• QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    Being from Ohio the Chargers are the West Coast Cleveland Browns;

1. They had Marty Shottenheimer as coach and never could win the big playoff game in Cleveland there was the Drive, and the Fumble lost both to Denver. In San Diego we lose to the Jets 2005 in OT, and New England in 2007 both home field playoff lost with Marty

2. Seem to mess up in the draft, in either drafting players too high, or trading picks and getting little value

3. Currently both Teams are 2-5

4. Fans love there teams, but combination of bad management, never getting a top tier coach, and just bad luck.
    5. The original franchise left the city

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Id take Schwartz at DC and a move to the 43 at this point. lol

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You may have Harbaugh and his staff available as well as Pegano's brother and the staff in Indy. I'd look at their OC for sure.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm fairly certain that whoever they pick it will be either a lateral move or a downgrade. But I don't think MM or TT gets fired. Pagano or Reich will take the fall first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
            I wonder if the defense's horrible performance yesterday was as much due to the absence of smart vets capable of making adjustments on the fly, to new looks presented by the offense. Weddle, and to a certain extent Te'o, seem to have been counted on by the coaches to make defensive calls and direct their teammates into positions to make plays, based upon what they see/saw on the field. Yesterday we had no Weddle and no Te'o. Who else on that defense puts in the film study, and is knowledgeable enough about alignments and strategy to do that? Ingram could be a leader, but the conjecture is that Weddle was talking about Melvin as someone not putting in the time in the film room to get better (and that seems to show on the field). Butler has no credibility with his teammates, the way he's been playing (if you call being on the field out of position playing). Flowers is a shell of himself, whether due to injury or advancing age. Liguet is a decent player, but not a vocal leader. In a few years, players like Verrett, Attaochu, Addae, Perryman and Emmanuel may someday develop into leaders, but right now they're still learning the basics and trying to figure out how to do their own jobs.

If we had drafted better in the last years of AJ, we'd have some veterans who could play and lead. Instead we wasted lots of picks on Larry English, Marcus Gilchrist, Jonas Mouton, Sharece Wright, and Vincent Brown. Gilchrist, Brown and Wright at least contributed for a few years, but none were worth keeping. When the few leaders we did draft got injured at the same time, we had no one to step up and take over.
            Been saying all along he has underachieved since e has been here. Some here keep saying the defense is better with him. All i see is a bad defense and he isnt making much difference. If we lose next week, we should look to trade him before the deadline and gain a draft pick. Some team will think he is a player. I know he is a FA after this season but who knows, a contender might think he puts them over the edge.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              You may have Harbaugh and his staff available as well as Pegano's brother and the staff in Indy. I'd look at their OC for sure.
              Which OC, Baltimore's? Isn't their OC Mark Trestman? I don't want that guy here.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Chuck Pagano is pretty much radioactive at this point. What GM/Owner wants to hire the guy responsible for the most famous fake punt in NFL history? Plus he presided over a team that seems to be underachieving (although you could blame that on the GM there). And what if Pagano (C) was hired and wants to pull a Marty and keep Pagano (J) on as the DC! Pep Hamilton is the OC in Indy and he has had success with Luck and Fleener at Stanford and in the NFL. Not sure how good he is away from those two guys. And his offense this year is not doing so well.

I doubt Harbaugh is let go in Baltimore. They have had quite a run, especially considering the free agency era the NFL operates in. He is a great coach and Newsome is a great GM. But every team (that does not CHEAT) has to reload at some point.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Somebody has to win that lousy AFC South.
                  I figure the Colts will get a little more pep in their step and win even if it's like 8-8 or something.

Plus, would we rather have Manusky again over J.Pagano?

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I'd love to hire Ozzie as GM.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      I'd love to hire Ozzie as GM.
                      That would be too much like doing the right thing getting a high tier GM and Coach

We went with the supposed next and up coming GM Teleso and Coach McCoy

Teleso got recognition because Indy was always in the playoffs, but looking back at his drafts with Indy he never addressed the Defense, just like now. Peyton Manning made everybody in the Indy organization look better than they were
                      McCoy got recognition for being OC with Denver when they had Kyle Orton\Tim Tebow not great QB's but they always had an Offensive line and a running game so the not so good QB's were a product of the system.
                      Coach McCoy may just be fit to be an OC not a Head Coach.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        That would be too much like doing the right thing getting a high tier GM and Coach

We went with the supposed next and up coming GM Teleso and Coach McCoy

Teleso got recognition because Indy was always in the playoffs, but looking back at his drafts with Indy he never addressed the Defense, just like now. Peyton Manning made everybody in the Indy organization look better than they were
                        McCoy got recognition for being OC with Denver when they had Kyle Orton\Tim Tebow not great QB's but they always had an Offensive line and a running game so the not so good QB's were a product of the system.
                        Coach McCoy may just be fit to be an OC not a Head Coach.
                        Meanwhile, Bruce Arians led the Colts to the playoffs, won Coach of the Year as an interim head coach, and was the front runner to come here. But the Chargers never even interviewed him, they quickly pulled the trigger on McCoy.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                          Meanwhile, Bruce Arians led the Colts to the playoffs, won Coach of the Year as an interim head coach, and was the front runner to come here. But the Chargers never even interviewed him, they quickly pulled the trigger on McCoy.
                          Both Arians and GM Keim (both candidates with the Chargers in 2013) got contract extensions in February.

Comment

Working...
                          X