Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Who?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

Not me because Gus’s defense pretty much won that Playoff game against the Ravens last year and is really banged up this year.
      That's my take too. The Charger defense dominated in a road playoff game, just last January. I want to see Gus' defense with Derwin back and Adderley, on the field,
      as the prototypical single high safety. Next year, I guess.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

I hope your joking ....Lynn is a better Coordinator than HC .This may be an exciting time .
        Based on what? His decisions when over-riding Whiz as coordinator in critical situations have not impressed as of late.

I wanted Whiz gone, but I still hope Lynn is not the one in charge of being both HC and Coordinator.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

Not me because Gus’s defense pretty much won that Playoff game against the Ravens last year and is really banged up this year.
          The Ravens game was one of the FEW times Gus has actually come up with a coherent, effective game plan to neutralize an opposing team based on matchups...mainly neutralizing Lamar Jackson with that safety dime package...aside from that one game, all I've seen is a vanilla, mostly non-attacking, passive D that gets gashed for huge yardage again...and again...and...again...

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

the best thing about this is that this event means that someone in Chargers organization actually has opened their eyes and is admitting that this first half of this season is unacceptable!

Whether it was Lynn, TT, or Spanos....... or even Rivers...... someone put their foot down and said the way this offense was run was unacceptable.....

soon we will see if that means things will get bettor or get worse?

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...but...but...who's gonna go up the gut???
              For a nominal fee of 13 MIL a year he can do it all!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Ive been wanting him gone for years...... he has been calling the same bad plays for many years now...... when we hired Lynn i wanted both DC and OC gone, but Spanos never fires all of them ....does not want to eat that many guaranteed contracts.....
                Seriously predictable play calling. When as a fan I can sit watching the TV and predict 65%-70% of the plays you damn well better believe the opposing coaches know whats coming with much more clarity. That is where Whiz really lost it in my eyes is plain predictability.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                  the best thing about this is that this event means that someone in Chargers organization actually has opened their eyes and is admitting that this first half of this season is unacceptable!

Whether it was Lynn, TT, or Spanos....... or even Rivers...... someone put their foot down and said the way this offense was run was unacceptable.....

soon we will see if that means things will get bettor or get worse?
                  Yep! This is very uncharacteristic of this organization. I like the move.

And since it's mid season, when the offense is already struggling anyway, at least we get one element out of the equation prior to next season.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Seriously predictable play calling. When as a fan I can sit watching the TV and predict 65%-70% of the plays you damn well better believe the opposing coaches know whats coming with much more clarity. That is where Whiz really lost it in my eyes is plain predictability.
                    Exactly! Glad others have noticed this. It's gotten ridiculous. The offense has been figured out for a while now.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

For a nominal fee of 13 MIL a year he can do it all!
                      LOL...the off season for Gordon is going to look like a garage sale...the bidding will slowly go in reverse for him until he is forced to settle for around $6 mil a year for a one year "prove it" deal...with a team like the Fins...

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Who?
                        Dax Shephard's long lost cousin.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

got rid of the wrong guy.... coulda, woulda, shoulda sent MG packing after his initial tweet storm and before the reg season even started.

agree that Lynn is making a scapegoat out of the Whiz, and even tho never campaigned for Whisenhunt.... don't think he's to blame.

he lost both his very well paid starting LT and OC, and now Lamp.

he has a GM that passed on OC Eric McCoy for Tillery in the draft, and before that opted for a first round WR rather than LT in a prior year's draft.

this sentimentality/loyalty thing is going too far.... can understand why Lynn is loyal to Melvin Gordon, albeit question the merits there ??

personally think Lynn is seeing "ghosts" and is imagining pressure from the fans and/or FO, and when in reality there is not enough to warrant firing your fairly respectable former HC and now OC.

do think he will for all practical purposes be calling his own plays, and wish him luck in hiring his own OC, for if and when that transpires.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X