• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Vikings are 9-4, so this is a very good team. This is not the Jags. This will be a real test of Rivers to see how he plays vs. a good team, especially in crunch time. If he can keep cool under pressure and not make too many mistakes, that's a good sign. Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his "Riverboat Gambler" Rivers style slinging up picks galore.
    We will loose by 7 or less like we always do

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Vikings are 9-4, so this is a very good team. This is not the Jags. This will be a real test of Rivers to see how he plays vs. a good team, especially in crunch time. If he can keep cool under pressure and not make too many mistakes, that's a good sign. Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his "Riverboat Gambler" Rivers style slinging up picks galore.
      This will also be a big test for TommyJohns o line and for our coaching staff.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Honestly, I think we'll probably do alright on the defensive side. (now watch us give up an incredible amount of yards and 38 points or something)

The Key is going to be protecting Rivers. Vikings can take the run away, unlike the Jags.

Living in the middle of Vikings country... the fans around here really like this team. They've been good too.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Lynn and his stupid secrecy again. Why not just tell us what happened and stop the speculation? It's not like people weren't going to find out eventually anyway.
          Agree, Nothing was gained by keeping the reason why out of the public on this incident.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Lynn likes to keep stuff 'in house'. I have no problem with that.

It's part of the reason the players love him, he doesn't throw people under the bus.

It can be frustrating as a fan, but he's got a job to do.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
              Lynn likes to keep stuff 'in house'. I have no problem with that.

It's part of the reason the players love him, he doesn't throw people under the bus.

It can be frustrating as a fan, but he's got a job to do.
              You can make a statement about what happened without throwing a player under the bus. Everybody knew it would leak out and it did less than 24 hours.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

If the Chargers lose another close competitive game who cares. Especially if it helps another team bump the Rams out of a playoff spot. The Rams are playoff contenders this year by a hair. They went out and brought in good players. The Chargers did not and this makes me angry. I want the Rams to not make the playoffs. Although if they do somehow, it will verify my belief that you have to bring in good players at times to help you win. The Chargers rarely do this and continue to struggle with making the playoffs or going deep into them

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
                  If the Chargers lose another close competitive game who cares. Especially if it helps another team bump the Rams out of a playoff spot. The Rams are playoff contenders this year by a hair. They went out and brought in good players. The Chargers did not and this makes me angry. I want the Rams to not make the playoffs. Although if they do somehow, it will verify my belief that you have to bring in good players at times to help you win. The Chargers rarely do this and continue to struggle with making the playoffs or going deep into them
                  The Chargers are in a great position to help the Rams make the playoffs. If the Chargers beat the Vikes and the Rams beat the Cowboys, the Rams move ahead of the Vikes for the NFC sixth seed. But do the Spamnoses want to help the Rams open their shared stadium next season coming off three consecutive playoff seasons while the Chargers are a miserable failure? Not saying the Spamnoses would have the team tank purposely at all, I don't think any NFL owner would, no HC would accept such a demand, I don't buy into conspiracy theories about teams deliberately tanking. But it has to be on the Samnoses' minds this week.
                  Last edited by Velo; 12-09-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Chargers are in a great position to help the Rams make the playoffs. If the Chargers beat the Vikes and the Rams beat the Cowboys, the Rams move ahead of the Vikes for the NFC sixth seed. But do the Spamnoses want to help the Rams open their shared stadium next season coming off three consecutive playoff seasons while the Chargers are a miserable failure? Not saying the Spamnoses would have the team tank purposely at all, I don't think any NFL owner would, no HC would accept such a demand, I don't buy into conspiracy theories about teams deliberately tanking. But it has to be on the Samnoses' minds this week.
                    This is the only way the Chargers can repay the Rams for the stadium.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

They have been missing WR Adan Thielen for a few games and his 6 TDs in 8 games. Kirk Cousins seems spotty on the road. This could be an upset. Okung is back so Rivers doesn't have to thorw the ball in 1 sec like before and he is losing his mind less.

I could see a win here or another heartbreaking loss. Could see them playing just well enough so Telesco or Lynn/ Bradley don't get fired and we go through the same cycle next year.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                        They have been missing WR Adan Thielen for a few games and his 6 TDs in 8 games. Kirk Cousins seems spotty on the road. This could be an upset. Okung is back so Rivers doesn't have to thorw the ball in 1 sec like before and he is losing his mind less.

I could see a win here or another heartbreaking loss. Could see them playing just well enough so Telesco or Lynn/ Bradley don't get fired and we go through the same cycle next year.
                        Telesco, Lynn and Bradley are not getting fired even if we get blown out.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Sadly enough

Comment

Working...
                          X