• Send PM

It's preseason.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Te'o was garbage... he was exposed as a flat footed react type MLB today and it was obvious. I was embarrased for him on the first Russel TD, when Russel deeked the throw, poor Te'o turned completely around to cover the receiver and Russell w a l k e d in and Teo had his back to him. He really looked JV out there today.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Te'o definitely needs to pick his game up.

Comment

• zoom
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
            Te'o was garbage... he was exposed as a flat footed react type MLB today and it was obvious. I was embarrased for him on the first Russel TD, when Russel deeked the throw, poor Te'o turned completely around to cover the receiver and Russell w a l k e d in and Teo had his back to him. He really looked JV out there today.
            The entire stadium laughed when Te'o got deeked. That drive was atrocious for Te'o and Williams.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

D was leaky dogshit burrito.

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                JFC, what kind of D is that?
                The kind I'm now glad I missed....I might have used a whole bottle of blood pressure pills last night.

Can we just keep in mind Seattle is the reigning world champs...and the Chargers are using a crew sprinkled with first and second year players that just met the measuring stick, and now knows how much work they have ahead of them?

Let see what they do from here on out, and how much it improves before we sack Pagano, ok?
                sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

FWIW, I wanted to sack Pagano each of the last two seasons.

I'm not reacting to the score. I'm not reacting to the loss. My eyes are open to the vanilla and that we played a bunch of scrubs against the SB champs.

I'm not seeing evidence of teaching individual players and units in terms of areas of fundamental deficiencies. If we can see such changes now on offense, why would we expect them to be invisible on D in the preseason and suddenly materialize at some point during the season when teaching takes a backseat to gameplanning?

I still think we're going to have a strong season. I still think we'll be improved on D with more talent and depth and key players back fron injury (knock on wood). But we're going to continue to struggle on 3rd downs, pass rush, stopping the run with authority and tackling. If we get injuries of the type we usually get, well...

I'm ok with our personnel. It's not world-beater, but its enough to be serviceable. But it needs to play at a higher level fundamentally, with more effort and more cohesively as units and as a team. Thats been my big complaint. And the one constant I see is Pags. I felt and feel even more strongly that he needs to go. This is about his track record and the signs I see for the season. It has nothing to do with last night's outcome.

I'm not being negative, just honest. I would love to be wrong and eating crow come season's end. Hell, I'll even send Pagano an apology letter if I am.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

it all starts up front- or is supposed to- but our DL has played like shit since Healthy Jamal left. I know there's a tendency to look at the top guy for blame, but the constant here is Don Johnson. He hasn't developed a single Dlineman since Rivera brought him in and can't even get consistent play out of high draft picks like Luiget and Reyes. I've said it since the end of last season and will keep saying it- DL coaching is the biggest problem on that side and they should have replaced Johnson in the offseason unless they wanted more of this crap getting dominated up front.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Charged up
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      JFC, what kind of D is that?

Not a big Pagano fan But every year for the last 5 years i've had to posted this...

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        FWIW, I wanted to sack Pagano each of the last two seasons.

I'm not reacting to the score. I'm not reacting to the loss. My eyes are open to the vanilla and that we played a bunch of scrubs against the SB champs.

I'm not seeing evidence of teaching individual players and units in terms of areas of fundamental deficiencies. If we can see such changes now on offense, why would we expect them to be invisible on D in the preseason and suddenly materialize at some point during the season when teaching takes a backseat to gameplanning?

I still think we're going to have a strong season. I still think we'll be improved on D with more talent and depth and key players back fron injury (knock on wood). But we're going to continue to struggle on 3rd downs, pass rush, stopping the run with authority and tackling. If we get injuries of the type we usually get, well...

I'm ok with our personnel. It's not world-beater, but its enough to be serviceable. But it needs to play at a higher level fundamentally, with more effort and more cohesively as units and as a team. Thats been my big complaint. And the one constant I see is Pags. I felt and feel even more strongly that he needs to go. This is about his track record and the signs I see for the season. It has nothing to do with last night's outcome.

I'm not being negative, just honest. I would love to be wrong and eating crow come season's end. Hell, I'll even send Pagano an apology letter if I am.
                        Ok, let's fire him Monday morning....now who do you replace him with?

Now the team is throwing away the defensive scheme they worked on all offseason, and now have to learn a new one on the fly...can we say complete disaster?

For better or worse, we are stuck with him for the time being....if the defense doesn't improve measurably this year, I'm with you on the 'fire him' bandwagon...ok?
                        sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                          Ok, let's fire him Monday morning....now who do you replace him with?

Now the team is throwing away the defensive scheme they worked on all offseason, and now have to learn a new one on the fly...can we say complete disaster?

For better or worse, we are stuck with him for the time being....if the defense doesn't improve measurably this year, I'm with you on the 'fire him' bandwagon...ok?
                          I didn't say fire him Monday. I agree that we're stuck with him for the season. If you go back to my first post in this thread, I made a 'bold prediction' that he would be fired [b]after[b] the season. So not sure where this is coming from.
                          Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 08-16-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X