• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If you can see us winning against KC, then you should be able to envision us beating Jax. Our loss to Jax was an aberration. That was our "whatever can wrong will go wrong" game. We're a better team than them.

I'm not paying a 1st round pick for a guy that encouraged dirty hits on other players. He's done nothing without Brees.
    It was also Herbs first game after his rib injury so he was limited.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      As I watched the Steelers (how great a coach is Tomlin?) and Ravens just kill each other last night, I thought about Lamar Jackson and how much money and guaranteed money he wants. I think it will be terrible for both him and the Ravens if they don't make a deal. Bad for the Ravens because they will have to totally change their entire offense, including the players and bad for Jackson because the team he goes to will either have to take the time to totally build the offense around him like the Ravens did or arrogantly think they don't need to and he will flame out. I don't think Jackson has the leverage he maybe thinks he does. He is great but is only great on that team. And he gets hurt a lot. Don't blame him a bit for wanting what Watson and Wilson got from their idiot teams. But he wont get it.

TG
      Lamar has missed multiple games with injuries 2 years in a row now. Missed 1 in 2020. Has only thrown for 3000+ yards once, zero playoff wins.

The running QB's careers wont be long. Hurts and Fields run too often but Hurts is a much better passer than both Lamar and Fields.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

What if a piece of a Chinese satellite breaks away and falls to earth crushing Patrick Mahomes? What if dogs rise up and take over the earth? How about if time travel is decoded tomorrow and someone goes back in time and takes all the Oreos out of vending machines?

Here is what happens if the chargers lose in the first round:
        1. We will all be down hearted. How could we not?
        2. Staley and Herbert learn a ton about the playoffs
        3. The team gets over it and is excited about the future
        4. Those in our board community who seemingly are never happy, always find the cloud in the silver lining, can’t get over the team leaving San Diego, think they know better than a seasoned front office and coaching staff will take over all the threads and be at their most unhappy happiest.

My advice? Just enjoy this friend. Chargers are relevant. Chargers are playing well at the right time. My brother is a Vikings fan. Feels very different about his team.

peace

TG

Considering all this team has been through this year as far as injuries go, this should be good enough. For THIS year. We are playing another week longer than 18 other teams. Just enjoy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It was also Herbs first game after his rib injury so he was limited.
          Chargers were banged up coming in due to the Thursday night game in K.C..

The first few regular season games are when defenses play the fastest and hit the hardest - Phil Simms.
          Limited contact in preseason and lack of recovery time from the opening game probably greatly enhanced their post game overall soreness.

Just my guess: the entire team didn't recover adequately for Jacksonville.

The Chiefs lost to Indy that same day. Boltnut was scratching his head attempting to explain why a few weeks ago.

Keenan Allen did not play.
          The injury report (i just checked) had Linsley as doubtful & Pipkens as questionable;
          If they did play, they were hobbled.

Bosa and Slater went down in that game: Bosa in the 1rst half, Slater early 2nd half?

It was a complete shit fest.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

All of these are favorable outcomes.
            Not at all a good analogy to a soul crushing Charger playoff loss.

What if Tom Telesco gets caught shop lifting, and John Spanos replaces him?
            What if Dean Spanos is bled dry in legal fees and needs to squeeze more money out of this franchise?:goofylol:
            here’s a what if, what if dean spanos IRS troubles force him to sell the team? He then uses his share of the sale $ to become a minority owner of the team he and his father originally wanted to buy (the raiders)?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Trumpet Man
              Dea Spanos my HERO
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

What if a piece of a Chinese satellite breaks away and falls to earth crushing Patrick Mahomes? What if dogs rise up and take over the earth? How about if time travel is decoded tomorrow and someone goes back in time and takes all the Oreos out of vending machines?

Here is what happens if the chargers lose in the first round:
              1. We will all be down hearted. How could we not?
              2. Staley and Herbert learn a ton about the playoffs
              3. The team gets over it and is excited about the future
              4. Those in our board community who seemingly are never happy, always find the cloud in the silver lining, can’t get over the team leaving San Diego, think they know better than a seasoned front office and coaching staff will take over all the threads and be at their most unhappy happiest.

My advice? Just enjoy this friend. Chargers are relevant. Chargers are playing well at the right time. My brother is a Vikings fan. Feels very different about his team.

peace

TG

Solid

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

here’s a what if, what if dean spanos IRS troubles force him to sell the team? He then uses his share of the sale $ to become a minority owner of the team he and his father originally wanted to buy (the raiders)?
                Alex wanted to buy the 49ers

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

NFL Week 18: Titans-Jaguars game flexed to Saturday night with AFC South title on the line

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-week-18...045256082.html

The Jacksonville Jaguars will host the Tennessee Titans on Saturday night to conclude a doubleheader this coming weekend. The winner of that game will win the AFC South and earn a spot in the postseason, where the victor will host a game over wild-card weekend.

Saturday's game will follow the Kansas City Chiefs’ contest at the Las Vegas Raiders. Both games will be on ESPN.

My notes: The games are at 4:30 and 8:15 pm ET. The NFL says that the rest of the week 18 schedule "will be announced during or immediately after" tonight's game.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Alex wanted to buy the 49ers
                    Yup. The old man Spanos lived in Stockton up in Northern Cali.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Perfect! I already dont like the Raiders and the Spanos clan. Johnboy can be the GM of that team and id love it.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

C'mon man - Staley coached them to the playoffs in a season of heavy injuries.
                        Staley deserves his props. He made a believer out of me. We've had a good 4-game run, at just the right time. He's earned another year, at least. There, I said it.

As for the rest of the coaching staff...Since we're in the playoffs, I can't think of a scenario, aside from coaches leaving to pursue another opportunity, where most, if not all, of the staff, including Lombardi, is retained. There hasn't been much talk here about the OL coach...is he a candidate for a coaching upgrade?

But this is talk for after the season. Let's beat Denver and secure that #5 seed. That's all that matters to me at this point.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If you can see us winning against KC, then you should be able to envision us beating Jax. Our loss to Jax was an aberration. That was our "whatever can wrong will go wrong" game. We're a better team than them.

I'm not paying a 1st round pick for a guy that encouraged dirty hits on other players. He's done nothing without Brees.
                          You are underestimating a very good Jax team. Past month Jax > KC

Comment

Working...
                          X