• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Tierod was brought in as a backup a very overpayed backup.We drafted Stick so let em play some and see if he's learned anything yet.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Tierod was brought in as a backup a very overpayed backup.We drafted Stick so let em play some and see if he's learned anything yet.
      If there is a chance this is Rivers' last year with the Chargers, I'm sure they let him finish out the season out of respect at the very least.

Even if we are up by a billion, it's probably going to be Tyrod time if anything.

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

We’re 5-9 with Rivers amassing >20 turnovers.

Stop with the “the sky will fall without Rivers here”. It already has. Assuming we lose to KC, that’s 10 losses on a pretty darn easy schedule.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          can't get onboard here as do think regrouping w/Phil is our best bet heading into Hollywood Park.

we need to replace MG3 w/early talent in the draft, and ditto for someone @slot receiver.... there is also ample talent @CB in this draft, as we could use some depth there.

if we move on from Okung, Mebane, Thomas Davis and Tyrod, we add $37m in cap space to are already projected $54m.... would prefer to address the Oline in FA first and foremost, along w/NT.
          IMO rivers is done. drop him and you have TONS of cap space. You lose 1 guy to gain the cap you'd get by dropping those other guys, who you'd have to replace as well. You drop rivers it's 1 hole to replace versus 3 or 4 holes.
          And I am not in the notion to replace MG with an early round talent. we already have 2 pretty darn good RBs that were NOT early rd pix. we have much bigger needs than to pick a RB in the early rounds. maybe pick up a bruiser back in the late rounds or UDFA.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            So Lynn's plan has been successful, he is getting rid of Rivers and finally having his boy play QB...

Anyway, the guy couldnt keep his job in Buffalo and couldnt earn the job in Cleveland... not a good sign to me.
            Lynn really pulled for his old Buffalo Buddy, Cardale, to win the starting job; when that didn't work out, he is now trying to help his other Buffalo Buddy, Tie Rod...now that Matt Barkley is playing second fiddle to Josh Allen for the Bills, maybe he's next up in the Buffalo Buddy pipeline...
            Last edited by Topcat; 12-17-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lynn really pulled for his old Buffalo Buddy, Cardale, to win the starting job; when that didn't work out, he is now trying to help his other Buffalo Buddy, Tie Rod...now that Matt Barkley is playing second fiddle to Josh Allen for the Bills, maybe he's next up in the Buffalo Buddy pipeline...
              He pulled for Cardale to win the starting job? Seriously?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He pulled for Cardale to win the starting job? Seriously?
                Loyal Lynn kept Cardale on the roster about two years longer than he would have stuck with most clubs...no secret Lynn wants a more mobile QB...I'm guessing he was hoping to groom Cardale to take over after this season when Rivers's deal runs out...when it became apparent Jones wasn't progressing that much after two years with the team, I think that's when they decided to draft Stick and acquire TieRod for insurance...

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Loyal Lynn kept Cardale on the roster about two years longer than he would have stuck with most clubs...no secret Lynn wants a more mobile QB...I'm guessing he was hoping to groom Cardale to take over after this season when Rivers's deal runs out...when it became apparent Jones wasn't progressing that much after two years with the team, I think that's when they decided to draft Stick and acquire TieRod for insurance...
                  Yep. Cardale never got a chance. But you saw the more reps he got, he slightly improved. Didn’t he complete 70% of his passes in preseason? I’m sure Lynn saw something in practice we didn’t see on the field. He looked pretty accurate last QB challenge.

If we decide to let Rivers and Gordon go, and use all that cap + draft picks to solidify the O-line and D-line, ride out Tyrod and Stick this year, see what we have in them, then draft a QB next season.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

You just post some of the most random stuff, especially anything relating to QBs. Cardale was a 3rd string QB one year, on the practice squad the next and then cut before the season. He was a project because of his physical upside but never going to be Rivers replacement. Smith was our backup last year and Taylor this year. Stick is another project with upside - much less physical skill than Jones, but a much better passer.

Comment

• Protect17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

The minute they hired Lynn I knew right away it was over .Telesco is a joke of A GM .

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                        The minute they hired Lynn I knew right away it was over .Telesco is a joke of A GM .
                        Who would you rather have hired if you were GM? Vance Joseph? Lynn made sense at the time. He turned the same exact roster MM had to a 9-7 then eventually 12-4 team.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You just post some of the most random stuff, especially anything relating to QBs. Cardale was a 3rd string QB one year, on the practice squad the next and then cut before the season. He was a project because of his physical upside but never going to be Rivers replacement. Smith was our backup last year and Taylor this year. Stick is another project with upside - much less physical skill than Jones, but a much better passer.
                          Whenever a team acquires a player, the eventual hope is that he will become a starter, or at least a capable backup. The fact that Cardale stuck around so long is, I think, due to Loyal Lynn's desire to groom him into an eventual starter, or at least as a solid backup. Cardale has all the physical tools you look for--but his decision-making was just not what you want to see in a starter. He did improve a bit towards the end, but not enough to warrant keeping him on longer. They must see more upside in Stick, or they wouldn't have drafted him.

Comment

Working...
                          X