• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

While this is technically true, we're depending / relying on optimal conditions, without an adequate fallback position. This is very poor planning and should be corrected . . . . . . . . . . 1 sprained ankle for either of these guys and our D goes from below average to mediocre . . . . . . . . and puts that much more pressure on the offense to carry the team.

What's frustrating is they seem to have the means ($$$'s) to fix at least the edge backup position - but have chosen not to (yet) . . . . . .
    That is an opinion, not a fact.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

That is an opinion, not a fact.
      Yes but logical. If we know you can bet the entire league knows it too and will turn the knife deeply into weakest points.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Yes but logical. If we know you can bet the entire league knows it too and will turn the knife deeply into weakest points.
        Lol, thats dramatic. We’re the only team that lacks 4-deep backups at every position? Shit, i guess you guys are right and we suck.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I want more depth at Edge for rotation, not so much for injury protection. I always notice the rush is way better early in a game and gets slower as the game ticks by. I think you really need to have enough good people to rotate more - give your best rushers more rest so they are still getting after the QB late in the game. Maybe we already have four good ones and I just don't know it? But, that means we're depending on Rumph and a rookie to be very good. Seems like a long shot to me.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, thats dramatic. We’re the only team that lacks 4-deep backups at every position? Shit, i guess you guys are right and we suck.
            Last year was an obvious lesson to management this team need better edge depth. Bosa being on the field is not reliable and we saw what happened when an aging Mack was neutralized by double teams. Rumph is nothing, cant play the run and has 3 sacks in 2 years. Tuli is a rookie.

That is not backing your bet to contend in a very tough AFC where you have to get pressure on a plethora of killer QBs.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I want more depth at Edge for rotation, not so much for injury protection. I always notice the rush is way better early in a game and gets slower as the game ticks by. I think you really need to have enough good people to rotate more - give your best rushers more rest so they are still getting after the QB late in the game. Maybe we already have four good ones and I just don't know it? But, that means we're depending on Rumph and a rookie to be very good. Seems like a long shot to me.
              Good points, depth is not only for injury protection but to keep rushers fresh deep into the season and within games.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                ^ This...anyone else notice how gassed Bosa gets around the middle of the 4th quarter? Definitely need depth...Tuli was a step in the right direction, but signing KVN would help...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Good points, depth is not only for injury protection but to keep rushers fresh deep into the season and within games.
                  In addition, older players get worn down as the season progresses.
                  They can evade season ending injuries and still not be effective in January.

Does anyone have K. Mack's plays per game from last year? He seemed to be out there a lot.

They probably need to reduce his playing time this year: 1 sack & 19 tackles his last 8 regular season games.

His stats from the playoff game looked okay: but he did next to nothing in the 2nd half.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Danielle Hunter available for trade.
                    we have a connection to Minnesota already
                    I realize we have to pay Herbert soon, but he fits the Staley D and still in his prime.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Hunter and Cook for a WR ?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Was anybody ever scared of Frank Clark the last 2 years...? 4.5 sacks in 2021. 5 sacks in 2022.
                        Get a hold of yourselves, people.

Let's see what Rumph and Tui become.
                        Herbert's contract looms. The old guys will be out. The young guys will have to step up.
                        Clark would have been an excellent get as a rotational / backup player . . . . . . . . No-one's scared about anyone's backups - but he'd have been much better than what we currently have (at backup).

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Rumph is still getting stronger/bigger. I liked him in college. Keep working on pass rush moves.
                          Tuli...? We'll see. He has the strength and size already.
                          If/when Bosa/Mack get hurt... Unsigned KVN could come in and do more than Frank Clark.
                          Agreed - I'd rather have Van Noy than Clark as well . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X