D.... our scoring D keeps us in games, albeit we don't seem to be an imposing D for some reason (besides the obvious casualties).

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                Bosa is a monster and he's practically alone out there. I don't think it's unfair to say he's the Charger's best player.

​​​His brother is ripping it up on the Niners, but their entire line is first rounders. It would be pretty cool some day to see a year where Joey wins AFC DPotY while Nick wins it in the NFC. Hopefully Joey is a Charger if and when.
                I logged on just to comment on this. Bosa is a beast. If he had any help our D would be solid. Very little push up the middle. Sigh. I would mind a draft that goes. O line, D line, O line, D line, Oline, Dline.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

durability issues are raising their head in some draft corners there.... ??

Burrow is becoming iconic, Herbert and Tua look a tad on the risky side, Eason looks like a gambit (I'd be willing to take), and then there's guys like Jalen Hurts and/or Jordan Love, and.... Jake Fromm is falling out of first round consideration.... :0

and don't think Phil is going out to pasture quite yet, and yes.... AL could go down with the run first/mobile QB ship.
                  Agree with much of this. Burrow is my top QB right now. Just not high on Herbert and wonder how good Tua would be if his WRs weren't wide open all the time. They won't be in the NFL.
                  And Rivers will be here unless HE choses not to resign with the Chargers.

Comment

• pacstud
                    Black Belt Poster
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

well, lack of success is usually the metric for firing in the NFL.

Cleveland? We're Carson now. We have a handful of fans left. I'm wondering whether I will be the only one at the Green Bay game in a 2 weeks.
                    I haven't defended TT. I think his track record is poor overall and replacing him wouldn't be the worst thing. I do like Lynn though, and I hate to see a new GM fire the coach just because.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

McCoy should have been fired long before his last year.

BTW Jim Harbaugh May be available and he certainly fills the requirement of 12 wins and a pretty good playoff record.

And the replacement doesn’t have to be a 12 win coach, just someone without such flawed way of coaching than Lynn. Just listen to his postgame comments itself and it’s easy to see why he was a position coach for most of his career and barely a coordinator for one year before coming here.
                      Harbaugh has overseen the biggest dumpster fire in the BIG 10.

No offense, but judging a coach by pressers is THE dumbest thing there is. Well, it's top five for sure. None of us has a fucking clue as to how good or bad of a coach Lynn is. My opinion is that he's one of the better ones. It's hard to win as a coach when your stars are either hurt or shitting the bed. We are running out of toes to blast off. Self-inflicted damage is death in the NFL.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Harbaugh has overseen the biggest dumpster fire in the BIG 10.

No offense, but judging a coach by pressers is THE dumbest thing there is. Well, it's top five for sure. None of us has a fucking clue as to how good or bad of a coach Lynn is. My opinion is that he's one of the better ones. It's hard to win as a coach when your stars are either hurt or shitting the bed. We are running out of toes to blast off. Self-inflicted damage is death in the NFL.
                        It’s not that hard to tell how bad a coach, you can do it based on results and game decisions. Mike McCoy looked like an idiot after his 2nd season itself and it was obvious yet many people said the same thing about how “Oh we don’t know what goes in practices plus the entire roster is injured and another excuse yet another excuse and another excuse etc”.

If Lynn was fired, his career would go the exact same way as Mike McCoy’s....he would latch on somewhere as an assistant coach or coordinator for one year and then hit the unemployment line immediately afterwards.

The guy wasn’t qualified to become a HC in the first place as he was basically only a RBs coach for all of his nfl career.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It’s not that hard to tell how bad a coach, you can do it based on results and game decisions. Mike McCoy looked like an idiot after his 2nd season itself and it was obvious yet many people said the same thing about how “Oh we don’t know what goes in practices plus the entire roster is injured and another excuse yet another excuse and another excuse etc”.

If Lynn was fired, his career would go the exact same way as Mike McCoy’s....he would latch on somewhere as an assistant coach or coordinator for one year and then hit the unemployment line immediately afterwards.

The guy wasn’t qualified to become a HC in the first place as he was basically only a RBs coach for all of his nfl career.
                          Fair enough, I just think that's an ignorant take.

Comment

Working...
                          X