• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

BTW, Miami's Jerron Armstead likely to miss the opening game of the regular season.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

The gameday active roster used to be 46. Now it's 47 or 48 (if 8 OL are activated). When did this change?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        The Baltimore Ravens are bolstering the pass-rusher position, announcing they have signedformer No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. CBS Sports HQ NFL Insider Josina Anderson reports it's a one-year deal worth up to $6 million.​

I love what The Ravens are doing, they come to win.

And I’m especially glad KC didn’t get him. We need to beat them this year.
        Well, I think Clowney is very overrated. I'd only sign him to an incentive based contract with a low base.

No idea what he signed for.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We have had some bad ones. Gartrell is one of them. The list would be long actually but im not going thru all the rosters lol.
          It's deflating to think how long that fucking list is as bad as rountree was he might not even be in the top five worse all time...it's tragic to think he might be outside the top ten...

In the 45 years I've been a fan they've hit on a few RBs in the Draft too...guys drafted that I think made their mark are Means, Butts, Mathews, Sproles, Tomlinson, James, Fletcher, Turner, Brooks and I guess you could put Gordon on there too? Unfortunately Sproles, Brooks, and Turner did most of their work on other teams...I hesitated to include Anderson because he was so injury prone, who am I missing?
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

We have had some bad ones. Gartrell is one of them. The list would be long actually but im not going thru all the rosters lol.
            Marion Grice, Jordan Todman, and especially, Jacob Hester...a reach AND gave up picks for him...an average back at best...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Jermaine Fazande
              haha
              And to think, we picked Marion Butts in round 7...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It's deflating to think how long that fucking list is as bad as rountree was he might not even be in the top five worse all time...it's tragic to think he might be outside the top ten...

In the 45 years I've been a fan they've hit on a few RBs in the Draft too...guys drafted that I think made their mark are Means, Butts, Mathews, Sproles, Tomlinson, James, Fletcher, Turner, Brooks and I guess you could put Gordon on there too? Unfortunately Sproles, Brooks, and Turner did most of their work on other teams...I hesitated to include Anderson because he was so injury prone, who am I missing?
                I wouldn't say we hit on Fletcher. He was mediocre.....underwhelming imo. Anderson was dynamic, but yeah, injury prone. 6', 185, he was skinny.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  BTW, Miami's Jerron Armstead likely to miss the opening game of the regular season.
                  "Next man up!"

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't say we hit on Fletcher. He was mediocre.....underwhelming imo. Anderson was dynamic, but yeah, injury prone. 6', 185, he was skinny.
                    Fletcher played on some god awful teams, he was under appreciated and under utilized and that wasn't his fault. IMO he was ekeler before those types of backs were appreciated more and featured more. The guy was electric with the ball in his hands and he was awesome catching the ball out of the back field and making people miss, I thought he was wasted here with all the turmoil in that era, he came at a time when Boss Ross left, then Bobby left, and the team was in a really bad place, I wasn't around for the awful teams of the early 1970s but to me that late 1990s era was one of the darkest chapters of the team's history, at least since I've been a fan. It was Ryan Leaf, 1-15, and all that shit, the only thing worth watching during that era was the defense with Seau and Harrison putting on a show every week and leaving a trail of bodies behind...We were in a black hole coaching and offensively there during that run, it was not a good time to be a chargers fan...

EDIT: Fletcher did 3,814 combined yards on 785 touches while playing on some of the worse teams in Charger history, with some of the worse QBs and O-lines in team history, those offenses post Bobby Ross were atrocious...Fletcher was one of the few guys that flashed when given opportunities and then they wouldn't use him, it was weird...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

write something...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And to think, we picked Marion Butts in round 7...
                        Marion Butts is one of my favorite chargers of all time, he was a really nice find in round 7, I think they originally drafted him to play fullback or he had only been a blocking fullback at Florida State or something weird like that...he was awesome!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Did anyone catch Tua's first pass of the game vs Texans?
                          Answer: who is Denzel Perryman.
                          2024: Far From Over

Comment

Working...
                          X