• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

OT: Fantasy Football

Question. 1 point per reception league. I trade Edelman and get back Keenan. No brainer am i right?
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Question. 1 point per reception league. I trade Edelman and get back Keenan. No brainer am i right?
    :no brains logo:
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Yea he accepted. Edelman was my 3rd WR behind Marshall/Andre Johnson. Ill use Allen in my flex.

Comment

Do you guys think Carlos Hyde will be getting more carries than Gore this season? I have Gore & Hyde is available as a FA. It would be tough dropping Gore for a rookie though, but I think Hyde is going to have a monster season.

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

OT: Fantasy Football

I have the 9th position in a 10-person standard league with snaking order progression. Would it be ridiculous to take Rivers with my second (#12 overall) pick? I see some pundits recommending not taking him before the 8th round. As much as I hate to burn a pick as high as my second on him, I am afraid that if I don't, one of my homer colleagues will take him prior to my selecting him with my 3rd (#29 overall)----the rationale being that most everyone who didn't grab a top QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds will most likely have already gotten their RB or WR & will be looking for the "next best QB". This is a major dilemma for me, because I can't stand NOT having PR on my team when the season starts.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Do not take him that early. QBs simply are devalued when there's such few owners. I wouldn't take a QB till all your other positions are filled.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

In non Charger fan fantasy drafts Rivers is there in the 10th round, it's crazy.

He was a top 5-6 fantasy QB last year and now everyone seems to have him at 15-17. Stupid.

I'm with Beer, there is too much value at the 12th pick to go for Rivers...if you do it it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the draft shakes out.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

The thing about Rivers is that his numbers dropped a bit when they started running it so much. A lot of the fantasy guys predict his usage this year based on that. I think he'll be somewhere in the middle.

Qb 7/8. Efficient, but may not have many 400 yard games this year.

Comment

• Maverick
                  (Coryellian)
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Point Loma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  The thing about Rivers is that his numbers dropped a bit when they started running it so much. A lot of the fantasy guys predict his usage this year based on that. I think he'll be somewhere in the middle.

Qb6/7.
                  Agree he is probably QB6/7......but the problem I see is that Stafford & Ryan might go off the board in Rds 2 & 3 respectively.....& if that happens, people may panic & take Rivers before I pick at #29. Plus, I don't want to get stuck with Kaepernick or worse at that point. That being said, I still might chance it (waiting until 29, that is).

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

We play some tough D's. I think thats one reason he is being drafted late. I still think hes a top 7 QB at the end of the year. But if im drafting a qb at 12 its one of the big 3.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Don't play FF like a homer.

There are good quarterbacks you can get much later on.

Comment

• Maverick
                        (Coryellian)
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Point Loma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Don't play FF like a homer.

There are good quarterbacks you can get much later on.
                        I know...lol....just not as much fun without Rivers on my team.....& Woodhead.

Plus, in our league, there always seems to be a run on QBs in the 3rd round for some reason, which is why I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                        X