• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't matter now.

And Steichen would of still been an asst coach. Only when Whiz was fired would he be promoted to OC. I don't think anything would of changed.

Lynn would still get fired and started Tyrod over Hurts and say Hurts was a backup for a reason. I don't think Hurts is a better QB than Herbert. He just runs a lot. 165 times last season and got an injured shoulder from it. He won't last doing that every season.
    Steichen was the Chargers' full-time OC in 2020 when Herbert/Hurts were rookies. He'd been elevated on an interim basis in 2019 when Whiz was fired. Don't you think Hurts is much more of the type of QB Lynn would've coveted though? More dangerous as a runner than a passer? Anyway, Herbert is the better QB hands down IMO. Yeah, I see Hurts with his style oft-inured like Lamar Jackson. The Chargers just need to put it all together for Herbert like the Eagles have done for Hurts in 'Delphia.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Steichen was the Chargers' full-time OC in 2020 when Herbert/Hurts were rookies. He'd been elevated on an interim basis in 2019 when Whiz was fired. Don't you think Hurts is much more of the type of QB Lynn would've coveted though? More dangerous as a runner than a passer? Anyway, Herbert is the better QB hands down IMO. Yeah, I see Hurts with his style oft-inured like Lamar Jackson. The Chargers just need to put it all together for Herbert like the Eagles have done for Hurts in 'Delphia.
      I said that.

I think Lynn just wanted a QB that wasn't a statue like Rivers was. He had no escape ability.
      Maybe Hurts cracks some ribs while running and he won't be able to move much next season like Herbert.

I'm actually a lot more upbeat about the offense with Moore here over Lombo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

The current Herbert thread goes all the way back to the day he was drafted and if you read the first 100 or so posts, I think there were more who mentioned Love than Hurts in reference to drafting Simmons first then getting a QB. Love was drafted at 26; Hurts at 53. If Telesco had drafted Simmons at 6, he would've had to work the same trade with the Patriots to get back into the first round high enough to get Love, who went three picks after Telesco took Murray at 23. Hurts would've been available at 37 in the 2nd round had Telesco not traded the pick.

What would you rather have? Simmons and Hurts or Herbert and Murray? The Chargers would also have had a 3rd pick in that draft if they had gone the Simmons/Hurts route. And Shane Steichen would've been Hurts' OC if the Chargers had drafted him.
        I’ll take Herbie and no one, thank you very much.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ll take Herbie and no one, thank you very much.
          I really liked Burrow but knew we weren't going to trade up for him. Probably couldn't anyways since Cinci wanted him.
          I'm good with Herbert. Now we have a better OC and he has some weapons and a better OL with more experience with better depth.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Wasn't
            Even
            There
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Wow. TT - sign the Monster Leg of the Mesa, the Punt God!

Having once been accused of having relations with a young lady most thought to be less than attractive … ok, thats not the same at all. And it was true. That is some seriously fucked up wicked evil stuff to ruin his life to try and make a buck. Its not he said she said - they got fucking video and lots of it. Sounds like every witness present all say exactly the same thing - she was a little whore getting herself banged all over the party for kicks.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Wow. TT - sign the Monster Leg of the Mesa, the Punt God!

Having once been accused of having relations with a young lady most thought to be less than attractive … ok, thats not the same at all. And it was true. That is some seriously fucked up wicked evil stuff to ruin his life to try and make a buck. Its not he said she said - they got fucking video and lots of it. Sounds like every witness present all say exactly the same thing - she was a little whore getting herself banged all over the party for kicks.
                  Yeah, she seems like a real gem. IIRC, it was reported he did have sex with her before the rape supposedly occured and was underage (but lied about it) so the optics still aren't great for him it did absolutely ruin his life.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yeah, she seems like a real gem. IIRC, it was reported he did have sex with her before the rape supposedly occured and was underage (but lied about it) so the optics still aren't great for him it did absolutely ruin his life.
                    Eh, someone will sign him. Tyreek is still playing, Ben had a long career.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

The current Herbert thread goes all the way back to the day he was drafted and if you read the first 100 or so posts, I think there were more who mentioned Love than Hurts in reference to drafting Simmons first then getting a QB. Love was drafted at 26; Hurts at 53. If Telesco had drafted Simmons at 6, he would've had to work the same trade with the Patriots to get back into the first round high enough to get Love, who went three picks after Telesco took Murray at 23. Hurts would've been available at 37 in the 2nd round had Telesco not traded the pick.

What would you rather have? Simmons and Hurts or Herbert and Murray? The Chargers would also have had a 3rd pick in that draft if they had gone the Simmons/Hurts route. And Shane Steichen would've been Hurts' OC if the Chargers had drafted him.
                      Ooohhhh.....that is a very interesting question.
                      I absolutely love JH. Best Charger since LT......BUT if he'd never been here, I'd be just as big a JH( Jalen Hurts) fan.
                      And you're right, TT didn't have to grab Herbert but he did, so definite kudos on the pick.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I remember several posters here wanting Telesco to trade for Robbie Anderson last season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...and-direction/

Receiver Chosen Anderson, formerly known as Robbie Anderson, elected to change his name after last season.

Anderson went through a tumultuous 2022, as he was traded from the Panthers to the Cardinals after getting into a sideline shouting match with an assistant coach in October.

Anderson then caught just seven passes for 76 yards in 10 games with Arizona through the rest of the year.

Anderson is now with the Dolphins, telling reporters on Tuesday that he felt like he had instant chemistry with head coach Mike McDaniel. But when asked about his name change, he didn’t share many details on how it came about.

“I want to keep it intimate but it was a positive thing,” Anderson said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “It’s something I’m very grateful for and something I feel strongly about. This is my new era and direction. Kind of like a foundational thing moving forward for my generations.”

And while he and the Cardinals did not have much on-field success in 2022, Anderson said that being in Arizona “was a very peaceful time for me.”

“I found a lot of peace being out there,” he said. [The fallout and trade] was disappointing but it is what it is. But I grew from it and that’s what molded me to be where I am today.”

Anderson, who turned 30 on Tuesday, has a shot at being Miami’s No. 3 receiver behind Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. His best season came in 2020 when he caught 95 passes for 1,096 yards with three touchdowns. But his production took a significant dip in 2021 when he caught 53 passes for 519 yards with five TDs.

He had a total of 20 receptions for 282 yards with one touchdown in 16 games between the Panthers and Cardinals last year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

fuck the optics, he deserves justice. he's fine - he was a college kid who had sex at a party, thats not a "NEWS AT 11" headline. it appears she came on to him and he didn't say no. she told everyone investigators could find that she was 18. i think they even have it being said on videos from that night.

His life ruined, what happens to her - she may not win her moneysuit? she should be put in jail.

Comment

Working...
                          X