• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think nothing has changed for him - his arm is fine, he's a good QB, and he's a nasty, harah for me, the hell with you person.
    I concur. And he is also a very weird person. I liked him a lot better when he talked a lot less!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I thought it was ridiculous too the way pundits were elevating the Broncos. I was pretty sure they weren't going to be a contender. But I didn't know they were going to be as bad as they turned out to be, though they did beat the Bolts in week 18.
      Well that was last year. But this year they are doing it again and psst...Russ is in the gym on his tick tock doing 10 lb squats and sit ups! Russ is gonna cook. Broncos Country! Lets's ride!
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Well that was last year. But this year they are doing it again and psst...Russ is in the gym on his tick tock doing 10 lb squats and sit ups! Russ is gonna cook. Broncos Country! Lets's ride!
        Russ came in last year resting on his laurels . . . . . . . . . didn't work so well. I think we'll see (at least) competent QB play from him this year - he's highly concerned about his 'legacy', AND he know Payton has the horsepower to sit his ass on the bench if he doesn't play well. Denver will not be an easy out this year . . . . . . . . . .on the other hand Joshy's bending over backwards to help us out !

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Nothing but time on my hands
            • Send PM

Thread on broncos country message boards called the Russell bandwagon. Bronco fans on the Russell bandwagon as of 6-19-23 66.67%, not on the Russell bandwagon 33.33%, as one fan posted he hasn't done any better than any other qb they've fielded since Manning.

The donk fans are definitely split on whether Russell is the man or not. Let's see what Sean can do for him. They blamed last year on Wilson.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post
              Thread on broncos country message boards called the Russell bandwagon. Bronco fans on the Russell bandwagon as of 6-19-23 66.67%, not on the Russell bandwagon 33.33%, as one fan posted he hasn't done any better than any other qb they've fielded since Manning.

The donk fans are definitely split on whether Russell is the man or not. Let's see what Sean can do for him. They blamed last year on Wilson.
              I agree with them. I thought they had everything needed to be a contender except a QB. I thought Wilson would fix that problem but he had a bad year and I'm sure the Bronco fans felt lrt down. The question now would be; was it just a bad year or has he slipped that much? He's 34 now so it's possible he just can't do it that well anymore.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

I agree with them. I thought they had everything needed to be a contender except a QB. I thought Wilson would fix that problem but he had a bad year and I'm sure the Bronco fans felt lrt down. The question now would be; was it just a bad year or has he slipped that much? He's 34 now so it's possible he just can't do it that well anymore.
                Me too, with a side helping of poor coaching . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I thought he was mediocre his last year or two in SEA, which is why I predicted he was not the answer in DEN and absolutely LOVED the ransom they paid for him. He’s a game manager, he needs a top running game and top defense to win. that ain’t gonna cut it in the AFCW with two legit gunslingers. I do expect OAK to take a step back with the QB clusterfuck they have developed this off season and DEN can grab 3rd place.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought he was mediocre his last year or two in SEA, which is why I predicted he was not the answer in DEN and absolutely LOVED the ransom they paid for him. He’s a game manager, he needs a top running game and top defense to win. that ain’t gonna cut it in the AFCW with two legit gunslingers. I do expect OAK to take a step back with the QB clusterfuck they have developed this off season and DEN can grab 3rd place.
                    Donkville is hoping to finish no lower than third. 9-8 is what most project. You should hear all the moans...priceless

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

The Rams sign Sony Michel.

My question: What for?!?

IMO, his contribution to the Bolts last year was-- to slant it favorably in Michel's direction-- "marginal".

Rams bring back veteran RB Sony Michel after one season away (nfl.com)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Even though I thought-- and *still* think-- that Jay Cutler was-and-is a douchebag, I can't help but notice that each time Josh McDaniels got a HC job, he's alienated the QB, and set the franchise back.

Denver... Now the Raiders... Goodgoddamighty, if the Chiefs will oblige us and hire McDaniels after his inevitable Crash & Burn with the Raiders, we will have hit the Trifecta. We can hope...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Even though I thought-- and *still* think-- that Jay Cutler was-and-is a douchebag, I can't help but notice that each time Josh McDaniels got a HC job, he's alienated the QB, and set the franchise back.

Denver... Now the Raiders... Goodgoddamighty, if the Chiefs will oblige us and hire McDaniels after his inevitable Crash & Burn with the Raiders, we will have hit the Trifecta. We can hope...
                          Jay had great physical talent but he was intrinsically a loser. Loser in College, Loser in Pros. I once went to a steakhouse on biz travel in Chicago and he tooled in with a floozy. (dont question, i know a floozy when i see one ). I didnt go over and call him a loser. life's regrets ... sigh ...
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X