• Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

just for RBs?

overall I like the rookie contract caps, they were obscenely out of whack before they implemented them.
    Agreed . . . . . . . . . the rookie pay scale was ridiculous (Sam Bradford anyone?) and a slotted system was absolutely necessary - but that was in regards to draft position. RB's having a very short shelf life, in conjunction with the need to pay QB's, and WR's, LT's, etc to enhance the QB's abilities, megabucks is what have done in the RB salary's . . . . .

I love Austin Eckler, but I would be pitching a fit if ownership gave him a 5 year 50mil guaranteed contract . . . . . . That would be very poor resource allocation in todays NFL.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't think the Jets are going to be as good as they think. I believe Bills and Dolphins will battle for the No. 1 seed.

The Bengals will win the AFC North.

Jax No. 1 seed? No.

Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos Raiders in the West.

Browns as a wildcard. Maybe, why not?
      I think the Jets are going to seriously regret the entire AR deal . . . . . . and I bet Rogers will NOT like New York. If things don't go well the media there will not treat him with kid gloves (unlike GB). It'll be interesting to see how this plays out . . . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

All I care about with training camp is that we come out of it healthy . . . . . . . . .
        That's #1.
        We have to cut from 90 to 53 on Aug 29. Gotta get that right.
        It would be nice if the coaches can get the lines, O and D working like well oiled machines.
        Pads and helmets are when things get serious.Trenches gotta be tight and right vs Miami and on.

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

Agreed . . . . . . . . . the rookie pay scale was ridiculous (Sam Bradford anyone?) and a slotted system was absolutely necessary - but that was in regards to draft position. RB's having a very short shelf life, in conjunction with the need to pay QB's, and WR's, LT's, etc to enhance the QB's abilities, megabucks is what have done in the RB salary's . . . . .

I love Austin Eckler, but I would be pitching a fit if ownership gave him a 5 year 50mil guaranteed contract . . . . . . That would be very poor resource allocation in todays NFL.
          Sam Bradford suffered a knee injury that he never came back from. What the rams paid him was ridiculous. I saw the kid play at Oklahoma. My best friend had season tickets and a ranch outside Cherokee. We'd go back there and fish in his three ponds and take in home games. Bradford had the best arm and accuracy out of any QB that came out of college at that time, what did him in was the knee injury. To be honest, the accuracy and the way Herbert can lay the ball into recievers hands reminds me of Sam Bradford.

I'm pleased with Eckler as well and glad they didn't allow him to slide through their hands. Seem like the Chargers players that leave always seem to hook up on other teams who end up going to the playoffs. Some get lucky and even win a couple championships..Harrison for one..
          Last edited by colorado; 06-16-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Nothing but time on my hands
            • Send PM

I don't think the Jets are going to be as good as they think. I believe Bills and Dolphins will battle for the No. 1 seed.

The Bengals will win the AFC North.

Jax No. 1 seed? No.

Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos Raiders in the West.

Browns as a wildcard. Maybe, why not?
            Hope the jets have one hellava offensive line to protect AR. His last game last year imo looked like he's lost a step or two.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I think the Jets are going to seriously regret the entire AR deal . . . . . . and I bet Rogers will NOT like New York. If things don't go well the media there will not treat him with kid gloves (unlike GB). It'll be interesting to see how this plays out . . . . . . . .
              Originally posted by colorado View Post
              Hope the jets have one hellava offensive line to protect AR. His last game last year imo looked like he's lost a step or two.
              Yeah, Rodgers is going to turn 40 during the season. He's the same age as when Favre played for the Jets. They were 9-7 that season and missed the playoffs. Favre threw as many INTs and TD passes (22). What would be hilarious is if the Jets decide to move on from AR after one season and Minn decides to move on from Cousins and that's where AR ends up.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Yeah, Rodgers is going to turn 40 during the season. He's the same age as when Favre played for the Jets. They were 9-7 that season and missed the playoffs. Favre threw as many INTs and TD passes (22). What would be hilarious is if the Jets decide to move on from AR after one season and Minn decides to move on from Cousins and that's where AR ends up.

This couldn't happen . . . . . . . . . . . could it??

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

[/B][/U]

This couldn't happen . . . . . . . . . . . could it??
                  Stranger things have.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

I think Rodgers is going to be rejuvenated with something to prove with the Jets. He also has his preferred offensive coordinator and a couple of his wide receivers. Just as importantly, though, they have Breece Hall coming back. I think he's going to be a damn good running back.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think Rodgers is going to be rejuvenated with something to prove with the Jets. He also has his preferred offensive coordinator and a couple of his wide receivers. Just as importantly, though, they have Breece Hall coming back. I think he's going to be a damn good running back.
                      agree. Unless his arm’s shot the Jets should be good.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Put me in the category that thinks AR is mentally shot and checked out.
                        too many ayahuasca-coladas.

W @ NYJ
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Put me in the category that thinks AR is mentally shot and checked out.
                          too many ayahuasca-coladas.

W @ NYJ
                          Checked out . . . . . . . . and too much diva for my tastes - not to mentioned fragile, physically and ego wise

Comment

Working...
                          X