• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

To clarify: Broncos dealt Edge Bradley Chubb to Miami, recouping the 1st Round pick and the 26th overall in the 2023 draft.
    26 Denver (from San Francisco thru Miami)
    Ah, forgot about that trade. Still, not sure if Payton, who can afford to be picky about his destination, would want to go through a rebuild. But maybe he thinks he can fix Wilson - coaches have egos too.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I posted this elsewhere, but the Raiders are barely alive, need a win out vs. SF and KC, and the right combination of losses by Jets, Dolphins, Patriots and Steelers.
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~1~401437934~1
      The Raiders are the only team projected to run the table in that scenario, yet their final two teams are 49ers and the Chiefs. The Jets, Patriots, and Dolphins are projected to go 0-6. That's alot to swallow.

It will be clearer after next Sunday and begin to sort itself out.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

The other thing I've noticed about the defense... Staley has taken a lot of the LB reads off of their plates. The LB's are playing faster (especially K9) and the run defense has been much better. Breiden Fehoko deserves props for the job he has been doing in Austin Johnson's absence. And I don't know if anyone noticed Tyler Davidson on the 4th-and-1 stop last night... he timed the snap and blew up the OG. Apparently, TT found guys that fit the scheme rather than spending FA money (which we didn't have) on fan favorites with name-recognition...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Exactly! WR's find open spots in the zone... whether that is at the sticks or 2 yards before. After the catch, it's the WR's job to get those extra yards.
          If a DB is allowing a WR to catch @the sticks... they are not doing their job.

BTW... one of my favorite plays was the ASJ interception. He came from the outside CB position to undercut the route. He was able to do this because he could release from his outside assignment (safety help over the top). QB was watching the deep safety but not noticing what ASJ was doing. Beautiful coverage design... something we heard about when Staley got hired. Disguising coverages may pay-off in the playoffs. The defense is peaking at the right time.
          Agree but the complainers say Foles gave us those gimme plays and lucky for us lol. Wow

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

The other thing I've noticed about the defense... Staley has taken a lot of the LB reads off of their plates. The LB's are playing faster (especially K9) and the run defense has been much better.
            Murray is a like a new man and he’s having fun and he’s hitting people.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              So... Raiders' HC Josh McDaniels "isn't ruling out" benching Derek Carr.

Raiders coach Josh McDaniels doesn't dismiss possibility of benching QB Derek Carr (nfl.com)

This, along with the Bolts ​getting into the postseason?!? Merry Christmas to all!
              If the Raiders bench Carr in the final two weeks, it could signal their intent to move on from the veteran this offseason. The three-year extension Carr signed in the offseason came with a trigger that would guarantee roughly $33 million for 2023 unless the Raiders cut him before Feb. 15 -- a cap hit of just $5.6 million would be left if they move on. Any severe injury in the final two weeks would keep Vegas on the hook for the guarantee.

If Carr gets injured in the next two games, the Raiders are on-the-hook for paying him $33 million in 2023. Whereas, they can phase him out slowly for a cap hit of $5.6 million.

If I'm McDaniels, I make sure Carr never plays another down for the organization.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Ah, forgot about that trade. Still, not sure if Payton, who can afford to be picky about his destination, would want to go through a rebuild. But maybe he thinks he can fix Wilson - coaches have egos too.
                Sean already named fangio his DC, he’s not going to denver unless he gets a different DC…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree but the complainers say Foles gave us those gimme plays and lucky for us lol. Wow
                  Same guys that told us injuries are just an excuse...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Murray is a like a new man and he’s having fun and he’s hitting people.
                    He's playing faster and having fun being an impact player!

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lombo has been trying to force Herbie to pass the rock short like Brees did, especially his last few years before retirement when he had a semi-noodle arm...meanwhile, Herbie has a gun of an arm and can make ALL the passes, not just those 5-yd. stick routes short of the first down marker...
                      The reason we're seeing all the short passes is because teams are playing the two deep safety defense that Fangio used to succeed. Notice that teams we are playing are also throwing all that short stuff. The deep passes are not available against this defense. Teams try about one deep pass per half against this Fangio defense and it only works when a DB trips or slips down.

Go to this link and watch the video. This guy does a great job of explaining it.

What a breath of fresh air. I have really enjoyed his press conferences after each day of the draft. He clearly has a vision for what he wants and the detailed traits he is looking for in each position on the field. His football IQ is off the charts and he has a very clear way of articulating things. I know he has not coached a
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Sean already named fangio his DC, he’s not going to denver unless he gets a different DC…
                        If neither we nor Dallas are options this offseason I see Payton staying at FOX for another year. Could turn into a Bill Cowher situation where the right opportunity just never comes.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

The other thing I've noticed about the defense... Staley has taken a lot of the LB reads off of their plates. The LB's are playing faster (especially K9) and the run defense has been much better. Breiden Fehoko deserves props for the job he has been doing in Austin Johnson's absence. And I don't know if anyone noticed Tyler Davidson on the 4th-and-1 stop last night... he timed the snap and blew up the OG. Apparently, TT found guys that fit the scheme rather than spending FA money (which we didn't have) on fan favorites with name-recognition...
                          In other words, the defense doesn’t revolve around Derwin anymore.

I’ll let everyone fill in the gaps from there as to what the hell happened with him last night. Maybe it was Jamrock that was thinking the same thing I am about this. I didn’t notice much of a falloff when he was out.

Comment

Working...
                          X